September update?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: September update?

Postby Shiroe » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:55 am

alanx wrote:
Lionstar wrote:
Joebeajetski wrote:Darkis mentioned getting ducks in a row on Monday and still no word on Friday...must be a lot of ducks...

It is to be expected. It takes time to gather, consolidate, sort and organize info from all the 150 employees actively working on this expansion. (+/- 149)

Even if this were the case, clearly they wouldn't all be working directly under one person. Each group would have a lead/manager whose job is to consolidate, sort and organize that info in parallel to the actual work being done.

I think that "(+/- 149)" made clear that was tongue in cheek...
Linkedin lists them in the 11-50 employee range and I think long ago on some business presentation slide sheets they listed themselves as 25 employees total; no idea if/how that changed since then, but I doubt they have enough devs to need more than 1 or 2 such managers. ;)

edit: but based on recent practice, I guess it will be at least another raid before the ducks are in a row for update and patch notes release. (I just kind of expect Google Play to inform me of a new SH update before I see patch notes now)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:57 am

Evidence suggests no one is working on the game.

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:34 am

alanx wrote:
Lionstar wrote:
Joebeajetski wrote:Darkis mentioned getting ducks in a row on Monday and still no word on Friday...must be a lot of ducks...

It is to be expected. It takes time to gather, consolidate, sort and organize info from all the 150 employees actively working on this expansion. (+/- 149)

Even if this were the case, clearly they wouldn't all be working directly under one person. Each group would have a lead/manager whose job is to consolidate, sort and organize that info in parallel to the actual work being done. Similarly these group leads/managers would report to other people in the top hierarchy. Consolidating all this information shouldn't take more than one or two days...Such information is usually gathered before starting a project, during milestones of a project and much ahead of project deadlines. If slip-ups happen, features will be removed or deadlines will be pushed forward and CC can simply give us a timeline to solve this lack of information...

As Shiroe correctly guessed it was not meant as a serious defense of CC. Rather a bitter remark. Sorry to confuse you my friend.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Still getting those Ducks in a row folks. Some of the guy's I need to talk with/communicate directly have been out on their summer vacation and others on business trips.

Still having folks work on things and again (I've mentioned this in the past) some changes have been being made internally which delays things large and small sadly.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Any ETA on ducks or just the usual "soon"?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:06 pm

Kim! wrote:Image

Any ETA on ducks or just the usual "soon"?

My set ETA would be this Friday evening 8-)
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Each week a member of my city quits because of "lack of updates" (thankfully they tell us why before going, instead of just disappearing). Talking about people who have played more than 6 months (some who spend money on those packages frequently). Some say they might be back after an enticing update, others say they've given up entirely.

I can't blame them, not much you can do now. Economy has gone so downhill, with lack of gem stimulation (or maybe its lack of chest supply.. whatever, not here to discuss it). Primal/mystic chest prices so absurd, they cant unlock anything new through casual game play, and spend about 2-4 weeks per bp.
I wait patiently, and just master all the things I have unlocked, while mythicalizing my quest gear. Luckily I unlocked a lot of things, otherwise I would've been bored and quit too sadly.

Certainly hopeful on the next update, since we have been promised over a year. Just sad to see a person disappear every week for reasons that could've been avoided.

Lionstar

Postby Lionstar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:34 pm

I'm holding my breath till Friday!

Joebeajetski

Postby Joebeajetski » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:04 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:Still getting those Ducks in a row folks. Some of the guy's I need to talk with/communicate directly have been out on their summer vacation and others on business trips.

Still having folks work on things and again (I've mentioned this in the past) some changes have been being made internally which delays things large and small sadly.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to it

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Did some1 say update?!

Return to “General Discussion”