CC, your economy is working against you

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Dave1029

CC, your economy is working against you

Postby Dave1029 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm

First off, I understand that your priority is to make money, so I’m not going to offer ridiculous suggestions that destroy your profit margins. However, as it stands, you’re actually killing potential profit with poor mechanics. So I’ll offer solutions that you really need to consider. For player retention, a better more vibrant economy, and more players buying gems. Without further ado:

GEMS ARE WORTHLESS. What? Worhless? Whadda ya mean worthless? They’re currently going for about 10mil gold each and are vital to progress in the game. By worthless, I mean that they lack purchasing power. This is important because people are LESS LIKELY to buy gems. A pack mythic tends to sell for around 8K gems. That’s $50 worth of gems.

Some have suggested adding more gems into the economy. That’s not a good idea, because that hurts your profits. What you need to do is change mechanics to increase the value of gems already in the game.

Sources of gems: Raid, questing, and real money purchases.

Gem outflow: speed ups, slot upgrades, and chests.

Fixes and reasoning behind:
Remove gems from raid. Sounds psychotic right? Hold up I’m not done; have raid rewards be keys, blueprint fragments, bags, and epic+ gear with gear being randomized per city (ideally per individual based on their level and including pack blueprints) and the final reward being a mythical item. No chests. No gems. No resources.

Now leave chest odds the same with keys but a guaranteed BP or mythical when using gems. Suddenly you’ve flushed the world market with gear, and you’ve eliminated the necessity of gems being wasted on chests. You’ve just increased the purchasing power of gems ten fold. Mythical, legendary, and epic gear will now be far more affordable, and people will be more likely to spend gems on chests.

Remove the world trade tax. You have enough sinks. You’re needlessly making gold and gems more worthless. YOU. HAVE. ENOUGH. SINKS.

So trade tax is gone, gems have a ton of value now, but are considerably harder to come across, BUT gear is now obtainable through gold as good gear is no longer so damn rare.

What this means: purchased gems will go much further. Guaranteed progress on bps, and much more purchasing power for items. But this is not enough. Two more tweaks need to be administered.

Every reward from questing needs to be taken in. This increases key and gear supply, and increases player retention. This will also offset some of the gem rarity from removing it as a raid reward.

Second, a good gold and gem sink needs to be added. I know I said we have enough sinks above, but there’s no real good sinks. CC still should want high level players to be buying gems and investing gold.

Gold: Mastery and Crafting building. Citywide boost: + x% mastery based on level. Instant boost: - x% craft time.

Gems: Fusion building. Citywide boost +x% success rate. (40% boost would be 63%*1.4 for a mythic fuse) instant boost would be a reduction in fuse time. 30 gems per boost or a gem per minute.

Now what about rubies and aragonite? Have primal keys, chests; and champion bags drop from shards, horns, and t3 raid runs.

A possibly easier fix if you’re lazy:
A fountain of gems overhaul. Have it be a subscription service that gives fusion success and speed multipliers, quest multipliers, extra spins, free keys, etc.

At the VERY MINIMUM, the gem and gold tax needs to be removed. It’s stretching a failing economy. People aren’t going to trade when you rip value away from items like that. Trade barriers are bad and have always been bad virtually and in the real world.

DeityGod

Re: CC, your economy is working against you

Postby DeityGod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:10 am

Trade tax are absolutely necessary. If you will not have tax on market game, then inflation will ruin whole game.

But yes, game are really need some useful gem application.

Because for now you will need around 30-70k gems to open all iron chest BPs, not talking about golden, magic, dwarvish or primal chests. Its $200-500 for iron chest BPs only! Double for golden chests BP, triple for magic and dwarvish and 5 times for primal. Its around $1000-3000 for magic chest BPs (there are more magic BPs then iron BPs in number). Its insanely high price! There is absolutely useless to buy gems for now, because you should spend too much for too low profit.

CC, don't you know about maximazing profit by manipulating price? Now you have few people who spend money to your game and making most profit. If you will lower you prices or raise reward for buyers you will get more buyers and more profit in whole! Check this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand and this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_revenue

And yes, do something with it already! Anything would be better then do nothing, like the last few years!
Last edited by DeityGod on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: CC, your economy is working against you

Postby Shiroe » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:18 am

DeityGod wrote:Trade tax are absolutely necessary. If you will not have tax on market game, then inflation will ruin whole game.

It's a good gold sink (10%), but it being a big(ger) gem sink (25%) is a bit odd when gold is more abundant than gems.

But yes, game are really need some useful gem application. Because for now you will need around 30-70k gems to open all iron chest BPs, not talking about golden, magic, dwarvish or primal chests. Its $200-500 for iron chest BPs only! Double for golden chests BP, triple for magic and dwarvish and 5 times for primal. Its around $1000-3000 for magic chest BPs (there are more magic BPs then iron BPs in number). Its insanely high price! There is absolutely useless to buy gems for now, because you should spend too much for too low profit.

I would really like it if there were more other-than-gems ways to progress on chest blueprints and gems could be more re-focussed on the other gem-only things.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “General Discussion”