Recent Spam and Alt Accounts

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Recent Spam and Alt Accounts

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 am

Greetings Folks,

Wanted to keep you guys informed regarding the recent wave of spam bots/accounts posting all manner of nonsense recently. We have a handle on it so you should see it die down quite considerably.

The sad bit to this is that it's been carried out by a former player that has been pretty active in the community outside of the Forums as they have been banned for rule violations here and in game.

I'll remind folks that this is indeed in violation of our Forum Rules and guidelines but also, is just uncool. I'm more than happy to chat and discuss things via PM even if someone is using an ALT account to do so.

Team will be keeping a close eye to remove any previous accounts set up to spam fyi and apologize for any fustration this might have cuased everyone.

Best,
Darkis
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Recent Spam and Alt Accounts

Postby internetz » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:57 am

you could cut out the vast majority of the actual spam bots by upgrading to phpbb3.2, which has google recaptcha integrated.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: Recent Spam and Alt Accounts

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:04 pm

internetz wrote:you could cut out the vast majority of the actual spam bots by upgrading to phpbb3.2, which has google recaptcha integrated.

True! I've made some adjustments on our end and most of the accounts are before the changes. But, we do plan to overhaul the SH forums sooner or later and already working on it.

Long over due!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “General Discussion”