Why I wont be spending any more money on SH

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Tkshowers
"Good" Mastery Member

Why I wont be spending any more money on SH

Postby Tkshowers » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:13 am

Two things first:
1. CC, you made a great game. This is not bashing it, just my reasoning for no longer spending real money after almost 2 years of buying most of the packs, fountains and the occasional pack of gems.

2. I love all the forum folks, but I am not interested in why my reasoning is flawed. Feel free to post, troll, bash, agree, whatever, this is one an done for me.

So here it is. Even spending money, I can’t get what I am interested in without investing more time than I have. And if the math is to be believed, more time than I have in my life time. I can min/max my teams, but without spending years of my life, I am done. Legendaries with a smattering of myths. Those mythicals I do have represent a brain killing number of fusions with loads of waiting, or lucky RNG at the price of gems. Of course I also got lots of quest items at exorbitant gem prices which make even the lucky RNG more of lack of pain than a triumph. Gearing has lost my interest because it is to slow due to fusion rules and time.

TH is broken. You can’t use gold, and the gem market sucks.

Arena is mind numbing because you either settle on a gear set and team and hope for a few wins or bang your head against the wall as you constantly remake your teams one hero and one piece of gear at a time in order to win a couple more matches.

Raids are the same thing over and over. I lead my city each week and get nothing more than the guy who made our raid minimum.

Crafting still works, but why bother? I can’t sell most of what I make if I want to succumb to my completionist need because now one wants the items, gold is relatively valueless anyway and people don’t spend gems. Fusing is too long with no way to shorten the time without gems that you can’t earn on the TH, and have to resort to buying (see title, not spending more money).

FInally, my city keeps losing top people out of boredom. Not spending money is my first stop, but I see just fading out of the game as the next.

Please consider gold to speed fusion, returning the gem lady or increasing the number of gems in the game. If this Cold War is going to happen, get to it. Let me pre set teams for arena, or add another couple of gear sets. Take artifacts out of chests, increase 5L fusion to 100%. You have seen all the suggestions.

Love this game, but it is becoming a waste of my time rather than an enjoyable way to spend my time.
Hoping for the best and thanks for creating a game that has helped me meet some good people and spend some good times.

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Why I wont be spending any more money on SH

Postby Lionstar » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:50 am

Word! +1

I struggle SOOOO much to keep myself interested in the game anymore. It feels like they just throw sticks under our feet instead of making the game fun. I thought that what gaming is about.

Oh well.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 am

Valid points around for sure. There are more than a few things I've been very vocal about and there isn't a simple solution to them.

The Gem NPC is returning, just gotta work the kinks out asap. I'll also have more news to share about the upcoming update/time line for it.

"Please consider gold to speed fusion, returning the gem lady or increasing the number of gems in the game. If this Cold War is going to happen, get to it. Let me pre set teams for arena, or add another couple of gear sets. Take artifacts out of chests, increase 5L fusion to 100%."

More than noted on numerous times and will discuss again with the Team (more than discuss but try to meet in the middle here and there).
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Nissaya

Postby Nissaya » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 pm

This discussion has already been done many times with previous CM with no change to gameplay...

Game was fun when i was spamming ocarinas and converting 500m gold to 500 gems with magic key.
I was earnings thousands of gems per day and could open many chests or buy my first mythicals.

From january to may, i was spamming gaia essence and could convert gems at 3-4m gold ratio and managed to discover all chest blueprints.

Now with 10m gold for 1 gem, game is quite unplayable... i hardly earn 100-200gems per day with an endgame account and don't bother to connect much during the day.

Why spend 3 minutes to earn 6 gems???... 6 cents... when mythics cost 50-100 dollars... 4k to 16k gems.

- Raid is becoming boring with no great rewards.
- Fusing level 45+ for end game takes a day...

- Enchantment that requires millions of mythics is quite a joke for 3 months of devs time....

Game is badly tuned for the top 0.01% of players buying gems by thousands of dollars and not rewarding for other players.

Alocart

Postby Alocart » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Hey all,

I both agree and disagree on this topic. I know it has been done to death a bit but as i am feeling like the others in this thread and progressively losing motivation to play, and have noticed the same trend within the community i play in, i thought i might share my thoughts as well.

While i understand that the gem lady and the gem conversion rate are major grievances for many people, I feel like this is treating the symptom rather than the underlying problem. I personally believe that the game should not have a gem conversion rate, as people should want gold as much if not more than gems. Gems will always have a place within the game, as they should for the game to make money, but the underlying problem i have with the game is that gold has almost no value past mid game (defined as having finished the majority of shop upgrades).

