Crickets

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: Crickets

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:34 pm

Decima wrote:I'm very aware of the user life cycle as you're hoping people don't uninstall the game within 24 hours of downloading it.

Google reviews have slowed, Steam reviews have slowed and become more negative, chat on Kongregate has fewer and fewer members. Global chat also has fewer members. Remember the days when we used to have an overflow world chat all the time? Yeah, me too.

Top 50 cities have been recycling members for a long time now as interest has been lost. The last major patch has been what? The Arena in the Summer of 2016? Cool, we've added a gem sink in the cauldron, and upgraded building levels, but that's been about it for a year and 1/2.

With all that being said, you're asking a lot from players having this long to go between content. My friends and I used to discuss this game all day and saw the potential in it. You run out of things to talk about, run out of fun, and living on the premise that there would be more content coming for so long wears thin.

Yes it's cool that you're bringing on new people, but they're going to see the same thing that we currently are, and I guess that goes to the user life cycle. Get them in, hope they spend a few bucks, and try to recycle. Your last comment shows that bringing in new players is more important than keeping them around.

Clearly you don't with that as the opening line so let's take this for a spin.

Most if not all the oldies here knew the game came out the gate pretty hot and like a lot of mobile devs at the time, didn't expect their game to even come close to hitting players staying a solid 6 months.

When the games started rolling with 1 year players still massively active, retention is great, revenue is getting better, it shocked a lot of folks.

Same case for SH, hence the early rush to get more items in the game while still trying to sort out the long term game that wasn't properly planned for.

That's been rehashed a lot by the way.

So where did that leave SH well, playing catch up and that hasn't changed which does frustrate players. You said it yourself "players having this long to go between content".

We all know the big changes that happened earlier in the Year and to be honest, pretty much started well before that, Xmas 2016 for sure.

That's a big hit to come back from when it comes to putting out content production.

"Google reviews have slowed, Steam reviews have slowed and become more negative, chat on Kongregate has fewer and fewer members. Global chat also has fewer members. Remember the days when we used to have an overflow world chat all the time? Yeah, me too."

What numbers are you pulling up and have access to that even back these claims?

-Google reviews have been doing great and the big kicker, is we have a lot of written one's which are impacting. If your talking numbers now vs that PRE-Dec2016 fiasco, well differnt story but none the less, the numbers are really great.

-Steam...that's always been a mixed bag. Do you know how the Steam Community typically reacts/treats a mobile game port to thier platform...bad. Add in the changes that happened to keys/chest etc...you really give some fuel to the fire their.

-Kong...has chat?! I kid but it's always been very lack luster there and if you include all the untiy/web changes that games have been crushed by, you'd know why.

-Global Chat. What your comparing is the past. You got me there. That Xmas2016 Update was a killer. But, that being said it is better than it was.

But there is also this...

1) That chat can be and is at times very toxic. Sure we have some really great folks always trying to help out (Kim comes to my mind atm) and I wish I could name them all as they deserve soo much kudos but they can only do so much. I'm stepping up to help out on that front but we still need folks to report.

2) Do you know how many folks do not even wish to use chat? How many don't even know it's there? Easy answer..ALOT.

The games UI isn't the greatest and it creates a lot of missed points for a lot of aspects in the game. Chat, is a big one.

I do know I'm asking a lot and same for the Team on having our longer established players playing the waiting game yet again. That's why I do try to hit events, be social etc.

Part of my Gig is to do that stuff to not nessacarliy fill in the void, but make it not so painful to deal with.

"Top 50 cities have been recycling members for a long time now as interest has been lost. The last major patch has been what? The Arena in the Summer of 2016? Cool, we've added a gem sink in the cauldron, and upgraded building levels, but that's been about it for a year and 1/2."

Top 50.

Oh boy where can I start. You guy's are entrenched and the elite requirements will always keep it that way until time catches up be it other players or older leaving...but see that's the thing.

Some of you do not play any longer, but you do not leave the city your in and they do not kick you due to your value/investments. Look at bloops account, still sitting, still banned but I can't just go in and remove him.

That holds true to all the other players too...

And yes, you are right on the updates, I've said it several million times, not a fan of here's some bundles! I'll do what I can to push my boss on more than just some pretty text and show real actionables, show what's being worked on even if folks still have to wait...at least they'll know what they are waiting for right.

*and yes OP, still gotta get you answered!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Decima

Postby Decima » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:55 pm

I know there was a lot of back and forth with heated comments. Thank you for taking the time to battle it out with me Darkis. It was fun, but I resign :D

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:17 pm

No worries as I think you made solid points and it highlights a lot of things we @Cloudcade have to get done, asap. Either way, it'll help others wanting to ask the same questions, voice those concerns and let us know that status quo isn't working..so get it fixed.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:14 pm

I like it when you get all fired up Darkis and talk to us without fancy words and business phrases.

