max level equipment list

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
hsingscrapper

max level equipment list

Postby hsingscrapper » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:49 am

Is there a best list for each hero's equipment when they get to max level? I'm trying to start on Melina & Karal's gear because I know they max first and I've got lines to burn through anyway.

Right now, Melina is using a leg Whispering Wand that's unbreakable for her. So obviously, if you went lower level/higher quality, you could craft and fuse things quicker, right? I'm just not sure what levels that gear would be at. Or would I be better off trying to fuse to higher at lvl 25 gear?

So many possibilities and I feel like I'm overthinking this...

Arty
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: max level equipment list

Postby Arty » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:13 am

hsingscrapper wrote:Is there a best list for each hero's equipment when they get to max level? I'm trying to start on Melina & Karal's gear because I know they max first and I've got lines to burn through anyway.

There is no one simple "this is the best gear for this hero" answer. The "right" answer to this will change over time along with access to blueprints, and also with your goals in the game. Roughly speaking, gear development comes in three stages. Those stages might overlap a bit, and some players might also skip a stage.

• Stage 1: Unbreakable Gear
    When the first heroes reach max level, players usually don't have the necessary blueprints for stage 2 yet, so it is convenient to start out with at least some unbreakable gear. Which means for epic/legendary/mystical the level differences have to be at most 1/3/4 (or 2/4/5 with item affinity, or 0/3/4 with negative item affinity).
    One might try to make the strongest possible gear within those restrictions, but it doesn't really matter all that much, because this gear setup is usually just temporary. No need to waste too much effort on that.
    Depending on how fast one can start with the next stage, stage 1 might cover hero max levels 25 and 30, possibly 35 or even 40. Some players - especially if they buy packs - might skip this stage completely.
  • Stage 2: Healer/Energetic setup
    For a noncasual player, just having unbreakable gear is usually not enough in the long run. Questing/Raiding takes time, and especially the resting/healing time can only be reduced by skills. That's why players want to switch to gear with "Healer" and/or "Energetic".
    This comes with the problem that such gear is rarely available in the proper level range, so it won't be unbreakable. Of course you don't want your gear (high quality often required for the skill) to break, so it is mandatory to also have gear with "Support" (or the weaker "Resourceful" which I will just ignore here). Gaining access to "Support" is usually what starts this stage, because there are only very few items with this skill. (For players with the giant pack, the "Balmung" blueprint goes a long way. For free players "Noble Plate" and "Winged Sandals" from the iron chest are needed.) Four of the heroes also have "Support" on their own. With 5-6 Support in a team there are realistically no breaks anymore as long as the break chances are not too high. To that end, gear with high level difference to the hero should at least be legendary.
    A lot of time/effort then goes into making a lot of "Healer" and/or "Energetic" items. "Healer" reduces both resting time and healing time and even works for the whole team but it's capped at 90%. "Energetic" reduces only the resting time and works only for one hero, but can go up to 100%. Some players go only for one of those skills. It's possible to get both 90% Healer and 100% Energetic at the same time, but it restricts the possibly blueprints because many of them compete for the same item slot. Which items a player uses in the end depends a lot on which blueprints one gets first. All in all it takes a long time to finish, even just getting all the required chest blueprints.
    A few other important skills are "Leader" to allow 6-hero teams with the good leaders (Lion Boots are great for Alicia and Darthos, Plated Tunic and Royal Ring can come on handy for others), the survival skills ("Amazon", "Brothers in Arms", "Protector", "Aura of Protection") which actually increase the strength of the team significantly, and team loot increase skills (if there are free slots for it left).
  • Stage 3: Revive/Energetic setup
    In the long run players might want to replace "Healer" by "Revive", because even with 90% Healer the healing time for the current highest quest is 33.6 hours. "Revive" is not caped, i.e., it goes up to 100%, so a team with both 100% Revive and 100% Energetic has no resting time and never any injuries.
    Unfortunately, a 100% Revive setup is hard to make, because it requires some high level items in mystical quality which takes ages to fuse. That's why it is not feasible to completely skip stage 2. It's really end game content.

You seem to be starting with stage 1 and have a long way ahead. Keep at it. Use the shop heroes spreadsheet or http://shopheroes.sols9.com/ to get item info. Good for stage 1 (especially if you want to tale item strength into account), mandatory for stages 2 and 3.

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 am

Agreed with Arty, but here's a couple other handy resources:

Appgoons: http://appgoons.tk/shopheroes/characters/
The best in slot calculator at the top is great for seeing unbreakable options, just pick a hero and their level and you can scroll down the page to see a full list of options for each slot, what's unbreakable at what qualities, power, skills, etc.

Team building 102: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6237
A player written guide that's a more gentle introduction to skilled gearing, plus an easy first team so you can play around with it and see if it's something you really want to dive into.

If you're not ready for skilled gearing yet I'd probably give your maxed heroes whatever unbreakables you can make for them easily, don't stress too much over getting the best of the best since your plans are likely to change when you get more skilled bp options :)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 am

Arty wrote:With 5-6 Support in a team there are realistically no breaks anymore as long as the break chances are not too high. To that end, gear with high level difference to the hero should at least be legendary.

