China region End-of-Year appreciation event

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
sakenken

China region End-of-Year appreciation event

Postby sakenken » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:12 am

Hi, Darkis, and hello everyone
My friends from China tell me that they are currently having a so called "End-of-year" appreciation event.
During this event, people spent money to purchase in-game gems will be recorded. Once the total amount of an individual player spent reaches a threshold, some extra itmes/keys/chest etc. will be rewarded to this player.

The current info that I have is the following:

for over 88RMB (around $13 us dollar)
pick 1 legendary item that is under lvl 40 (any item as long as it is under lvl40)
1*iron chest & key
1*golden chest & key
1*magic chest $ key

for over 288RMB(around $44)
pick 3 legendary item that is under lvl 40 (any item as long as it is under lvl40)
3*iron chests & keys
2*golden chests & keys
1*magic chest & key
1*dwarvish chest & key
8 BPF

for over 588RMB(around $90)
pick 6 legendary item that is under lvl 40 (any item as long as it is under lvl40)
2*golden chest & keys
2*magic chest & keys
2*dwarvish chests & keys
1*primal chest & keys
18 BPF

for over 888RMB(around $135)
pick 1 myth item that is under lvl 50 (any as long as it is under lvl50)
3*golden chest & keys
3*magic chest & keys
2*dwarvish chests & keys
2*primal chest & keys
28 BPF

for over 1888RMB(around $287)
pick 3 myth item that is under lvl 50 (any as long as it is under lvl50)
5*golden chest & keys
4*magic chest & keys
4*dwarvish chests & keys
4*primal chest & keys
68 BPF

for over 3288RMB(around $50)
pick 3 myth item that (any, no lvl limit, it can be packs BP, chest BP, just any)
5*golden chest & keys
5*magic chest & keys
5*dwarvish chests & keys
5*primal chest & keys
118 BPF

for over 6666RMB(around $1014)
pick 6 myth item that (any, no lvl limit, it can be packs BP, chest BP, just any)
9*iron chests & keys
9*golden chest & keys
9*magic chest & keys
9*dwarvish chests & keys
9*primal chest & keys
348 BPF
and a limited Avatar Hat

@Darkis, are we going to get some sort of special events for the last few days of YEAR 2017?

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: China region End-of-Year appreciation event

Postby Lionstar » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:37 pm

Would they seriously run a promotion when they have to hand out manually requested rewards? How is that even feasible? Sounds really fishy to me. Not to mention how ridiculous money grab that is with straight up leg/myth rewards which should be crafted... main purpose of the game.

alanx

Postby alanx » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:13 pm

I think it’s a great event and we should have something like it on the global server too. Money is what keeps this game up and running for everyone so it seems strange that CC hasn’t done something which basically majority of the games have been doing until now. I think it’s a welcomed development.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:52 am

alanx wrote:I think it’s a great event and we should have something like it on the global server too. Money is what keeps this game up and running for everyone so it seems strange that CC hasn’t done something which basically majority of the games have been doing until now. I think it’s a welcomed development.

More p2w by offering the whales nearly a 100% bonus on their purchase? (based on gem package prices and tradehouse prices of myths and of course support just gifting the high level myths is more reliable than tradehouse supply; I wouldn't be surpriced if people putting in effort to fuse to sell on the tradehouse would feel it as a slap in the face if such an event just out of the blue reduced demand/added supply competition...)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

alanx

Postby alanx » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:38 am

Shiroe wrote:
alanx wrote:I think it’s a great event and we should have something like it on the global server too. Money is what keeps this game up and running for everyone so it seems strange that CC hasn’t done something which basically majority of the games have been doing until now. I think it’s a welcomed development.

More p2w by offering the whales nearly a 100% bonus on their purchase? (based on gem package prices and tradehouse prices of myths and of course support just gifting the high level myths is more reliable than tradehouse supply; I wouldn't be surpriced if people putting in effort to fuse to sell on the tradehouse would feel it as a slap in the face if such an event just out of the blue reduced demand/added supply competition...)

It’s certainly reasonable for the devs to have such an event in a new region in order to recover their investments involved in localizing the game to that region. It allows new players to catch up to veterans or helps that community gain access to myths faster to foster trade amongst them. Regardless, anything that improves overall sales for the game definitely helps the community by keeping the game profitable enough to continue. It might not warrant such an event for the global server but it’s justified for new servers.

sakenken

Postby sakenken » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:32 am

So Darkis has no comment on this matter? They are getting Myth items as gifts while we only have the OSD pack....

Morra

Postby Morra » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:04 am

alanx wrote:It might not warrant such an event for the global server but it’s justified for new servers.

We are all playing on the same server.
And now i know, why there are suddenly primal keys in the trade house offers...

Tomblade
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tomblade » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:36 am

I'm all for p2w if it revitalizes the game. However I still like the idea of top lists being separated by an additional rank. What I mean is you could have your standard list, which would be Bronze, then after that a top 50 list that is Silver, then Gold,then Platinum. Of course all the p2w whales would shoot up to number 1 platinum spot, but there would be at least a few more chances for there to be #1's. Not quite participation trophy level, but saying you are #1 Gold sounds better than saying you are #51 overall.

Makes me wonder if I am actually on to something here, or if there is a method the the current madness.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:53 pm

sakenken wrote:So Darkis has no comment on this matter? They are getting Myth items as gifts while we only have the OSD pack....

I'm just noting feedback from all players across the board to be honest. Stuff like this can upset many and on the other side, make a lot of folks happy.

I've always been one of the guys that throws it around the office on how the time to craft these things, is far too much and with deals like this, that's where I see the big advantage gained.

There are more packages coming in after each has a 5 day cycle and more updates coming.

That being said, we need keys in the TH, that line is pretty long wait wise. :twisted:
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

cynthrocks
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby cynthrocks » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:53 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
sakenken wrote:So Darkis has no comment on this matter? They are getting Myth items as gifts while we only have the OSD pack....

I'm just noting feedback from all players across the board to be honest. Stuff like this can upset many and on the other side, make a lot of folks happy.

I've always been one of the guys that throws it around the office on how the time to craft these things, is far too much and with deals like this, that's where I see the big advantage gained.

There are more packages coming in after each has a 5 day cycle and more updates coming.

That being said, we need keys in the TH, that line is pretty long wait wise. :twisted:

So will we be seeing this event too or....?

Return to “General Discussion”