Strategy for fusion after the patch

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
xsansara

Strategy for fusion after the patch

Postby xsansara » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:53 am

I just rummaged through the Net, and couldn't find any comprehensive guide that takes into account the new fusion upgrade and the possibilities that arise through it.

Here is my concrete issue:

I am looking to fuse a total of 7 legendaries. I have a normal and an upgraded slot. I can easily afford as many good and common items as I want, and can put lower items in the mix, but not higher ones, because this about as high as I can see. How do I fuse for maximum effectivity in time?

I go up to flawless with the upgraded slot and epic with CF and the normal one, but what do I do with the epics? I read CCE or FFFE are viable options, but what about the upgraded slot. Are there new options, I am not aware of? What about mixes to cut down on the the considerable time?

I can do the math easily until flawless, although I am not sure about good/great fuses. CF is still viable obviously...

Please, I know this must be same issues hundreds of other players have as well, so why is there no guide for noobs like me?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Strategy for fusion after the patch

Postby Shiroe » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:41 pm

As far as I know, the most expensive item gets duplicated, which makes FFFFE or EEEEL more difficult, since the fodder needs to be less expensive than the items that are 1 quality lower. (might work with a non-chest/package fodder)
For all same quality fuses, an upgraded slot will mean a time hit if you did 5 different items, but not too much for less different items than that.

For most of the rest, the info from the Fusion Cauldroning 101 strategy guide topic probably still applies.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Arty
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 am

In principle, the former fusion setups should still be the best ones regarless of upgraded slot or not. Although you currently can't trust the shown numbers when using the upgraded fusion slot. (Let's hope that at least the numbers shown in the regular slot are trustworthy.)

Shiroe wrote:As far as I know, the most expensive item gets duplicated, which makes FFFFE or EEEEL more difficult, since the fodder needs to be less expensive than the items that are 1 quality lower.

With the current bugged version (see here) of the upgraded slot this might not matter. Those tests were only for a narrow fusion setup, but one explanation would be that the copied item only provides an increased success chance but is completely ignored when calculating the chances for the various fusion results. If this is the case in general then any FFFFE/EEEEL fusions in an upgraded slot (or also FFFEE/EEELL if the fodder item is copied) are in reality just FFFE/EEEL with improved success chance, which would still be okay (you save a Flawless/Epic and don't have to care about what is copied, but you also slightly higher chance to only get a fodder upgrade).

Ignoring the major issue that the numbers shown in the cauldron - our only source for making decisions about fusion setups - lie to us, this bug could be worked with, it has both advantages and disadvantages. Of course the problem is that we can't really be sure about the exact nature of the bug, so trying to work with what we think the bug is might just mess things up more. paradise, I am not even sure that the bug is related to the upgraded fusion slot. Maybe fusion calculations are messed up in general and were broken all along. (And as a player it's extremely tedious to properly test this.) There is also no guarantee that the devs will even tell us when they have fixed the bug (if they fix it at all), so it's hard to say what we can really rely on.

I have pretty much lost faith in the numbers shown in the cauldron. I mean it was always the case that we had to blindly trust that those client-side calculated numbers really match the server-side fusion calculation, but after seeing an instance where they don't, this basic trust is just gone for me. Not sure if this will ever be restored. I'll keep fusing but I'll try to avoid setups where the impact of this bug (or false reliance on this bug) could be really big.

xsansara

Postby xsansara » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:17 am

Thanks so much.

I have had some discussions in world chat and it seems to me that the viable options are EEEL with an L that is different to save time, but slightly lower in price and FFFE with essentially the same setup.

Also, there is EEEE, which gives you one big fusion time counter, but works 100% and in my case still fits in over night.

I am still trying to get my head around the math. If I have a lot of F or if I have run out of C for CF, then FFFE is probably best. Even if you don't get the L, you retain most of your F and may gain an E. EEEL seems great, when I have a good L already. Fusing something specifically for this purpose seems like a waste for me. EEEE is still the work horse fusion and the only biggest downside seems to me that it can take a long time with high level items.

I am going to ignore the bug for know. I don't really understand it, tbh. I think it matters most when there is a big difference in lvl between your fuse and your fodder. I will try to minimize that anyway.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:58 am

The "beauty" of C+F, FFFF+E and EEEE+L is that if the "fodder" item accidentally procs to be the result, you end up with the fodder for the fuse 1 quality higher. The only really bad result is if the fodder procs to mythical...
(same with 4 items for upgraded slot)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

darkbake

Postby darkbake » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:08 pm

I have been doing simple common-flawless fusions with the same item for both the flawless and the common if I were to use "fodder" what would be an example of this? Would I mix a high-level common item with a low-level flawless?

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:48 am

darkbake wrote:I have been doing simple common-flawless fusions with the same item for both the flawless and the common

For those, an upgraded fusion slot should be better, since that C+F+F should give better results. (though upgraded slots might be bugged and not giving the listed better percentages)
if I were to use "fodder" what would be an example of this? Would I mix a high-level common item with a low-level flawless?

For me, I mostly mix close level items, so for a high level example, something like common Dragonfire Potion + flawless Azure Boots (precraftless common lvl 45 heavy boots)
It would be mostly unexpected procs, junk from bags/chest/roulette/quest special loot that you'd use as fodder.

Return to “General Discussion”