Resource trading nerfed?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
auriga

Resource trading nerfed?

Postby auriga » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:44 am

I'm relative noob (~25 level). Sorry for asking noob questions.

So, I noticed that selling quest resources is not as profitable as it used to be. You either wait for a good price for a long time, or sell these cheap to other players.
Maybe it's a good thing, as exorbitant prices for things like Wyvern wings made producing some items wildly unprofitable.

Still I recall good old times, when it was so easy to throw millions into investments without much second thought.

So:
1. Did something really changed in the game? For example the amount of resource requests made automatically by the fixed prices?
2. What are the best ways to earn gold in the midgame? (20-30 levels)

Now I'm doing serial manufacturing to sell some things at the Tradehouse, yet it is not as lucrative as resource trading used to be.

aks47u
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Resource trading nerfed?

Postby aks47u » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:29 am

auriga wrote: 1. Did something really changed in the game? For example the amount of resource requests made automatically by the fixed prices?

Nope

auriga wrote: 2. What are the best ways to earn gold in the midgame? (20-30 levels)

Precrafts for higher level items. Take a look at http://bit.ly/shopheroes Precraft ID tab to see what needs what and craft and sell those precrafts, usually for max gold or for gems.

Kim!

Postby Kim! » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:52 am

Resource prices should go up a bit soon, they tend to get a little more popular on weekends while higher levels are busy raiding.

Still I recall good old times, when it was so easy to throw millions into investments without much second thought.

This could just be a side effect from leveling up. Early on the gold from quest mats is amazing (and it still is), but as you level up you start needing a more gold so it feels like less in comparison. At some point you'll probably even transition into "wow, these mats are so cheap, I can buy hundreds!", even though the prices haven't changed. ;)

2. What are the best ways to earn gold in the midgame? (20-30 levels)

I never liked doing precrafts for gold at low levels, so if you want something you can sell to heroes I'd recommend working towards...

1. Music line! There's a couple popular precrafts in music if you happen to proc some (great harp, great nordic lute, great hellhound, etc), and level 39 twilight flute is good-ish for selling to heroes (3m base price, maybe 40 min craft time, good precraft). Getting to twilight flute is relatively easy, the only tricky item along the way is draconic sound (precraft is great silvered flute).

2. Heavy boots. Level 45 azure boots (8.3m base price, 90ish minute craft time, no precraft) is another popular one to sell to heroes, but I don't think anything else on that line is particularly popular and you'll need to get past 2 flawless precrafts to unlock the boots.

3. Precrafts are a good option later on when you've got higher level workers and more mastery but might be tricky at lower levels. Personally I only liked doing them when I wanted gems but some players like it for gold too. But if you're relying on fusion it'll be a big bottleneck to how much you earn in a day.

4. Always be fusing! Even if precrafts aren't your main source of income, if you don't need your cauldron now you can throw in something to sell. For example, if you put 1 good bone reaver with 1 good nordic lute, the result will be a great of one or the other (the goods cost maybe 100-200k each, a great of either fetches about 1m gold or 1-2 gems). There's tons of other items this works with too, the precraft list aks47u mentioned is a good place to look for other options.

5. When you feel ready, try to work away from the common line blueprints. Boots/flutes/precrafts are nice as a stepping stone but you can find some much more profitable BPs out there. Dragonfire potion from raid comes back in late October, Ocarina/Balmung from packs, KoS from dwarvish chests, goddess tear from magic, couple icky primals, and a few others are big game changers (but much harder to unlock than the common BPs).

Anyway, my usual advice is to try it and see. There's lots of viable options out there, and different players prefer different things. If you start with one strategy and decide you don't like it it's easy to change to something else later :)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:26 am

Maybe there was a bit of a spike in artifact prices because of the launch in China?

Kim! wrote:1. Music line! There's a couple popular precrafts in music if you happen to proc some (great harp, great nordic lute, great hellhound, etc), and level 39 twilight flute is good-ish for selling to heroes (3m base price, maybe 40 min craft time, good precraft). Getting to twilight flute is relatively easy, the only tricky item along the way is draconic sound (precraft is great silvered flute).

Some also like the Invincibility Potion (lvl 33) and the fact that it's precraft, Great Bonereaver (axe, lvl 24) is close to Nordic Lute (lvl 22), so those two fuse together nicely for a win-win fuse.
(fusing together 2 different close level items is about twice as fast as 2x same item+quality)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Lionstar

Postby Lionstar » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:24 am

And don't forget about the +50% artifacts event. It should settle down by the end of next week again.

auriga

Postby auriga » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:42 am

First, thanks for the answers!
I'm noob, so manufacturing these 30+ level things is out of my reach yet, but I got the idea already.
I figured that some items are very profitable for selling, my best option was knight rides (and even as common it is a precraft for something), it easily sells for 10x price and doesn't require any t2 quest resources.
Second, I'm quite sure that prices did go down indeed. Said wyvern wings used to sell for ~180 and now they plunged to 100 or so. They just go up and down, I try to catch the lucky moment to dump the resources and get a few millions, that are much needed for investing.
I'll try to use cauldron more to make items that are required at higher quality (good/great/flawless). Still I have two cauldron sections and they are both busy always, usually fusing towards these moon boots and colored powder (I want them red).

Joebeajetski

Postby Joebeajetski » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:04 pm

@cc When will be able to buy/sell resources in bulk?

aks47u

Postby aks47u » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:14 pm

Joebeajetski wrote:@cc When will be able to buy/sell resources in bulk?

You are able to. You complaining about market supply and demand, and pricing? Or is there actually a problem?

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:08 am

aks47u wrote:
Joebeajetski wrote:@cc When will be able to buy/sell resources in bulk?

You are able to. You complaining about market supply and demand, and pricing? Or is there actually a problem?

Probably complaining about the non-trivial buying from offers/selling to requests in bulk without needing to use a trade slot.
(price can/will change down the queue)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

aks47u

Postby aks47u » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:28 am

Shiroe wrote:Probably complaining about the non-trivial buying from offers/selling to requests in bulk without needing to use a trade slot.
(price can/will change down the queue)

Ah yes, the requested feature. Well good luck waiting on that.

Return to “General Discussion”