And "legendary" is specifically listed there because the break chance for it maxes out at 5%, even if the level difference would for ex. be 40. (for epic for ex. that would be 15% instead)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:24 pm

hsingscrapper wrote:Is there a best list for each hero's equipment when they get to max level? I'm trying to start on Melina & Karal's gear because I know they max first and I've got lines to burn through anyway.

Right now, Melina is using a leg Whispering Wand that's unbreakable for her. So obviously, if you went lower level/higher quality, you could craft and fuse things quicker, right? I'm just not sure what levels that gear would be at. Or would I be better off trying to fuse to higher at lvl 25 gear?

So many possibilities and I feel like I'm overthinking this...

If you're trying to get any sort of "best" list, it's going to mostly involve chest bps -for both the skills and increased item power - even if you're at the abovementioned "stage one" focusing on unbreakable gears.

For example, you'll want to kit Melina with epics/legs of "Evil seal" (spell, enegertic 1), prayer ring (ring, revive 1), and sacred scepter (staff, revive 1).

It can be smart to start preparing that stuff via fusion now because it can eat up some time, especially if you haven't unlocked additional cauldron instances, but it won't mesh particularly well with pushing through common blueprint lines.

KoalaKingHuggies

Postby KoalaKingHuggies » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:06 am

i suggest you read my questing guid (it's still WIP but it has most of the data you might want)

i will post it here, but after my tests ill finish it probably

note: this is a draft

Alright fellas, so here is your amazing guide on making your final setups.

