Crickets

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Decima

Re: Crickets

Postby Decima » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:01 am

Clearly the team is spending its energy on Gems Frontier and letting this game die a slow death. Darkis is responding to reviews on that game on Google Play even though he said that these were different teams. Not too hard to put two and two together, but hey, let's not accuse them of anything! How about telling us the truth?

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:16 pm

That is part of Darkis' job. The different teams he was talking about was on the developers side of things. Typically that's how things work in this sort of agreements with studios. The team is still working hard on the next update.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Decima wrote:Clearly the team is spending its energy on Gems Frontier and letting this game die a slow death. Darkis is responding to reviews on that game on Google Play even though he said that these were different teams. Not too hard to put two and two together, but hey, let's not accuse them of anything! How about telling us the truth?

Wow, let's not go on a limb there buddy. The Team uses the Sirius name for tickets and reviews for both Games and a few others. Again, we are just the publisher for Gems Frontier so please take the 'Tin foil' hats off.

I've stated this for months now so it's ironic that every few weeks or so, it all get's rehashed, just like everything with Shop Heroes. I'll keep saying it, we have a pretty big update coming and there is ZERO reason for us to move on from SH.

We've only recently launched in China, Japan and have another direct one coming as well that I can't say yet.

Hate to be blunt on this stuff but there isn't really any other way to say your 100% wrong yet again on things.

8-)
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:18 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
Decima wrote:Clearly the team is spending its energy on Gems Frontier and letting this game die a slow death. Darkis is responding to reviews on that game on Google Play even though he said that these were different teams. Not too hard to put two and two together, but hey, let's not accuse them of anything! How about telling us the truth?

Wow, let's not go on a limb there buddy. The Team uses the Sirius name for tickets and reviews for both Games and a few others. Again, we are just the publisher for Gems Frontier so please take the 'Tin foil' hats off.

I've stated this for months now so it's ironic that every few weeks or so, it all get's rehashed, just like everything with Shop Heroes. I'll keep saying it, we have a pretty big update coming and there is ZERO reason for us to move on from SH.

We've only recently launched in China, Japan and have another direct one coming as well that I can't say yet.

Hate to be blunt on this stuff but there isn't really any other way to say your 100% wrong yet again on things.

8-)

I hope this didn't serve as a reply to everything I wrote...

Decima

Postby Decima » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:22 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:

8-)

Rehashed like this update that has been on the horizon for months? People here don't care about these new countries getting the game as people here are leaving by the boatload.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Decima wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:

8-)

Rehashed like this update that has been on the horizon for months? People here don't care about these new countries getting the game as people here are leaving by the boatload.

Alrighty, I'll jump down this rabbit hole with you for a bit, maybe I can help clear things up for you and get you updated.

Please let me see your metrics for the sheer amount of folks leaving. You have to understand there is a said thing as a User Life Cycle. Folks get bored, folks find something new to pull them away, it happens trust me.

The game is getting more and more new users across the board daily, I know, I see the metrics first hand daily basis. Just take a look at the google reviews if you like and you'll see it's very active.

I know we have some very dedicated players and they have invested a lot of their free time into playing SH. And yes, they do need to have new content to enjoy and that's always been a struggle.

So please don't confuse older players moving on (as in any game after 'X' time) as ''It's Dead Jim''.

I've said it many times it's coming and will take time. I've said things too early and it back fired so until it's ready, we all have to wait a bit.

*I'd like to mention I think having the outlook of "who cares if new folks get the game, this is for me" mentality is the problem for these discussions.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Mitrax
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:11 pm

I really enjoy this post. Please remember, this game is free to play. You dont have to pay for the game, for updates or anything else. It's just an invest for additional content, which you cant get without paying. If you have to pay, tell me please, i dont have to. :?

I'm totally agree, that an update needs a lot of time to design, calculate and programming. Dont forget to test this update and be sure to be unbugged is better to put out updates each month like the last one with the fusion bug. :evil:

I dont believe that SH is going to death. Its a very nice game i looked long time for. :P

I hope CC will try to make more public work. The roadmap was an good idea, destroyed by "but you have written soooon" or "in few weeks". The young team of CC has to learn. Maybe they all proffessions in any way, but not on public relations. They will find a way to inform gamers in a better way they did before. This is what i hope, wish an try to all.

I'm not happy about this situation as it is. But i wont influence it. It's my decision to stay. I have to do so much in this game. Havent arrived the "end game" yet. At this moment i never arrive it, before the update will come. :lol:

"Calm down, good thinks need time." But by the way, this means not i want to wait more than 18h for any fusion!!! :oops:

I hope my english is good enough to understand. :roll:

Regards
Mitrax

Shiro Kobu

Postby Shiro Kobu » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Decima wrote:People here don't care about these new countries getting the game.

I do! Don't be that guy.
ボンズトレモンド、 シートコンプレンマシニャトゥルピーエムムア。

Decima

Postby Decima » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:17 pm

I'm very aware of the user life cycle as you're hoping people don't uninstall the game within 24 hours of downloading it.

Google reviews have slowed, Steam reviews have slowed and become more negative, chat on Kongregate has fewer and fewer members. Global chat also has fewer members. Remember the days when we used to have an overflow world chat all the time? Yeah, me too.

Top 50 cities have been recycling members for a long time now as interest has been lost. The last major patch has been what? The Arena in the Summer of 2016? Cool, we've added a gem sink in the cauldron, and upgraded building levels, but that's been about it for a year and 1/2.

With all that being said, you're asking a lot from players having this long to go between content. My friends and I used to discuss this game all day and saw the potential in it. You run out of things to talk about, run out of fun, and living on the premise that there would be more content coming for so long wears thin.

Yes it's cool that you're bringing on new people, but they're going to see the same thing that we currently are, and I guess that goes to the user life cycle. Get them in, hope they spend a few bucks, and try to recycle. Your last comment shows that bringing in new players is more important than keeping them around.

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:56 pm

I don't like the tone but I have to agree with Decima on the post above.

I feel very very similarly. When did backend development and recycling new players became more important than content update and player base maintenance? I do see your angle Darkis. Very clearly. But it does not mean that I agree with it. Very very unfortunate for the game that it doesn't have enough manpower to support both channels and "backend" stuff caused the game to stagnate for almost two years. Pity.

Luckily or sadly I don't care (I still do.) that much anymore since I found myself another game.

Guess I reached end of my users cycle, ey? (Even though I love the game but there is literally NO incentive for me to stay and play more regularly.)

Return to “General Discussion”