To maintain crafting buildings on 24/7 in a city of 21 equal contributors it is 196m gold per week. Boosting the inn for horns runs 10 times a week 112.5m per week. This represents the minimum gold a player needs to be a good city member, the problem then arises that it is also the maximum a player can spend in gold. Gold cannot buy precrafts, it cannot buy good items, it cannot buy blueprints or keys with it. Off the top of my head I cannot think of 1 thing i can buy with gold in a game called shop heroes where the aim of your shop is to sell items for gold...

Like many i was hopeful about the update, the gem expensive fusion upgrades are nice, i wont complain. Like others the enchanting system is just a further burden on the already broken fusion system and something i will likely not get the chance to use before i leave the game. There are a number of packs i want to buy and i was all set to buy one when the patch dropped till i realized how offensive the enchanting systems is to the playerbase and the direction it shows the dev's are taking the game. It is an incredible game with so much potential unfortunately i now just feel like a cow... MOOO

Alocart

peteypie99

Postby peteypie99 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:43 pm

In a top 20 city

Players barely chat any more. When the light at the end of the tunnel is just more and more grinding, everyone sees the game as a chore rather than a fun pastime.

Desperately hoping that the team speeds things up.

Great game, but there's literally nothing to look forward to.

Trisk

Postby Trisk » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:04 pm

Fully agreed on all points. The only reason I log in these days is I'm still interested in finishing my best-in-slot gear setup, but honestly that's such a long-term prospect it may never happen.

Speaking of never happening, my main concern for the continued viability of this game is that with the ever-increasing gold:gem conversion ratio, it's getting progressively harder for any new players to cross that threshold of early/mid game to mid/late game. To cross that threshold, you need to open a LOT of chests to get money makers and skilled gear. That's a fixed cost of many, many thousands of gems. I managed to get it done when gold:gem was 3m:1 or 4m:1, and only managed that because I also bought most of the packs with blueprints in them. These days, gold:gem is 10m:1, and only a few weeks ago it was 7m:1. the rate is increasing faster and faster, further locking lower level players out of enough gems to open chests. Even selling precrafts and epic/legendary/mythic gear to get gems is hurting - top tier Revive 2 mythics used to command 15-16k gem prices. Nowadays they're dropping as low as 7-8K. Flawless precrafts that used to sell for 10-14 gems are now going for 5-7 gems because end-game players can't get the gems to feed the market. nobody has gems anymore. I play smart and suspect I'm well above average for how much I've spent on the game, and I don't think I could actually get to my current level if I had started now.

Gem lady needs to come back asap, but that's just a Band-Aid that will slow the gold inflation, not stop it. There needs to be a real gold sink that actually gives some benefit to the player. I'm already keeping the worker buildings lit 24/7 in my city and just handing out gold to citymates, and still have enough to flip primal chests on a daily basis. About the only thing I can think of would be to massively bump castle and just go nuts on raid, but what's the point when we already complete raid within a day?

inVoh
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby inVoh » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:23 am

You really need to up the gem injection into the game. People are going to leave in droves with 1 gem = 10 million. It's literally impossible for new players to catch up without spending 100's. I'm still spending $$$ on packs, but that is because I believe that is the business model you should be pushing. Please consider upping the droprate of keys, adding more primal keys into the loot table.

I'm not happy with enchanting too. You spent too much time implementing a feature that no one wanted. Only the top 0.001% of players have a use for enchanting and at the very least you could have given us a way to use gold for it. Enchanting would have been a PERFECT gold sink for players, but it just proved more of the greed you guys are running with. Everything is gems, gems, gems and you aren't giving us enough of them per week.

Shiro Kobu

Postby Shiro Kobu » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:00 am

Trisk wrote:Gem lady needs to come back asap, but that's just a Band-Aid that will slow the gold inflation, not stop it. There needs to be a real gold sink that actually gives some benefit to the player.

Yes! Gem lady to slow the gold/gem inflation and a real gold sink.
What about an exponentially expensive fusion reduction (two birds with one stone)
ボンズトレモンド、 シートコンプレンマシニャトゥルピーエムムア。

Catarina
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Catarina » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:27 am

I wanted open chests for gold. I try to buy gold keys for gold. In December 2016... and I’m still waiting.

1 year I play with out 2 cells - I wait 200 keys in it...

I just wanted to open chests... but you broken this chance for 100%.

You can make “only 1-2 cells for keys”, but make “open so many chests”, that this side of game is fall dawn...

...1 year... how long I’ll wait more?

Return to “General Discussion”