This is only a suggestion

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Grazing

This is only a suggestion

Postby Grazing » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi guys! First time posting here.

If you join a city but leave within 10 days, the system will kindly remind you that a percentage of your investment will be left in the old city. While if you insist, your networth will drop by the amount of that percentage times your investment. However, your investment doesn't change. Which being said, if you originally has a networth of 100G and investment of 80G then after losing 10% of the investment you have 92G networth and still 80G investment. Theoretically, if you constantly joining and leaving cities your networth will be almost the same as your investment. Which is not a big issue.

But the wired case is somebody is looking at that number difference to figure how "well" the player can do in the game (mostly how well he/she can do in raiding) because for a fully updated shop, that number difference only reflects the gear values on heroes. Which being said, the larger the number difference, the stronger your heroes, and the more you do in raids.

This may sound a bit creepy but if you think about it, it makes no sense to only decrease the networth and keep the investment untouched. The investment should be exact how much money a player spent on the current city but not some "dead money" in some "who knows" cities. Only in this way the number reflects the contribution of a player to the current city.

I wonder if anybody is thinking in the same way and I personally hope this tiny issue can be fixed. And also apologize for my bad English.

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: This is only a suggestion

Postby Kim! » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:57 pm

I agree that it's a bit silly, and a little misleading to cities that recruit jumpers since the amount the city gets is the investments after the penalties, rather than what's shown on the profile.

On the other hand, it makes a nice red flag to see which players can't sit still and won't stay long if you recruit them. ;) Jump enough times and you can actually get a networth larger than your investments.

Grazing

Postby Grazing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:11 am

Kim! wrote:I agree that it's a bit silly, and a little misleading to cities that recruit jumpers since the amount the city gets is the investments after the penalties, rather than what's shown on the profile.

On the other hand, it makes a nice red flag to see which players can't sit still and won't stay long if you recruit them. ;) Jump enough times and you can actually get a networth larger than your investments.

Did you mean "networth less than your investments"? Because Networth is usually greater than investment. I agree that this is some kinds of punishment. But in a wrong way. I mean it breaks the game economy system by creating "fack investment". Technically I should lost 100% of my investment after losing 10% for 10 times in a row, but what happened in my 11th jump? How can I lose another 10% of my maximum if it is already 0?

More seriously, if a player has 100G networth with 90G investment, most likely the mayor will figure him a pretty casual player who put everything into the city. I truly doubt how many people would take the penalty into consideration. And there's even more, let's assume there is a player A who saved every single coin for his own good and refuse to invest even 1m into the city. At the end of the day player A has a networth 40G and investment 10G. After kicked by the mayor he decided to "wash" his profile. And guess what, after a few days our player A has a networth 20G and investment 10G.

There are some good sides and bad sides on this issue but my point is this is just wrong. It is not the correct way to calculate investment.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 am

Grazing wrote:
Kim! wrote:I agree that it's a bit silly, and a little misleading to cities that recruit jumpers since the amount the city gets is the investments after the penalties, rather than what's shown on the profile.

Did you mean "networth less than your investments"? Because Networth is usually greater than investment. I agree that this is some kinds of punishment. But in a wrong way. I mean it breaks the game economy system by creating "fack investment". Technically I should lost 100% of my investment after losing 10% for 10 times in a row, but what happened in my 11th jump? How can I lose another 10% of my maximum if it is already 0?

You're mixing up - 10% - 10% - 10% and * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 there. ;)
More seriously, if a player has 100G networth with 90G investment, most likely the mayor will figure him a pretty casual player who put everything into the city. I truly doubt how many people would take the penalty into consideration. And there's even more, let's assume there is a player A who saved every single coin for his own good and refuse to invest even 1m into the city. At the end of the day player A has a networth 40G and investment 10G. After kicked by the mayor he decided to "wash" his profile. And guess what, after a few days our player A has a networth 20G and investment 10G.

There are some good sides and bad sides on this issue but my point is this is just wrong. It is not the correct way to calculate investment.

Networth isn't too useful anyway; at the start your shop (should) make(s) up the bulk of it, then you cap out your shop investments and city investments start being the bulk of the number. Plus: all the many Gs that disappear from gold -> gems -> chest openings aren't recorded anywhere on the profile. (probably multiples of their networth for most) So cities mostly ask for the raid participation while recruiting, since the info on the profile isn't super useful even if it isn't bugged. (hasn't the blueprints number been bugged for a year or more?)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Grazing

Postby Grazing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:25 am

Shiroe wrote:
Grazing wrote:

You're mixing up - 10% - 10% - 10% and * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 there. ;)

While if it really work in the * 0.9 * 0.9 * 0.9 way there should be no problem at all. But unfortunately I believe it is working in the - 10% - 10% - 10% way and this is all what I am talking about. I hope the team fix it to work in the way you indicated.

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:27 pm

even is it was -10%, it's not 10% of the total nw that you have ever had.
it's -10% of your current nw. so it would never remove all of your nw.
ex: A person has 100G nw.
They join a city and then leave it, loosing 10%, thus their current nw is now 90G. They then join a new city and leave it. Their nw is not 80G, it is 81G. They join a new city and leave it. Their nw is now 72.9G after 10 of these join/leave situations, their nw is not 0. it is 34.8678G

vs

Grazing

Postby Grazing » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 pm

internetz wrote:even is it was -10%, it's not 10% of the total nw that you have ever had.
it's -10% of your current nw. so it would never remove all of your nw.
ex: A person has 100G nw.
They join a city and then leave it, loosing 10%, thus their current nw is now 90G. They then join a new city and leave it. Their nw is not 80G, it is 81G. They join a new city and leave it. Their nw is now 72.9G after 10 of these join/leave situations, their nw is not 0. it is 34.8678G

vs

Please be aware, you don't lose 10% of the nw, but 10% of the investment. And your investment number never change. The figures are:

Nw Investment
100 50
95 50
90 50
85 50

Return to “General Discussion”