Any ETA on a fix for FaceBook login?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Any ETA on a fix for FaceBook login?

Postby Shiroe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:29 am

MI-Wolf wrote:I've been somewhat playing on the PC, but I keep getting a lot of Java Out of Memory errors. So, it is difficult to play on that platform.

Yep, until Unity and Cloudcade manage to get that WebGL export better, Steam is the option for PC...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

MI-Wolf

Postby MI-Wolf » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:01 am

Shiroe wrote:
MI-Wolf wrote:I've been somewhat playing on the PC, but I keep getting a lot of Java Out of Memory errors. So, it is difficult to play on that platform.

Yep, until Unity and Cloudcade manage to get that WebGL export better, Steam is the option for PC...

Thank you. I have given it a try. There is no option in the Steam version to add my Facebook account. Maybe CC should add that option into Steam so people have another way to login.

I don’t understand their reasoning to tie the account to the device type. So, as far as I can tell now there are 4 types of accounts that you can be tied to. Facebook, Game Center, Kongregate, and Steam. Also, probably Android. And you can’t mix or match these. This seems to be a crux of a very big problem they have.

If I login to Steam, I should have access to my account. Then later, if I login to my iPad, I should have access to my account. Then if I login to my Android phone, I should have access to my account. But this is not the case, no such thing can happen. They very desperately need to address this issue.

Mandlz01
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Mandlz01 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:10 am

Contact support, and they can link all the accounts for you. I've got mine linked to Steam, FB and Google Play - it's definitely possible, plus means that when one goes down, there's always another way to log in :D

Not sure if support has gotten through their backlog of tickets yet, so may not be quick, but it's certainly doable, and will give you options for the future as well.
You make it sound as if it's going to be hard
Mandlz#78065

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:14 am

Support can indeed link all the accounts together and it is HIGHLY recommended to have alternative ways to access the game to help with issues like this.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

MI-Wolf

Postby MI-Wolf » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:11 am

Tethys wrote:Support can indeed link all the accounts together and it is HIGHLY recommended to have alternative ways to access the game to help with issues like this.

Cool thanks, I didn’t know that. I’ll send a ticket into support

Silverchris

Postby Silverchris » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:24 am

It was fixed but now again I can’t get into game via Facebook on iOS. 3 days of itvworking now to wait another week before they fix it then another 3 to 4 days for Apple to apply the update. Well done for trying to make the game so hard to play on Apple products!!!!

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:43 am

Silverchris wrote:It was fixed but now again I can’t get into game via Facebook on iOS. 3 days of itvworking now to wait another week before they fix it then another 3 to 4 days for Apple to apply the update. Well done for trying to make the game so hard to play on Apple products!!!!

We didn't purposefully make the game so hard to play on Apple devices, things just got broken when the update got pushed out. Contact support via the link in my signature so that the team can look into it and I would suggest you link your account to other means of playing the game (ie GameCenter or Steam) to help avoid issues like this in the future. You can do that by asking customer support.

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm

Shiroe wrote:

That has nothing to do with us sadly and is strictly in the hands of Unity. Team has done what they can and sadly the work arounds are pretty much what you see when you google the issue.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “General Discussion”