Packages availble to purchase

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Kashra

Packages availble to purchase

Postby Kashra » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:21 pm

I've done some digging around and watched this board for a long time. I know there use to be a thread on which packages to buy and in which order but I can no longer find it and it would be out of date now anyway.

The way I see it is that there are four types of packages:
Heroic (Charles and Lorelei)
Worker (Giant and Jack)
Class packs (Warrior, Mage and Ninja)
LE packs (too many to list)

Now I have been playing for sometime and want to throw some money into the game to support it. Which order do people recommend when it comes to buying the packs, no need to stick to the types I listed above I just want to know where I should put my money for the best outcome. I'm guessing the best ones are the Heroic and Worker Packs.

ellymentalnz

Re: Packages availble to purchase

Postby ellymentalnz » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:11 pm

Best pack choice imho is down to personal preference and the way you want to play. Personally my fav 3 are:-

1. Heroic Pack 2. there is a Lev 40 Mystic Ring BP which has Healer 2 at Legendary in the pack. also which has a good base gold value for lev 40 if you want to make a few coins, pack also has a Magic Find skilled Mythic Vest at mythical in the pack. The additional Hero Prof Charles has Magic Find and Detect Secrets so that pack is great for increasing your no of items item return from raids/quests. He also has a unique ability 'Absorb Magic' that I have found really useful in the Arena.

2. Giant Pack (Crafting). Additional worker with 4 skills means more mastery applied to more items, which is no bad thing. Useful anvil too that Increases your crafting speed by 5%. THe Balmung BP that comes with the pack is also a good earner and has Support 2 at Legendary rather than Mythical.

3. Wizard Pack. Mainly bought for the level 47 Wisdom Ocarina which is traded for huge amounts of gold, its a great way to earn cash but if that is your only reason to buy the pack there are other options to make cash with more useful BPs that have better skills etc

everyone has their faves, for various reasons. The jack pack was great when I started, the rack of all trades was really useful - only had to upgrade one rack to get the benefits of every rack, and his multi skills were great but i dont use him at the moment as he has no mastery, at my point in the game any style i am trying to maximise returns from high level quests as they take forever and injuries suck. When I have finished building my teams better my thoughts may change. Anyways, whichever you go with, enjoy !

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:44 pm

(Quick disclaimer: I don't buy packs.)

Different packs have different strengths, so "best" depends on what you're hoping to get out of it. :) A lot of premium pack patch notes are MIA so here's a quick rundown of everything...

Giant:
In my opinion, best pack in the game. Awesome worker, great blueprints, only downside is the price.

• Best worker in the game, Giant has 4 skills + mastery and gets 12 points per level
• 5% Faster craft times from the anvil decoration
• Giant's Hammer bp is a popular item for XP and has lots of trade demand
• Balmung (the sword) has an amazing skill for team building (support 2/legendary) and it can double as a moneymaker, profits are similar to ocarinas

Heroic 1:
Extra hero is okay, quest reduction is handy, and blueprint is helpful for gearing.

• Lorelei - her gearing options aren't great but still an extra body for questing.
• Green dragon is a 5% quest time reduction (yay!)
• Midas gloves are great for team building, the skill is support 2/leg (same as giant) but it's in a better slot than balmung. However, the base price is too low to be a good moneymaker.

Heroic 2:
Awesome hero, okay blueprints.

• Charles has nice gearing options, and magic find/detect secrets loot skills built in.
• Dog gives a 5% quest reduction.
• The ring is healer 2/leg, helpful if you're building healer teams.
• Vest has magic find which is a very nice skill - but only if you can get it up to mythic.

Jack:
Jack is aimed more at early-mid game players, but gets a little less useful later on.

• Jack has every worker skill but no mastery, he gets 15 points per level. Mastery is very important later on so some deem him useless end-game, others prefer him over a t2 as an 8th worker because he has so many points (boosts craft speeds).
• Rack of all trades is like a rack for any type of item, so you'll recover extra energy on every sale. I believe it gives 50 hearts per sale at max level. (Regular racks give 100 energy per sale of specific item type, the final shop upgrade has room for one of each rack plus a couple extra)
• Blueprints: I'm not entirely sure which blueprints are in there but I don't recall them being too interesting.

Wizard:
Wizard is popular because it's cheap with a fairly easy moneymaker. Ocarina takes a little work to unlock, but for many players it was their first big money blueprint. I'm not sure how it compares to DFP (a raid blueprint, coming back next week!) right now. Apart from the money aspect there's nothing too exciting.

Warrior:
The gloves are resourceful 2/epic, if you're low on support that's a nice skill/slot. Unfortunately the gloves are a little painful to master, taking 8 flawless precrafts each.

Ninja:
Has a nice cape for your shopkeeper?

