Dredstopia was stolen

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Kuscka
"Good" Mastery Member

Dredstopia was stolen

Postby Kuscka » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:48 am

I just want to say to the guy who came in this morning with a group and kicked me from Dredstopia:
1. Dredstopia wont be the same without me
2. Karma will get to you the same way you got me.(Be careful it might, just might happen in real life to you) Because this came was my everything, it saved my life. I was at the brink commiting suicide in real life when this came got introduced to me. Ive spend a lot real money(South African zar to the dollar) in this game.. I had my ups and i had my downs.

But like you new mayor of Dredstopia told me this morning, you just helping make Dredstopia a better city.
Dredstopia will never be the same!!! She will be one year old in 11 days.

This thing happening took me back one year now, I lost everything I had last year, I mean everything.. I started over, hand in hand with this game.. Every accomplishment in the game opened a door in the real world(i know its only a game but for me it mentaly helped set foot out in the real world again).. I got to face people again, I got to build convidence again.

By taking my city, you took my life!!!
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." --Mohandas K. Gandhi
"What ever you put in is not what you'll get out, it will remain a suprise!! Just keep doing it." --Shop Heros Cauldron by Kuscka

River
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Dredstopia was stolen

Postby River » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:25 am

Hi.
Your ex-city, Dredstopia, is "open" (must be lv.25+ to join; actual member: 12/25).
If you want, you can join the city again and tell the actual mayor to leave you inside... with moderation to avoid ban or expulsion.

paljar

Postby paljar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:30 am

I was wondering how long it would take for a group of organised new players to take over a low populated high fame city.

I wonder even more how Cloudcade feels about that happening.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:56 am

paljar wrote:I was wondering how long it would take for a group of organised new players to take over a low populated high fame city.

I wonder even more how Cloudcade feels about that happening.

Yep, free tens of thousands of crown jewels and their upgrades for such roving bands of people. :(
Setting the city private wouldn't help either, since once you invite 1 trojan horse, that one can just invite the whole takeover squad.

Hopefully you'll find another nice city to call "home", Kuscka, since I doubt we would be able to get enough accounts together to do a coordinated, split-second takeback of Dredstopia. :(
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Kuscka
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Kuscka » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:49 am

River wrote:Hi.
Your ex-city, Dredstopia, is "open" (must be lv.25+ to join; actual member: 12/25).
If you want, you can join the city again and tell the actual mayor to leave you inside... with moderation to avoid ban or expulsion.

I'm thinking on a way to take the city back.
"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." --Mohandas K. Gandhi
"What ever you put in is not what you'll get out, it will remain a suprise!! Just keep doing it." --Shop Heros Cauldron by Kuscka

Leggitte2

Postby Leggitte2 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 am

You have private messaging on this forum. Contact one of your friends still in the city or organize a big group who are willing to vote for you and try to get one of them invited in Dredstopia. Once back in as Mayor, don't let the city go below 20/25 to avoid a similar situation in the future.

I do feel a precedent has been set though. :(

Kind regards,

Leg

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:55 am

Leggitte2 wrote:You have private messaging on this forum. Contact one of your friends still in the city or organize a big group who are willing to vote for you and try to get one of them invited in Dredstopia. Once back in as Mayor, don't let the city go below 20/25 to avoid a similar situation in the future.

Right now the city is public.
The problem would be coordinating to prevent an invite/join and kick war. You'd either need something like discord to coordinate it in a blitz of a few minutes or try to plan it middle of the night chinese time and hope they're indeed asleep then. (as it's 12/25 right now, 13 account squad would be ideal)
Not sure when Kuscka rejoins, if the votes of those inactive will return to Kuscka or stay at "no vote" or "vote for themselves". (was some discussion not too long ago about a previous mayor or a city's creator rejoining a city, but I don't think we had a clear answer)

Leggitte2 wrote:I do feel a precedent has been set though. :(

Well, tens of thousands of crown jewels are hard enough work to get that some might think that city hopping high-ish fame cities to find one to hostile-takeover might be worth it to skip part of that. :(

(talking about high fame cities, did Phoenix Down get 100% disbanded to prevent such a situation? I can't find it on the fame ranking at all anymore)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Phoenix25385

Postby Phoenix25385 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:15 am

There is no mechanism to prevent a city being stolen from the original owner/creator or the incumbent mayor. This is something cloudgate should have dealt with as the city is the mechanism they created for people to raid together and create a sense of community. Without the city creator having a mechanism to protect the city they are at risk of losing everything they have worked for but the simple accident of being a decent human being and inviting someone into the city in order to help them get better at the game.

From my perspective the following needs to be accepted:
1) Cloudgate has no current mechanism to prevent cities being stolen.
2) none of the forum guides, FAQs or game descriptions advocate stealing of a city as accepted, condoned or promoted form gameplay.
3) the allowing of city theft would erode the sense of community created by cities and encourage people to avoid building cities as they have no way of ensuring their years of real time fighting and massive expenditure for equipment in arena to upgrade buildings is lost.

I would propose the following:
1) That cloudgate implement a process in which the city is OWNED outright by the original creator/founder of the city.
2) that the OWNER selects and appoints the mayor.
3) that the MAYOR is responsible for inviting and kicking.
4) that the OWNER can transfer OWNERSHIP to another player.
5) that the OWNER may only OWN one city at a time.

clearly a precedent has been set here as it is introducing a game style that no current game mechanic allows one to defend against (short of being a recluse and not interacting or inviting anyone into the city). Cloudgate should consider reversing the actions of the thieves and restoring ownership to the OP who had spent significant time and money building this city and using it as a base to help other players.

DeeDee
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby DeeDee » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:46 am

AGREED!! Well said Phoenix

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 am

+1 for Phoenix's request!

I would like to see CC implement this ASAP and while they're at it can they PLEASE add the deputy mayor feature as well?!?!?!?!?!

Return to “General Discussion”