November Patch discussion

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
"Great" Mastery Member

November Patch discussion

Postby Tomblade » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Okay so the new patch is out, and so far it is interesting. What's been added, as the patch notes say, are premium fusion slots and enchanting for mythics.

For the premium slots, the slots start at 1000 gems, and get progressively more expensive. On discord we have come to the conclusion that the value of an item is a major factor in which item is used as a duplicate. That is great when fusing similar items, but the downside is that it does prevent 5 item fusions, at least until a toggle button is implemented(not a feature being worked on, AFAIK)

The mythic enchanting has it's own button, and it's main function is to fuse several myths together to increase the ranking of the item. The ranked item is still sellable, but I am not sure if the value also increases. Also, just like with fusing leg to myth, filling up the cauldron will only give a partial success rate. It's clearly intended to be a whale mechanic, but might make lower level myths have some extra value.

Now as for the class items. No, the pack items are not having their skill changed to mythic. In fact, the only changes are to the Ninja class, where Valkyre's Embrace is now Amazon II instead of Wise II. The Loki's Mask is now Treasure Hunter III on Legendary instead of Arch Wizard II on Epic. Finally, what is being changed to mythic are the low level items that come with the pack.

"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: November Patch discussion

Postby Feone » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Fusion slots could be somewhat useful, doesn't seem like Cloudcade thought the implementation through/finished it completely though.

Other than that some small fixes and another exponentially more costly & time consuming function for fusing.

Not quite sure what all the "getting ducks in a row" and 'There will definitely be more info on lots of exciting stuff soon!' posts were about, there isn't much to tell.

Oh, what about the grand claims that raid was rebalanced to accomodate for new features? There isn't anything in here that affects raid.

Postby Nissaya » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:39 pm

Price for slot upgrade is exponential, 1k,2k,6k,10k.
I wonder why it cant be turned off if needed.

Harvest package 2016 is nice for the remedy lvl 33 to replace evil seal or some moonwalkers.

Maple package has a nice end game potion with speed runner 2 that combines well with hallowed casquet on leaders.

The myth fusion is a whale traps that repulses me.
I would have prefered to combine 2 same items for a guaranted +1 power.
Myth are expensive and rare enought to get.

The current system is exponential so 5x5 myths for a +2 and so on. (5^10 = 10 millions myth for a +10).

Gonna wait a few days on forum to see if it is worth keeping playing and buy the 2 packages.
I was planning on duplicating my myths for +1 power but not worth the effort with a x5 factor.
Last edited by Nissaya on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:42 pm

All of this would be bearable if they restored the Fortune Teller NPC to shift some of the gem cost to the advertiser company like the patch notes said they would. I haven't seen any explanation as to why she hasn't gone live now that the patch has happened.

Postby Feone » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:44 pm

Nissaya wrote:The current system is exponential so 5x5 myths for a +2 and so on. (5^10 = 10 millions myth for a +10).

Repulsive is a pretty great description.

- Cloudcade HQ -
Hey guys one of the most common complaints we're getting is that mythics are ridiculously time consuming and difficult to get.
Oh, I know! Let's add a mechanic that can use millions of mythics, that's sure to make them happy!

Postby Jamaal » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Agree with all. Just trying to include my voice so it's clear to CC that the entire community thinks that the uber-hard-to-obtain mythics are too valuable to create a "sink" system for them, and that an upgraded fusion slot toggle is an absolute must, immediately. Here's to hoping we raise enough voices that they listen...

Postby inVoh » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Enchanting was a great concept that Cloudcade dropped the ball on. Only .001% of players will ever really enchant something as it is now. I'm disappointed but happy to have new packs again and fusion upgrade slots.

"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the suggestions and the critiques on the patch. They will all be noted and forwarded to the team.

Edit: We're in the process of reactivating the Fortune Teller, so no need for support tickets or threads on her just yet :)
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so:

Postby Imasock » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:23 pm

Make mythics craftable on low chances like legendaries. The grind is lessened, the average user could actually obtain a mythic in a reasonable timeframe, and enchanting actually becomes viable for more than .001% of players.

Postby jeroti » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:45 pm

I could swallow the mythic upgrade thing a lot easier if 5 legendary items were a 100% fuse chance into a mythic item. I have to gamble with the rng just to get a mythic and then gamble with it again using all mythic items for the enchanting. There's way to much luck involved for the system to be worth while.

Return to “General Discussion”