Official Community Update from Darkis

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Official Community Update from Darkis

Postby peteypie99 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:01 pm

One of two things is going on:

1. They don't care to say anything. They've been listening to our feedback for close to 2 months, but no one has felt it necessary to reach out to their customers with anything besides vague assurances. It's a cost-benefit analysis. They know they won't lose us as players so there's no need to respond in a timely manner with anything substantive.

2. CC is in chaos. People shopping their resumes elsewhere, or they can't keep talent, or they are trying to maximize profits by not hiring enough talent to push these updates any faster.

----

Regardless, I'm taking my dollars elsewhere. Have fun waiting around, y'all.

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Tethys » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:09 pm

So a few things in my opinion.
1) inVoh is mostly correct in his post, however nobody is blocking us from sharing information. As it was mentioned in the post, we're being a bit more careful on when to announce certain things. We're painfully aware of how some of our previous attempts at sharing information has had an adverse affect on the community.
2) We're still working on the fortune teller and are trying to get her back in action as fast as possible.
3) We're looking at all the feedback being given with regards to enchanting but I have no updates on what's happening with it.
4) Petey you're post is really out there. We really want to share with the community what is being worked on but with how difficult it can be to add new features to the game, we're being cautious as to not over promise and under deliver. Also the exact opposite of your second point is happening and that's all that will be said about it.
5) Rashima I'll see what can be done about that.

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:17 pm

Hi Tethys,
I’m not sure what you guys have in mind to remedy the enchanting but in my opinion a simple remedy would be to just remove the item destruction when it fails. This way people can spend over a year to get a +10 mythic but a at least there won’t be any unnecessary losses. If it fails they get all their items back to try again but lose the time they’ve spent. They’re free to fuse 2/3/4/5 at a time based on their budget and time and play their odds. Since getting a mythic itself involves losses, compounding them in enchantment is a wasted feature. It would be profitable to just let people continue enchanting mythical this also helps recycle the extra myths in the market with fewer fears.
Even this much should suffice to make this system functional since it’s an endgame feature anyway this much justifies it.

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:47 pm

alanx wrote:Hi Tethys,
..... in my opinion a simple remedy would be to just remove the item destruction when it fails. This way people can spend over a year to get a +10 mythic but a at least there won’t be any unnecessary losses. If it fails they get all their items back to try again but lose the time they’ve spent. They’re free to fuse 2/3/4/5 at a time based on their budget and time and play their odds. Since getting a mythic itself involves losses, compounding them in enchantment is a wasted feature. It would be profitable to just let people continue enchanting mythical this also helps recycle the extra myths in the market with fewer fears.
Even this much should suffice to make this system functional since it’s an endgame feature anyway this much justifies it.

Please.... this. OR at the very least make it guaranteed that it is the +0 myth that gets eaten. There is zero chance of me risking a +1 to attempt a +2 if there is even a remote chance of losing it.

Flash

Postby Flash » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:34 am

I don't care about enchanting. I will never use it because it takes years to make all that mythic items.
I care about missing cauldron filters: Item leves and Quality filtes.
It's a pain to move that ribbon left and right, one million times, every time.

Kim!

Postby Kim! » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:58 am

I’m not sure what you guys have in mind to remedy the enchanting but in my opinion a simple remedy would be to just remove the item destruction when it fails. This way people can spend over a year to get a +10 mythic but a at least there won’t be any unnecessary losses. If it fails they get all their items back to try again but lose the time they’ve spent. They’re free to fuse 2/3/4/5 at a time based on their budget and time and play their odds. Since getting a mythic itself involves losses, compounding them in enchantment is a wasted feature. It would be profitable to just let people continue enchanting mythical this also helps recycle the extra myths in the market with fewer fears.

