Crickets

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Crickets

Postby Ronin » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 pm

Shiroe wrote:
alanx wrote:Cant you guys just give us monthly updates with the seasonal packs and sneak in some minor QoL fixes? Something we were used to since this game started?

Maybe the arduous multi-store approval/release process has them tunnelvisioned on a Cold War/CvC content update and not letting the approval/release process of small updates be a delay to it? ("Cold War is ready! Wait, because of a small update submitted for approval, we won't be able to submit the Cold War update for another 2-4 weeks." or something like that?)

Literally the only thing that's been disclosed about the "Cold War" feature supposedly under development for the last year is the name. Routinely during that time-frame Darkis has intermittently promised to share details. His latest comment seems to suggest that the feature is nowhere near to complete.

cc_Darkis wrote:To be honest it's more or less having everything that should be shared, finalized and set in stone. changing things up later on will just create a lot of confusion for it.

I'd offer some pretty favorable odds if you'd like to wager that this supposed feature is 2-4 weeks out.

Edit: To be clear, I don't need additional features and would be perfectly happy with current features if they would just iron out the bugs, particularly on things players have paid $USD for. I just don't understand why you guys continue to give Darkis and the dev team the benefit of the doubt given their track-record.

Lambec

Postby Lambec » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:16 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:Hey Guys,

Feedback is not being ignored. Going to make some more comments and join in on the deeper discussions here come tomorrow.

I keep coming back, 10 days later... but did I miss the comments and deeper discussions that should have happened on the 16th?

Oh ya. Any update on the bugged fusing that I paid actual real money for? Just asking.

thepiratesheep

Postby thepiratesheep » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:43 pm

Darius, the issue that I think people have is that there’s this completely justified perception that SH is moving at a snails pace, and no matter how many times we hear “getting our ducks in a row”, the ducks never show up.

This was a post from I believe May or early June, which was 9+ months ago:

“With each new update, we are aiming to bring more substantial content to the game. This starts with our August (loosely tied to September's patch) update for the Game.

(Told you to get your feedback into those threads!)

Starting with focuses on improving overall UI/UX elements.

More social content and features for the community to engage with.

Implementing more competitive elements as we all need a challenge!

Bringing in a deeper Fusion System, addition of Pets, and the long touted Cold War (city vs city) Event.

And a lot of improvements to existing features such as the roulette revamp, the trade system and improvements to the current upgrading system.

This also includes a focus for better pacing and balancing to support new features and most importantly, more events and dynamic dungeons.

~Darkis”

UI/UX - i think some stuff was done, but there’s still no update to the UI to promote giveaways/contests

More Social Content - is that the Valentine’s Day contest? To keep cities social, we have to have more than half a tweets worth of info for a city (mayors note)

Competitive challenges - ????? Is that the battle system?

Deeper fusion system - is that just able to upgrade mythics?

Addition of Pets - ?????

Long touted Cold War - ??????

Roulette revamp - no idea
Trade system - is that city requests??
Updates to current upgrade system - ?????

Dynamic Dungeons - ????????????

=====================

You’ve dangled these things out for almost a year, and we are no closer to finding out really anything than we were then.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:05 am

jeroti wrote:
Shiroe wrote:
alanx wrote:Cant you guys just give us monthly updates with the seasonal packs and sneak in some minor QoL fixes? Something we were used to since this game started?

Maybe the arduous multi-store approval/release process has them tunnelvisioned on a Cold War/CvC content update and not letting the approval/release process of small updates be a delay to it? ("Cold War is ready! Wait, because of a small update submitted for approval, we won't be able to submit the Cold War update for another 2-4 weeks." or something like that?)

Maybe I haven't become super jaded yet, but I'd like to think that CC is capable of scheduling things in a way that a small update wouldn't delay the hyped up CvC stuff they've been stagnating the rest of the game for. I'd like to think it would go something like this.

CC dev Hmm the weather forecast says it'l snow in paradise next month right about the same time as those new winged pigs make their first flight. Lets not put the small update we've got going into the approval queue so it doesn't hold back the Cold War patch we just finished.

I wasn't intending to sound jaded. Just trying to combine some old info (that store approval process, especially for iOS, can take up to 2 weeks for a straight up approval, maybe even longer if denied first time) with some common sense (I woudn't be surprised if one or more stores wouldn't allow an app to have more than one update in the approval queue) and thinking how to handle such horrible restrictions to the release schedule.