It shows when you are not afraid to name things for what they really are. I found in your post more honesty than in any other since long time ago.

Kudos. Not all hope is lost it seems.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:32 am

cc_Darkis wrote:When the games started rolling with 1 year players still massively active, retention is great, revenue is getting better, it shocked a lot of folks.

Same case for SH, hence the early rush to get more items in the game while still trying to sort out the long term game that wasn't properly planned for.

Yep, "we have 2 years of (new) content planned out" *players find ways to get through it in probably a third of that time* ("planned out" getting rushed into "put into game" and queue of planned stuff running dry-ish because of that) ;)

-Global Chat. What your comparing is the past. You got me there. That Xmas2016 Update was a killer. But, that being said it is better than it was.

But there is also this...

1) That chat can be and is at times very toxic. Sure we have some really great folks always trying to help out (Kim comes to my mind atm) and I wish I could name them all as they deserve soo much kudos but they can only do so much. I'm stepping up to help out on that front but we still need folks to report.

2) Do you know how many folks do not even wish to use chat? How many don't even know it's there? Easy answer..ALOT.

The games UI isn't the greatest and it creates a lot of missed points for a lot of aspects in the game. Chat, is a big one.

Yeah, chat has always felt like a "it's early/mid 2015 and we'll go to public beta soon. The game lacks chat. What standard unity chat component is available that we can slap on quickly for now and replace later?" thing. Unfortunately it's still the 2015 chat, just with a 3rd tab added in 2018. ;-|

Chat-ish things that would be nice if it ever gets replaced:
- fetching a longer history than 10 messages on login, especially for city chat
- mute option
- maybe PMs (needs the mute option to prevent PM-trolling) (GM system notices could perhaps be broadcast to PM boxes/tabs)
- some city recruitment/city merge board (PMs would probably help there too)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:50 am

cc_Darkis wrote:
Decima wrote:

Woohoo!

I guess given the back and forth, the general gist of what I was expressing was hashed out. Though, one point I made hasn't been addressed. As of the November Patch, the fusion % was supposed to be fixed with fusion furniture and it hasn't.

My question is, why would you put out multiple packs with fusion % furniture that was not working. You're selling broken furniture. Moreover, for furniture that gives bonus to mastery... how would we ever know that it really is working given the fusion ones don't?

I don't really care about anything else at this point because how you run your game is your prerogative. However, when people spend money for features and those features do not work, that should be your top priority. Especially when you sell those features again while knowingly leaving the feature broken. As far as I'm concerned, that's the only *real* thing left on my list. Everything else is just a difference of opinion.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:55 am

peteypie99 wrote:I guess given the back and forth, the general gist of what I was expressing was hashed out. Though, one point I made hasn't been addressed. As of the November Patch, the fusion % was supposed to be fixed with fusion furniture and it hasn't.

My question is, why would you put out multiple packs with fusion % furniture that was not working. You're selling broken furniture. Moreover, for furniture that gives bonus to mastery... how would we ever know that it really is working given the fusion ones don't?

One of the problems is them not clearly listing how such furniture is supposed to work.
- +1% to fuse success rate if below 100%?
- +1% to 1 or more of the item rates? (maybe most expensive one, like upgraded cauldron duplication?)

- +1% to listed mastery points? (probably wouldn't work nice with the interface; X skills points at times being rounded to X+1 mastery points instead of rounded to X...)
- hidden +1% boosts on proc rolls, just like the hidden +25% boost on proc rolls for mastered items? (and in that case "1 + 0.25 + 0.01" or "1 * 1.25 * 1.01"?)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:37 pm

peteypie99 wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:
Decima wrote:

Woohoo!

I guess given the back and forth, the general gist of what I was expressing was hashed out. Though, one point I made hasn't been addressed. As of the November Patch, the fusion % was supposed to be fixed with fusion furniture and it hasn't.

I don't really care about anything else at this point because how you run your game is your prerogative. However, when people spend money for features and those features do not work, that should be your top priority. Especially when you sell those features again while knowingly leaving the feature broken. As far as I'm concerned, that's the only *real* thing left on my list. Everything else is just a difference of opinion.

Still patiently awaiting a response.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:19 am

Awaiting response but more importantly ... what’s the ETA on the “UPDATE”????

Mitrax
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mitrax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:47 am

"THE UPDATE" should be devided in two or more

a) bugfixes of the last update > needed yesterday
b) and new update > maybe you could always update monthly less content to get fixed problems faster, a big one will crash the game (i dont hope, but it could be)

ETA would be nice: not the day, but week, month, year first, :roll:
if update ready > day :roll:

Regards
Mitrax

Return to “General Discussion”