Now, the first thing you should know is this: this is not going to be short. This will most likely be the hardest thing to do in the game, but as such, the reward is the juiciest, the most satisfying, and you know you want it.
Yes, that’s right. We’re delving into the abyss of efficient questing. When starting to read this, you all may be confused, but once we’re through you will make an expertly made build.
When making an expertly made build, you will make 4-5 teams, that will always go in the same way. You may not know why yet, but soon it will become clear. But wait, 4-5? Are there not only a set number of heroes? YES, there are. However, it all depends on your playstyle. You can make four six-hero teams, and have 3 backup heroes, giving you the most chance to get keys from quests, or you can get 2 6-hero teams and 3 5-hero teams, giving you the highest efficiency, as all heroes can go to all quests.
Selecting team leaders is important. Some items have skills that are very valuable, and are only getting used if that hero is the party leader.
Wait, skills? Shouldn’t you just get the best item that can get a 0% break chance for all heroes, getting the 25% power boost from a set? To be short, NO.
Pay notice, that with a good setup, any team can go to any quest with practically no consequences, and for example, a 5 man team can easily get 1.5 MILLION power, which is double the recommended for primal horns. The set bonus is nice, but not NERCESSARY.
But, we don’t want to break those mythical items. They are very hard to get. Lucky for us, here comes in the skills. There are 4 skills in the support category:
• Support – this skill is team oriented. If a team has, say, 3 support over it (it can be 2 on one hero and 1 on another, 3 on one or any combo you can think of), after doing the quest, the first 3 items broken are “spared” from break. For the entire team! (note that it does not mean that each hero will have 3 spared items, the entire team combined will have 3 spared items).
• Resourceful – This skill is like support, only it works only for that hero. A hero with X resourceful will have X spared items from break, but it will only protect for him. If you want to go with resourceful, you will need to give it for the entire team. I personally don’t recommend it, but it’s also a good skill.
• Supplier – supplier is an additive bonus that works for the entire team. Say over the team you have 80% supplier, it means every item will have 80% less break chance. Not that it does not decrease the break chance by 80%, it multiplies it by (1-Supplier). So if an item has a 4% break chance and you have 75% supplier, the item will have a 1% break chance, and the bonus is applied to all items equipped by the party members.
• Fastidious – This skill works the same as supplier, but only works on the hero with the Fastidious skill. It is a personal bonus, not a team buff.
Out of the following, support is the skill with the greatest bang for your buck. If a 6 hero team has only mythical items (which means 4% break chance for every item, maximum), and it has only 7 support, that team will break an average of 1 item per 100K runs. I personally go with 10 support for a 6 hero team and 8 support for a 5 hero team, meaning ill break an average of 1 item every 250M runs. (breaking so many items is a statistical impossibility, and I will later on make a program and link it here that calculates your break chance depending on your skils).
Ok so we got support out of the way. But now, you don’t want your heroes to have long resting times after questing. After sending your unprotected heroes questing for primal horns, your resting time is 1 week if you’re lucky, and 14 days if you are unlucky and injure them. Note that the chances to injury go down as your heroes grow stronger, meaning a high power hero is much less likely to get injured. So what do we do? Here you have 4 options:
• 90% healer only – Healer skill stacks over the team. You count how much total healer % your team has, and cap it at 90%. Your resting time is reduced by that percentage, and so is your injury time, lowering your rest time after quests by 90%. If you go with this build, you rely on your heroes having high enough power to rarely hurt themselves, and even if they do your rest time is reduced by 90%, to 20% of the quest original length (still a very high time for primal horns standing at 33 hours injury time and 16 hours rest time). This method gets the most resources, but has the highest rest time.
• 90% healer 100% revive – adding a 100% revive to the mix makes it that your heroes will have 0% injury time, but the same resting time. Revive is a skill that stacks like healer over the team and works the same way, only for injuries. Gets less resources than the previous.
• 100% energetic only – energetic is a skill that only works for that hero. A hero with 100% energetic on him will have 0% resting time after injury. For 100% energetic a hero needs any 2 items with energetic (1 or 2). Out of the four choices, this is the worst one. Like the healer only, you rely on your heroes being strong enough to not get injured, but unlike with the healer, you don’t get the injury cushion. If a hero gets injured, he needs to rest the entire 200% of the quest original time. Having a hero getting injured with this setup is PAINFUL. Gets less than the previous method.
• 100% energetic 100% revive – out of the four choices, this is the best. Your heroes will never get injured and never rest after a quest. Even after questing for primal horns, when your heroes are back, they are ready to go again right away. The downside of this build is that it takes the most equipment slots, but the rewards… worth it all. This is the setup you need to take if you want to take your questing and raiding to the next level. Gets the least resources, but has absolutely 0 rest time/injury time so makes up for that.
Pay attention, that the less resources a method gets, the more efficient it is, bringing rest time and injury time into consideration.
Now, you must be thinking, “boy, I am ready to make myself some teams, but it still looks scary” – don’t be! This guide is just for you.
After deciding which rest reduction method you take *number 4*, you are just about ready to start the actual work. Only thing you should put in mind before starting is this one last thing: SPEEDRUNNER. Yes, I said it. Speed runner, is a leader skill that lowers the quest time for the party. Say you have 40% speed runner on the leader, the quest time will be 40% shorter. And you can still lower the duration by another 85% (multiplicative) by boosting the inn. However, note that having speed runner on the leader as a natural skill is not important. Sure, it is nice to lower your quest time by 25% or even 50%, but I personally found that giving each leader the 2 speed runner items is just as efficient. There are 2 items you should give to every leader in your party: volcanic smashers, and maple potion. You give your leader those 2 items, and boost the inn 3 times, and even the week long primal horn quest feels like sending your heroes to the city sewers.
So now you are ready to start. Open an excel sheet, or write on a piece of paper a table in which you put all of your heroes teams. The way you divide them is not really important, as long as each leader can use gauntlets and potion, for the speed runner skill.
So now comes the interesting part, giving your heroes their first equipments. You should give your teams the support item you want and the rest reduction ones. Those are the skills you must put on your heroes, and they are the most important ones.
Now your theoretical teams have no resting time, and will never break an item. But you still have open slots on your heroes, now what? Well, here comes in another mechanic of the game – you can increase the rewards you get from raids and quests! There are 4 skills that will increase the number of items your heroes bring when you send them to raid or for a quest:
• Magic Find – out of the four, this is the one you want to give where you can first. It increases the maximum number of items each member of the party can find by 2. So if you have 5 magic find on your team and you send them to get horns, instead of 1-1 each hero has a chance to get 1-11 horns. This is the most important skill to get as it raises the maximum amound you can get.
• Detect Secrets – This is the second most important skill to get for your team, as it increases the minimum number of raid or quest material each member of the party finds by 1. Note that the minimum can’t pass the maximum so get the magic find ones first.
• Treasure hunter – this skill increases the maximum number of quest or raid materials the holder finds by 2/4/6 (depending on the treasure hunter level). Like Magic find, this skill is important, however it comes after Detect Secrets, since Detect Secrets is a team buff while treasure hunter is a personal bonus.
• Scavenger – this skill increases the minimum number of raid or quest materials the holder hero can find by 1/2/3 (depending on scavenger level). Our of the four, it may be the least important, but it is very good to have as well.
So after learning the 4 skills, distribute them amongst your teams, and watch your raid results go through the roof. Wanted to get 150 primal horns in one go? YOU CAN DO IT.
Now you may have some spaces that are not yet full in your hero builds. For those, just get power. However when talking about power, don’t take the strongest item. Skills like Amazon, Aura of protection and more increase your party survival chance, which means it increases the entire team power.

the build i am going for will be posted in a couple of hours

KoalaKingHuggies

Postby KoalaKingHuggies » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:48 pm

well it seems i cannot post images in the forums, lol

em... ill upload an imgur link i guess

https://imgur.com/pezLhLF

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:55 pm

KoalaKingHuggies wrote:The way you divide them is not really important,

Dont agree.

I just decided to put them in the best way for maximum power. So i was able to make higher quest with 100% energetic and 90% healer. So Brother-in-Arms (i dont use item) or Amazon pushes teampower a lot. But protect give's a high boost of Power to.

Kuro Shobi > Gangster for Rogue-Party with Speedrunner 50%
Darthos > Brother-in-Arms Male-party with Speedrunner 25%
Alicia > Amazon Female-Party
Mojian > Commander and Archwizard for Spellcaster-Party

some using:
Gauvin > Brother-in-Arms and Leader

So always use Leader with a leaderskill. And 100% revive is not easy..... but worth!

Regards
Mitrax

Return to “General Discussion”