Proposed Schedule for Upcoming Events

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Proposed Schedule for Upcoming Events

Postby alanx » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:40 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
alanx wrote:Thanks Darkis.

btw, any info on when the 0% item break chance event will get scheduled?

I need to swap that into that list and get it updated, I think trying to get it out with the raid would be a good idea.

Thanks Darkis! This event is useful regardless of whether there’s raid or not.

rashimakerenmosa

Postby rashimakerenmosa » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Is there an updated schedule for this? Current event lists 2/4 - 2/6 which changes what is written

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:48 pm

Yeah sorry about that, it was entered in as 48 hours instead of 24 and well we didn't really want to mess around with anything mid event in case something broke. Tomorrow it should continue as planned and after some discussions with Darkis we will see where we go once the current schedule has run its course.

Edit: Also wouldn't mind seeing some feedback on what changes you'd like to see if we continue with a rough schedule of upcoming events.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

aks47u

Postby aks47u » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:25 am

Tethys wrote:Edit: Also wouldn't mind seeing some feedback on what changes you'd like to see if we continue with a rough schedule of upcoming events.

Start and end events on time.
Start listing event times as UTC or at least as "your local raid o'clock". It's 4/5pm CC office time depending on the time of year. UTC sorts this.
Add a consistent warning to event posts that start and end times are at X timezone for Y dates, your local time/date may vary. Listing as UTC should help this. Newer players are often confused and especially Asian players sometimes think they've missed it being so far ahead of your office time.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:42 am

aks47u wrote:
Tethys wrote:Edit: Also wouldn't mind seeing some feedback on what changes you'd like to see if we continue with a rough schedule of upcoming events.

Start listing event times as UTC or at least as "your local raid o'clock". It's 4/5pm CC office time depending on the time of year. UTC sorts this.
Add a consistent warning to event posts that start and end times are at X timezone for Y dates, your local time/date may vary. Listing as UTC should help this. Newer players are often confused and especially Asian players sometimes think they've missed it being so far ahead of your office time.

Or just add something like timeanddate.com links and let those auto-translate it to localtime for the players.
For ex: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... h=23&am=59
or: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:05 pm

Shiroe wrote:
aks47u wrote:

Or just add something like timeanddate.com links and let those auto-translate it to localtime for the players.
For ex: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... h=23&am=59
or: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g ... nt=cursive

Well, my side it's utc so atm that's 4pm pst start of the day utc time.

Events sometimes run into delays etc, it happens and it'll happen again just like always.

If your wanting some sort of ingame heads up, not possible at this time sorry!

I'm pretty in touch with the China/Asian side and they know if an event is happening it's how it is above.

Pretty sure those that read the forums read the op for times starting.

Some of the comments here look to be more or less, I'm not happy it started late. Sorry for those affected by it as it's not intentional.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

alanx

Postby alanx » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:37 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:Well, my side it's utc so atm that's 4pm pst start of the day utc time. Events sometimes run into delays etc, it happens and it'll happen again just like always. If your wanting some sort of ingame heads up, not possible at this time sorry! I'm pretty in touch with the China/Asian side and they know if an event is happening it's how it is above. Pretty sure those that read the forums read the op for times starting. Some of the comments here look to be more or less, I'm not happy it started late. Sorry for those affected by it as it's not intentional.

Hi Darkis,
I think what would help mitigate all these issues rather very significantly is simply having the server clock; date & time displayed on the announcements page that appears when we login into the game. Since this popup can be accessed anytime from the shopkeeper menu (the megaphone icon), it would be easier for us to keep track of the server time. Delays are fine but its important that at least we come to know its actually been delayed so that way we can inform you guys so it gets fixed. Without an accurate reference point; the community would just be waiting and guessing. I am hoping that displaying the date & time in-game shouldn't amount to being a herculean task.

aks47u

Postby aks47u » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:26 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Well, my side it's utc so atm that's 4pm pst start of the day utc time.

Oh I know you're PST and the game is UTC, I was mentioning using UTC as it is consistent all year round and with the game's internal clock (for events and raids).
cc_Darkis wrote:Events sometimes run into delays etc, it happens and it'll happen again just like always.

Yeah fair enough.
cc_Darkis wrote:If your wanting some sort of ingame heads up, not possible at this time sorry!

The long awaited chat overhaul that's also needed for this I assume.
cc_Darkis wrote:I'm pretty in touch with the China/Asian side and they know if an event is happening it's how it is above.

Yeah I guess the larger presence there now is helping to take care of this. Used to be a bigger issue.

As for feedback on a possible event schedule, well you probably know already.
Just rotate them all, constantly :D

Kim!

Postby Kim! » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:59 pm

Thank you for hosting so many events.

As for feedback on the actual schedule...

• I wish things started when they said they would. I know there's issues sometimes, but it feels like a lot of the events came hours later than stated.

• Ninja editting the schedule is a little frustrating, it would be nice if there was a post stating "hey, we decided to change it" instead of silently editting the first post right before the event starts. It causes disappointment and confusion when people are hyped for something and it gets changed at the last second.

• Maybe consider put a little bit of space between things? Others might disagree on that point but it'd give you a bit more wiggle room when things go wrong or something gets added in late, and it'd make the days that do have events a bit more special compared to having them every single day.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:42 pm

Kim! wrote:Thank you for hosting so many events.

As for feedback on the actual schedule...

• I wish things started when they said they would. I know there's issues sometimes, but it feels like a lot of the events came hours later than stated.

• Ninja editting the schedule is a little frustrating, it would be nice if there was a post stating "hey, we decided to change it" instead of silently editting the first post right before the event starts. It causes disappointment and confusion when people are hyped for something and it gets changed at the last second.

• Maybe consider put a little bit of space between things? Others might disagree on that point but it'd give you a bit more wiggle room when things go wrong or something gets added in late, and it'd make the days that do have events a bit more special compared to having them every single day.

Also referencing the previous post from folks in my comments.

You and me both! I cringe every time someone mentions the in game heads up/in the news...I'm working on that.

Moving forward on the heads up, we did give fair warnings fyi but that's not good enough to be honest. We will get better and I think moving forward we need to ad din some 'You guys' decide day events.

Agreed on things maybe being to much boxed in....this is why you guys are the drivers, give the feedback, tell folks to come here and give the feedback and so forth.

Can also just send in a ticket doing the same.

I think we can easily set up a clock here or what not displaying time till next event sort of deal. On it.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “General Discussion”