November Patch discussion

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
AlexPer80

Re: November Patch discussion

Postby AlexPer80 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:11 pm

When I first saw the enchanting mechanic I thought the devs were joking us. Really. I felt frustrated.

Before, when finally a player manage to obtain a mythic, he felt satisfied for achieving an objective. Now it's impossible to see an end.

I understand there is the need to keep end game players busy, but the way to do so is to add new features, not forcing them to repeat doing the same thing over and over and over.

Enchanting, as it is, should be deactived ASAP and rethought.

Suggestion: a new idea for the enchanting (it's a draft, but could be a starting point). Instead of leveling the items, combining any item with an unlocked skill (so not only mithycs) gives a chance to combine more skills into a single object (or to encrease the skill rank was possible). Also, it's fine to have a failure chance, but in case of failure the shouldn't be any item loss.

About the cauldron enhanced slot...

IT'S TERRIBLE, as it is, I turned from excited to very disappointed as soon as I tried it (and for thousand of gems I felt robbed, I got something which is more an handicap than an enhancement)

1) From the midgame forward, the cauldron is the bottleneck of the game. Players crafts more than what is possible to fuse. So an enhancement that requires less items doesn't really help

2) as it is now, an enhanced slot breaks many popular craft combinations (3G,5F and many more).

3) using an enhanced slot make the player losing control over the craft result.

Suggestion:

- an enhanced slot should have a decent speed bonus (let's say, 10%)
- the player should be able to chose IF use the duplication feature and WHICH item to duplicate in case he choose to.

Monkey King

Postby Monkey King » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Even just increasing the base 63% to 75% would go a long way to improving all of this.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:37 pm

I think the fusion upgrade is quite neat. For those who want a toggle; how about just upgrading two slots and saving yourself 16k gems? It’s a win win

Babar68

Postby Babar68 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:29 pm

Be happy it works.

For a lot of us the game is crashed since the update. It's like your mum telling you there is a cake in the kitchen and close your room but you hear your family eating.

zarusjamer

Postby zarusjamer » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:55 pm

Drakis, Tethys, will be there more detailed PATCH notes? Do not mention the crappy RELEASE notes you placed in news with brief lines of crucial changes...
I want to know what other stuff got major overhaul like Valkirie's Embrace got Amazon II instead of Wise II.

P.S. Your team screwed with Mythics enchantments system - why only +10? Anyway good job CC, keep making content only few out of hundred thousands will master and enjoy! Seriously, this is what keeps me in game - tons of almost unreachable stuff you can get in a nolife time!

Lionstar

Postby Lionstar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Enchantment system. Seriously? 5 Mythics for 54% chance for +1? I laughed out loud. This is like someone spitting me in the face after we all showed so much loyalty for the game. I’m very much considering leaving the game after sticking with it since the beginning.

Instead of gold sink, we get over and over again overprized gem options and enchantment system which caters to I would say 20 people in the whole game.

Bravo. *slow clap*

sideways

Postby sideways » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:49 pm

Lol why are you still here lionstar? Glutton for punishment?

Lionstar

Postby Lionstar » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:50 pm

I ask myself that quite often.

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 am

IKR, I've played for 2 years and I have all the chest recipes and had 50k gems sitting in the bank and even I wouldn't touch the enchantment system. Do they think mythics are raining from the sky?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:46 am

I guess enchant system could be used to buff up those below lvl 20 skilled items to both give them some more power and lower the Support needs of the team, maybe freeing up a slot for other skills.

For the upgraded fuse slots: I've got one and probably will get a second. It's useful if you don't/can't yet do 5x different item fuses. (I don't mind a freebie flawless AA gloves being added to my 2x flawless AA gloves, 1x flawless DFP and 1x fodder lvl 47 epic...) But a toggle to fully turn off the feature, re-enabling the 5th slot for that fuse, instead of the current half-toggle of turning off the freebie but leaving the slot blocked through the "Multicraft" setting would be nice.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “General Discussion”