Being able to manually trun off upgraded fusion cauldron slots

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
xyuau

Being able to manually trun off upgraded fusion cauldron slots

Postby xyuau » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:12 am

I find this fact is a little bit inconvenient that one can not turn off the upgraded fusion cauldron slots.

I used to do the following things to save me some fusion time.
1) 1 good BoneReaver (lvl24) + 1 good NordicLute (lvl23) = 1 great item of either one in chance of roughly half-half
2) 1 great mystic ring (lvl40) + 1 great Balmug (lvl40) + 1 great MidasHand (lvl40) = 1 flawless item of those three in chance of 1/3, 1/3, 1/3.
3) five same lvl or close lvl flawless common item = 1 epic cauldron filler
and so on.

Now with upgrading the fifth slot is always automatically filled up with something. It doesn't seem that I can do these kind of simple and efficient formulas anymore. If I am able to manually turn off the fifth slot or assign an item to it, it will be super awesome and useful and truly deserve the 1000, 2000, 3000, 5000 gems that are spent on the upgrading.

inVoh
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Being able to manually trun off upgraded fusion cauldron slots

Postby inVoh » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:33 am

Enable Multicraft option, turn it off to fix #1 and #2. Doesn't allow you to manually use the 5th slot though. Hope it helps!

Irgy

Postby Irgy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:53 pm

You can also just not-upgrade one of the slots and do all your 5-different-fusions and Cf fusions etc. in that slot.

I do agree that you should be able to switch it off just on general principle, but in practice it has to be either worth leaving a slot un-upgraded for or not such a common and critical use case in the first place.

Sillvestra
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sillvestra » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Alternatively, doing a CF fusion in an upgraded pot is actually a good idea if you are fusing the same item. You get another free flawless item giving an increased chance of a successful Epic item...
Mayor of Elysìum (rank 191 Nw)
Lvl 51, 122.1G Nw, 451/559 BPs mastered.
All wood/leather/iron BPs.
17/36 Gold. 3/44 Primal.
0 Magic/Dwarven.

09-05-2017

wolverinero79

Postby wolverinero79 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:19 pm

So this means that when you have 3 slots upgraded, you're basically turning a CF into a CFFFF? Then, when you finally do the final upgrade...there's no point to doing a CF fusion because now you just put in 1 F and it's treated as a 5F fusion. Do I have this correct? If that's the case, won't the common market crash through the floor...or will people maybe just stay at 3 upgrades so they can do differing levels of C vs F (dissimilar items)?

Kim!

Postby Kim! » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:24 pm

wolverinero79 wrote:So this means that when you have 3 slots upgraded, you're basically turning a CF into a CFFFF? Then, when you finally do the final upgrade...there's no point to doing a CF fusion because now you just put in 1 F and it's treated as a 5F fusion. Do I have this correct? If that's the case, won't the common market crash through the floor...or will people maybe just stay at 3 upgrades so they can do differing levels of C vs F (dissimilar items)?

No, you can only upgrade each fuse slot once (fuse slot meaning the ones that let you do multiple fuses at one time). So in each fuse slot you can only have one inside/card slot that copies an item for you.

alanx

Postby alanx » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:43 pm

Just upgrade two slots instead of four. That’s a pretty good “toggle”. Saves you 16k gems as well. It’s an optional feature. Same goes with enchant. No one is obligated to do it. Do it if you can afford it.

Trisk

Postby Trisk » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:35 pm

I disagree, upgrading 2 out of 4 is not a "toggle" unless I only want to use 2 out of my 4 slots at any given time. This "upgraded" slot should behave just like the "upgraded" craft slots, where I can turn it off at will. otherwise I've paid 1000+ gems for something that is a net negative in many scenarios.

What I would propose to fix/improve this new feature is the following:
1. Include a toggle to turn it off and revert back to vanilla cauldron slots as desired, so old crafting recipes can still be used.
2. Instead of duplicating the highest gold value item (which frequently is NOT what I want an increased % chance of receiving), instead duplicate whatever is in the first slot of the cauldron. A, it simplifies coding because you don't have to figure out which item is highest value, and B, it gives control back to the user, allowing us to increase the % chance of getting what we want, in exchange for a slower fusion time because only 4 unique items instead of 5.

Right now, the extra slot is only a true benefit if you do not do mixed-item fusions, which is not the way end-game people use the cauldron.

Shiro Kobu

Postby Shiro Kobu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:39 am

They should not disable the 5th slot.
This way, if the player leaves it empty, it's auto-filled but if the player wants to force a 5th item in it, (s)he could.
ボンズトレモンド、 シートコンプレンマシニャトゥルピーエムムア。

xyuau

Postby xyuau » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:18 pm

Wow I have to say that this thread is a very comprehensive respone to all my questions. I spent quite a day digesting everything. You guys are great. I appreciate it. In the end of day I think the upgraded slots give us much more benefits than inconvenience.

Return to “General Discussion”