Crickets

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Crickets

Postby peteypie99 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:44 pm

No updates....
No news on updates...
Mods haven't posted a blip on the forums in over a week....
New Year's contests are... completed?....
Items on November update still missing or broken...
Feedback has been "listened to" but no dialogue with the player base as to what is being worked on...

And you want money for this?

What are we supposed to think...

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Crickets

Postby Tethys » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:16 pm

Hi, sorry we've been quiet lately but it's been a very hectic start to the new year for the team. The update is coming though for more information on that you'll have to ask Darkis to see how the ducks are lining up. As for me I've been helping a bit with Gems Frontier and working on some other things behind the scenes. The New Years contests are completed, I however forgot to read the credited list that Darkis sent :shock: What items are you referring to? As I said previously, we're being cautious with what we say and when we say it to refrain from overstating what may make it into an update and what gets pushed back/put on the back burner.

On a side note, Darkis will have some major news to share with everybody in the next couple of weeks. He's also done a bit of Q&A in world chat and on discord and we're planning on having another discord Q&A in the short future :)

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:01 pm

The items I'm specifically referring to,

1. Over 100 percent fusion probability still shows up on the breakdown of %s when mixing items.
2. Gem lady still not here.

Those were really the only two substantive, game impacting, noncosmetic fixes from the November patch and they are both still an issue.

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:03 pm

As to asking Darkis about the update, several players have been asking on the forum since Jan 1st and we haven't heard any news.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:10 pm

1) Not sure on what's being done with a fix for the fusion %s but either way it would require a patch.
2) Gem Lady was supposed to be back this last update but she decided to be extra generous still. Should be fixed next patch.

I'll get Darkis to post in here to reply to your 2nd comment. For future reference please just edit your first post to avoid double posting. Thanks :)

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:39 pm

Will do regarding editing, sorry about that.
Regarding the % being off on fusions, the reason this was and is a big deal is because people paid real money for furniture that would add to % of fusion chance.
That, coupled with the extensively tested premium fusion slot not working out regarding projected probabilities for mixed fusions means...

People paid money (fusion furniture) and possible money (if they paid money for gems for the premium fusion slot) that is known to be broken/nonfunctional by CC. If that's not false advertising or at the very least bad form, I dunno what is.

My point is that there seems to be absolutely no sense of urgency for you guys to salvage the game. I'm baffled how content you are to let a huge chunk of the customer base languish and lose interest.

::shrug:: I guess Darkis can weigh in when he wants but at this rate, you've got lots of customers who paid money for something that's been broken since it was made.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:08 pm

I understand the severity and issues surrounding the fusion %s. The whole team does. It's not as simple as changing a number and pressing ok! jobs done. These things take time, and during those times there can be unexpected issues that crop up (like we experienced) that take time away from fixing issues. There are a lot of factors that go into these decisions. I also fail to understand what you mean by salvaging the game and with what urgency we should be doing so? You're thoughts on how the team feels are out in left field, the team is frustrated with lots of these issues that have reared their heads and are working hard to fix them.

Tethys.

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:24 pm

What I mean by salvaging the game is that the exuberance that long term players have toward the game is less and less due to the vague and glacial pace of communications and updates. You might find that people are still logging in (or not), but I assure you that the time spent in game is sharply declined (if my city mates... from three cities that I've had to join from imploding) are any indication.

Second, I'm not casting aspersions as to apathy with regard to the team. I'm sure they'd love to snap their fingers and fix all issues. However you need to figure out what you can do, as a team, to keep the enthusiasm as a game alive for your players while you fix things. Throw some more contests (please try and be more creative than posting/screenshot contests), run frequent events, or sales, in order to keep revenue flowing toward getting the man power to fix features faster.

Now, regarding your points on the fusion furniture. I get that it's not a quick fix. But... If the fusion furniture was not functioning properly when you released the first piece, then you shouldn't have sold a second piece of fusion furniture until you had things fixed. Instead, you sold something new that you knew was broken, and I personally feel that that's bad form.

Also... do better testing of features. A little more quality control would go a long way toward minizing these kinds of conversations.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:40 pm

To the point of contests, we're very limited in the things we can do to avoid a bunch of problems that they can cause. For the Christmas/New Years season, I had a massive list of possible events I wanted to run. I did my best to make it so these events would be in the clear to avoid any issues and yet, after meeting with Darkis and going over the list, most couldn't be done for various factors.

The rest should be responded to by Darkis so I'll ping him again to let him know he has more to respond to. I'll see if I can also get him to expand on the issues with contests.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:01 pm

Hmmm, a lot to read and go through so odds are I'll make a pretty lengthy response when in the office.

That being said, let's keep things civil and not so it's only this way or it's not right.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “General Discussion”