Say we want a minor fixes + throwback/last years' packs update first.
Easter is april 1st, so you'd want it released before that (since pack start/end dates very likely are (still) hardcoded into the app), so you'd probably want it submitted to the stores' approval queues early/mid march.
Worst case scenario, CC might have been working on bug fixes and Cold War all on one "master" code branch, so would need to backport/branch off the fixes to/at the v1.1.34002 release point leaving them I guess about 2 weeks to do that and test if the fixes work OK/the same with that older code. (while possibly thinking "nooo, we're so close to Cold War and this way it will take at least until may until we have the option of releasing it!" ;) )

(TLDR: Stores suck, probably making more than 1 non-hotfix release within a month near impossible.
I'm so glad at work "after 17:00h" is mostly my only restriction for fiddling with workstations and servers...)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Mitrax
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:59 am

I dont know why, but there are games in store, where you only download a version and updates while conecting to server. So there are games, where every week hotfixes and little releases are made without stores. Maybe not IOS (i dont use) but Android its possible.

Regards
Mitrax

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Mitrax wrote:I dont know why, but there are games in store, where you only download a version and updates while conecting to server. So there are games, where every week hotfixes and little releases are made without stores. Maybe not IOS (i dont use) but Android its possible.

Regards
Mitrax

Yep, in-app updates, probably because stores are so annoying to deal with... Unfortunately I don't think there's some knowledgebase of do's and don't of cross-platform app writing, so probably most companies, like Cloudcade, find out too late that their app design choices are anything but optimal in the long run...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Decima
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Decima » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:45 pm

This 2 weeks stuff for iOS is very old info. Most patches get approved in 2-3 days. I haven't seen it take longer than that in a very long time.

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:51 pm

Also, we are inventing excuses for them. If they had something ready to go and they were just waiting on approval, they'd announce features. We can't be so bored that we're deluding ourselves.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:00 pm

Decima wrote:This 2 weeks stuff for iOS is very old info. Most patches get approved in 2-3 days. I haven't seen it take longer than that in a very long time.

I dont think it should take longer than 2-3 days either. I mean come on...Apple isnt some startup company. The developers on their appstore are also their platform customers. If they took 2-3 weeks to approve, it would result in a riot lol.. Apple has enough man-power and can hire more to streamline and expedite things when needed. I can understand things being slow during major festivals/holiday seasons but the rest of the time should be fast enough.

peteypie99 wrote:Also, we are inventing excuses for them. If they had something ready to go and they were just waiting on approval, they'd announce features. We can't be so bored that we're deluding ourselves.

Bingo

Honestly, If someone from CC comes and tells us the same thing then at least thats okay. I will still give them the benefit of the doubt just because im so hopelessly invested in this game both in terms of time and money. Its the lack of any information thats becoming difficult to ignore..

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:52 am

alanx wrote:
Decima wrote:This 2 weeks stuff for iOS is very old info. Most patches get approved in 2-3 days. I haven't seen it take longer than that in a very long time.

I dont think it should take longer than 2-3 days either. I mean come on...Apple isnt some startup company. The developers on their appstore are also their platform customers. If they took 2-3 weeks to approve, it would result in a riot lol.. Apple has enough man-power and can hire more to streamline and expedite things when needed. I can understand things being slow during major festivals/holiday seasons but the rest of the time should be fast enough.

Well, I suspect Apple taking (much) longer is probably mostly them being more agressive about what they allow into "their ecosystem" compared to other stores that might not do much more than a simpler "Does it crash? Does it contain malware?" check for their approval procedure.
(but each store probably has its quicks; Amazon Android seems to have had a policy of not starting the approval procedure until Google Android had its release (maybe they wanted to do testing vs the new server update of an app/game?), so if a new server update didn't also support the old app/game version, Amazon users of such an app/game used to be locked out for 1+ days...)

alanx wrote:
peteypie99 wrote:Also, we are inventing excuses for them. If they had something ready to go and they were just waiting on approval, they'd announce features. We can't be so bored that we're deluding ourselves.

Bingo

Honestly, If someone from CC comes and tells us the same thing then at least thats okay. I will still give them the benefit of the doubt just because im so hopelessly invested in this game both in terms of time and money. Its the lack of any information thats becoming difficult to ignore..

It would be nice if CC would say "we just had a code freeze, so there's a 99% chance this list of things will be in the next update, whenever it gets through store approval". (though I'm sure we would see "where is the update?!?", "I can't see the packs in my game!" within 3 days after such a statement... ;-( )
@Darkis: the pace of updates has slowed so much that "first rule of updates: don't talk about updates until they exit the approval process" doesn't really give less annoyance than talking about them.

Return to “General Discussion”