Dredstopia was stolen

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Kuscka
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Dredstopia was stolen

Postby Kuscka » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:59 am

Leggitte2 wrote:You have private messaging on this forum. Contact one of your friends still in the city or organize a big group who are willing to vote for you and try to get one of them invited in Dredstopia. Once back in as Mayor, don't let the city go below 20/25 to avoid a similar situation in the future.

I do feel a precedent has been set though. :(

Kind regards,

Leg

By the time i logged in to the city, the new team kicked all the active members. Only 2 remaining on this stage, Sharyani away on work and no internet currently, and Jamielee has real life obligations. Thing is I had a Chinese person in the city, and as per the history before I got kicked he/she invited the next person and the, you could see 9 people coming in. Then they started to kick people. So on this stage i dont have a plan but Im working on something.
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." --Mohandas K. Gandhi
"What ever you put in is not what you'll get out, it will remain a suprise!! Just keep doing it." --Shop Heros Cauldron by Kuscka

Kuscka
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kuscka » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:01 am

+1 for Phoenix's suggestion :!:
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." --Mohandas K. Gandhi
"What ever you put in is not what you'll get out, it will remain a suprise!! Just keep doing it." --Shop Heros Cauldron by Kuscka

Kuscka
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kuscka » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:09 am

Kuscka wrote:
Leggitte2 wrote:You have private messaging on this forum. Contact one of your friends still in the city or organize a big group who are willing to vote for you and try to get one of them invited in Dredstopia. Once back in as Mayor, don't let the city go below 20/25 to avoid a similar situation in the future.

I do feel a precedent has been set though. :(

Kind regards,

Leg

By the time i logged in to the city, the new team kicked all the active members. Only 2 remaining on this stage, Sharyani away on work and no internet currently, and Jamielee has real life obligations. Thing is I had a Chinese person in the city, and as per the history before I got kicked he/she invited the next person and the, you could see 9 people coming in. Then they started to kick people. So on this stage i dont have a plan but Im working on something.

Edit: We went low on members due to the fact real life happened. I love to see people grow and the fact that 7 off us(high levels) couldnt contribute and the lower players must carry the city didnt seem fair to me... Thus i got the active members a city, And us not so active stayed behind. My situation in real life changed and I could start to be more active again.

Kuscka
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kuscka » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 am

Update on plan:
Sadly to announce the city is private now and no one can join. They're 15 members now. So theres nothing more we can do. I just want to say thank you for all the private messages from people willing to leave their cities temporarily, to help us to get Dredstopia back. This community absolutely suprised me today with their support. Thank you guys.

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:32 am

Purposely invading, taking over and kicking the people who built it from a city feels like something that should be against the TOS. (Or preferably impossible with the game's mechanics.)

@Darkis, could you comment on this?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 am

Feone wrote:Purposely invading, taking over and kicking the people who built it from a city feels like something that should be against the TOS. (Or preferably impossible with the game's mechanics.)

I'm looking into it and what options I have. I don't agree that it should have been possible to do this and is a clear cut failure of the system. Going by the look's of everything this wasn't done in accordance of fair play and a few other things that can be interpreted in our ToS.

Worst case my hands are tied, best case I'll boot them all and give back the city to the owner. :o
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Kuscka
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kuscka » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:25 am

cc_Darkis wrote:
Feone wrote:Purposely invading, taking over and kicking the people who built it from a city feels like something that should be against the TOS. (Or preferably impossible with the game's mechanics.)

I'm looking into it and what options I have. I don't agree that it should have been possible to do this and is a clear cut failure of the system. Going by the look's of everything this wasn't done in accordance of fair play and a few other things that can be interpreted in our ToS.

Worst case my hands are tied, best case I'll boot them all and give back the city to the owner. :o

@Darkis, Thank you for your willingness to look into this.

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:21 am

Phoenix25385 wrote:I would propose the following:
1) That cloudgate implement a process in which the city is OWNED outright by the original creator/founder of the city.
2) that the OWNER selects and appoints the mayor.
3) that the MAYOR is responsible for inviting and kicking.
4) that the OWNER can transfer OWNERSHIP to another player.
5) that the OWNER may only OWN one city at a time.

I actually disagree with this... the current situation sucks, but in other cases being able to take mayorship is important. A city belongs to all its members, not just the creator. Everyone helps invest, grow, recruit, earn fame/jewels, etc. and in the case of an inactive or inadequate mayor they shouldn't be stuck with them leading the city... even big cities have run into cases where the mayor suddenly disappears and the group risks crumbling if they don't grab the crown. (And in cases where the mayor is fully inactive it's recommended to kick them, even if they were founder, so new votes don't default to them.)

Of course, preventing a city from inviting a bunch of players at once (ie, merger), only letting the mayor invite, or not letting new members place their vote right away would also get in the way of normal, non-hostile city things so I'm not sure there's any easy solutions around. :\

Shiroe wrote:(talking about high fame cities, did Phoenix Down get 100% disbanded to prevent such a situation? I can't find it on the fame ranking at all anymore)

Last I saw there were 3 remaining, and one was Bloop's account so I assume the city still exists. They poofed off the leaderboard after 2 weeks inactive, and the city is private so a takeover would be unlikely without help. We had been watching to see how long they hung on the rankings. ^^;

Dessy

Postby Dessy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:37 am

I’m very sorry to hear your city was stolen. Active players getting kicked out of a city they called home for such a long time, because a new group decided to suddenly take over is horrible =( I hope you all manage to take your city back!

As for Phoenix’s suggestions… The main reason of being able to vote for another mayor is to get a replacement if the current one suddenly goes inactive.
With your suggestions, that issue stays unresolved, if the owner suddenly quits the game, the city is left without the option of appointing a new mayor themselves.
(I think it would be nice if voting wasn’t triggered until the mayor left or has been inactive xx-days)

I’ve been a mayor myself now for 6months+, I was a bit worried about being voted out when we started and only had a small group of players. But as the city grew and developed, my position of mayor also became secure.
In my opinion, the defense against a hostile city take-over is a good mayor that keeps an eye on the votes and possibilities over a take-over occurring. (I always have 20+ votes, and I’ll make sure it stays that way). Just a few tips for other mayor’s:
-Always make sure you have the full support of your neighbours, if they aren’t voting for you, find out why they think someone else would make a better mayor, or what you can improve on to win their vote.
-It’s usually easy to identify who hasn’t voted for you. Most players that change their vote will vote on themselves. (Some might have accidently hit the vote button instead of visit when looking at a neighbours shop)
-Keep an eye on your current votes: Don’t remove inactive players that voted for you if it puts your whole city at risk of being taken over. An inactive voter is a safe vote!

I really hope Darkis can find a way to move you all back into your old city and remove those squatters that tossed you out! It would be great news for all of us that we no longer have to be worried about city take-overs.
Would save me the occasional: “Welcome to our city, I see you’re going to be running for mayor right away… ” speeches =P

Kuscka
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kuscka » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:01 pm

In my opinion, the defense against a hostile city take-over is a good mayor that keeps an eye on the votes and possibilities over a take-over occurring. (I always have 20+ votes, and I’ll make sure it stays that way).

In our case, the one came in and invited the rest within minutes(we went through the history tab, sadly it didnt report everything on the history due to time constrains). When I got on most of the actives were gone and off course I lost the crown already. I agree with the rest of your points to mayors.

Return to “General Discussion”