I disagree with the idea that nothing could be lost in a 2 item fuse... in combination with the new slot upgrades, that would make it trivial to take an item straight from mythic to mythic+10 with little effort and significantly less time, since it would no longer require an exponential number of fuses. Even if you ignore the upgrade and require 2 items it seems too easy if we're guaranteed to be able to go from 16 mythics up to mythic+4 with no losses. (I'm mainly thinking about lowbie skilled gear, like moon boots, where the break chance properties are interesting and fuse times are low.)

alanx

Postby alanx » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:12 am

Kim! wrote:

I disagree with the idea that nothing could be lost in a 2 item fuse... in combination with the new slot upgrades, that would make it trivial to take an item straight from mythic to mythic+10 with little effort and significantly less time, since it would no longer require an exponential number of fuses. Even if you ignore the upgrade and require 2 items it seems too easy if we're guaranteed to be able to go from 16 mythics up to mythic+4 with no losses. (I'm mainly thinking about lowbie skilled gear, like moon boots, where the break chance properties are interesting and fuse times are low.)

2 item would mean 2 item not one item and one copy. Minimum two actual mythicals for fusion at 25% chance of success. How far can you go?
Maybe they can allow no losses until Say myth+3 or myth+5 after which there’s a chance of only losing the lower fodder. As it currently stands we hardly see any +1. This way at least the system has some meaning and we start seeing gears of +# I’m sure the early days will see inflation but if there’s enough supply then the prices will reach an equilibrium. In its current state the enchant system is useless.

They could significantly increase the time. So say you do 2 myth fusion and it’s 10 days versus 3 myth fusion and it’s 6 days versus 4 myth fusion and it’s 3 days. Something like that and of course no fusion is more than 63% success rate or they could cap it at 50% rate. We might not see high level gears but at least low level enchanted gears will start popping

peteypie99
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby peteypie99 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:21 am

Tethys,

Respectfully, I'm on my third well-established city that is crumbling due to drastically low morale. This drop in morale is due in large part to rate of development and the dearth of communication on progress. While I can understand the over-promise/under-deliver caution that is influencing CC's communication style, the result in my experience is far more adverse than when features don't work exactly as promised and need tweaking. If you were to simply tell us what was going on, with realistic timetables, then you would seriously mitigate some of the stress my city mates have been feeling. And yes, I'm sure your team is expanding... for your new Asian customers. Regardless, below are some examples of what I'm talking about.

Examples:

*Current CC*: Gem-lady is being fixed, we will let you know more soon. (2 months go by with nothing specific)

*Proposed Change*: Hi guys, gem-lady is being fixed. We are currently working with the vendor to make sure that she can't be exploited the way she used to be. The team working on this estimates it's going to be another 4-5 months before she returns the way we intended her, but if that changes we will let you know asap. Just so that there are no surprises, our scheduled changes for the new gem-lady will have the following features: 10 videos/day, 24hr in game cooldown.
Any account that goes over 20 videos/day will be flagged for review.

---------------------

*Current CC*: Cold Wars - coming soon!

*Proposed Change*: Hey guys, a new city-vs-city feature named Cold Wars is very close to making it into the next major update. While the following features are all subject to change, we wanted to give you all something to look forward to and theorycraft while our team works out all the kinks. Again, all of this is subject to change, but here is a small taste of Cold Wars: ------

---------------------

Essentially, you guys are taking the cautious route to the extreme such that many of my city mates feel the game is dying because you're barely saying anything substantial. If you want to give date ranges that are subject to change, at least it gives people something to look forward to and a reason to continue toiling. My response was out there because I'm trying to rationalize CC's strategy that is causing them to lose longtime players left and right and that's what i could come up with.

Tkshowers
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Tkshowers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 am

+1
A very constructive post. A whole roadmap will be too much, but even a list of A. What is being worked on, and B. Current development level...researching, development, testing, waiting on next update.

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:09 pm

Kim! wrote:

I think the main concern that people have is the risk of losing the +1 or whatever level of enchanted myth in any subsequent attempts. I would be happy even if we just saw the already enchanted myth protected from RNGesus' wrath and popping out of existence

Return to “General Discussion”