When I first saw the enchanting mechanic I thought the devs were joking us. Really. I felt frustrated.
Before, when finally a player manage to obtain a mythic, he felt satisfied for achieving an objective. Now it's impossible to see an end.
I understand there is the need to keep end game players busy, but the way to do so is to add new features, not forcing them to repeat doing the same thing over and over and over.
Enchanting, as it is, should be deactived ASAP and rethought.
Suggestion: a new idea for the enchanting (it's a draft, but could be a starting point). Instead of leveling the items, combining any item with an unlocked skill (so not only mithycs) gives a chance to combine more skills into a single object (or to encrease the skill rank was possible). Also, it's fine to have a failure chance, but in case of failure the shouldn't be any item loss.
About the cauldron enhanced slot...
IT'S TERRIBLE, as it is, I turned from excited to very disappointed as soon as I tried it (and for thousand of gems I felt robbed, I got something which is more an handicap than an enhancement)
1) From the midgame forward, the cauldron is the bottleneck of the game. Players crafts more than what is possible to fuse. So an enhancement that requires less items doesn't really help
2) as it is now, an enhanced slot breaks many popular craft combinations (3G,5F and many more).
3) using an enhanced slot make the player losing control over the craft result.
- an enhanced slot should have a decent speed bonus (let's say, 10%)
- the player should be able to chose IF use the duplication feature and WHICH item to duplicate in case he choose to.