- - - - - - -

Seasonal packs:
The usefulness of these varies like crazy, some are very very good and some are nearly useless. It's best to ask around each month to see how others feel about it if you're on the fence. Some things to consider:
• Does it contain a moneymaker?
• How hard is the precraft? Does it use raid exclusive mats?
• The final skill is usually very very shiny, but if it's at mythic you're in for a whole lot of work.
• How are the decorations and shopkeeper outfit? Maybe snazzy new clothes are worth the $15. ;)
• Boosts on seasonal decorations are 1%, they add up over time but by itself it might feel disappointing.

Looking at the current seasonal ones:
• Champ medal isn't too hard to craft and I believe it works as a moneymaker, the skill is nice (healer 2) but requires mythic.
• The two new packs are mainly interesting for the final BP - unfortunately they require flawless precrafts, exclusive mats, and level 50+ mythics, so it would be very hard for the average player to use.

- - - - - - -

A note on gearing/skills:
You must have a blueprint unlocked and mastered to use its skill. Some skills are very useful, cloudcade picked up on that and put some nice skills in packs.

• Support is a skill that prevents item breaks. f2p options are very limited, so having blueprints with support 2 (saves 2 items that would have broken otherwise each run) is a huge help. :)

• Healer makes rest time after quests shorter for the entire team. It reduces rest for successful heroes and dead ones, and you can stack up to 90% per team. Healer 1 (10%) items are abundant for f2p but Healer 2 (25%) is pretty hard to find/use.

• Revive is an interesting but hard to use skill. With enough revive items you can build a 100% revive team - that means heroes cannot die no matter what. This has a ton of very nice properties and also makes healer obsolete for that team. That said, unless you're end end game you'll probably still have a couple teams using healer instead of revive.

• Magic find isn't a necessity for team building but it's the best loot skill in the game. Currently the only f2p option is dragonfire potion, and there are several pack options. Pack ones tend to be in nice gear slots, but any magic find skill will require a high level mythic to use - if you're not used to high level mythics yet it could take 1-2 months to fuse your first one. Mythics get a little easier later but for mid level players it's a daunting task.

If all that is gibberish, this thread is a much gentler intro to skills and teams and why we care: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6237

- - - - - - -

Sorry, wall of text, hopefully some of that is helpful. If price isn't an issue I'd consider giant best overall, and heroics after that. Jack, wiz, warrior, and ninja have never really appealed me, and seasonal packs are hit or miss. But take a look at what's in them and decide for yourself what sounds most useful for your game. :)

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:51 pm

Great post Kim. Thanks for that!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Kashra

Postby Kashra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Thanks both for your detailed replies.

I was leaning towards the two Heroics and the Giant so I would not have gone to far wrong. I could get detailed info on what was in the second heroic pack but not as much on the others so thanks for that.

Kashra

Postby Kashra » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Well I read over the threads- the opening post that laid out the heroes, teams and equipment was great, I wish there was a similar one around since the two new heroes came out.

Kim, you did mention that the heroic pack 1 gives the same upgrade as the giant pack but in a better slot and that pack 2 gives magic find. Would both the heroic packs be a better option that the giant pack (even though it is more expensive that way) as you get more BPs? Or does the benefit of the giant outweigh having two more heroes, double quest reduction and more BPs? I did notice that the spear was used a lot in the lists on the first page but I'm not sure if this is still needed as much with the gloves as I could not see an updated one.

My next step with the equipment lists that were in that post is to find out which of the other items are in game items and which are purchased outside of the big three packs.

Kelana
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kelana » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:06 pm

If you can only buy 1 package ever, I'd get Heroic #1 with Lorelai. Getting access to Support 2 is a game-changer, it means your game doesn't end after heroes start leveling past 42 (where certain recipe lines end and you can no longer make gear for them - relying 100% on other players to craft and sell you the correct items for the correct slot in the correct quality for a reasonable price at the correct time you want them is a completely miserable way to go through the game.) While you can access enough points of support with 2 early iron chest recipes, it still takes RNGesus (I don't have both of them yet), and it will severely limit the power and useful abilities you can use if you have to fill 40 pieces of gear instead of 20, but it is better than effectively getting a gameover.

Getting access to a T6 hero is interactive gameplay (they don't sit in the background and buff your stats, it's actual content), it's a longterm goal of leveling them, it's a PVP tool, and it is not just another back-up hero when one is injured, but changes the dynamic of the heroes not in your main groups as well. It's a well-rounded amount of use for 1 pack.

If you can buy 2 packages, I'd get Giant and Heroic #2 Charles. You need Support 2, Giant has that AND a money-maker. Charles is a much better hero than Lorelai both in questing and in PVP, and you also get enough Healer % from the rings in the pack to bring you to a high-level of dungeon running, the only other large sources of Healer you are likely to get are the RNGesus fest in gold chest recipes.

If you are going to buy 3+ packages, it starts to get more complicated but by that time you will probably have a stronger idea of what you want. There are 29 seasonal packs so far, and while I'd love to evaluate them all for you, they REALLY depend on what chest BPs you have gotten. Pack recipes are usually slightly worse than good chest recipes (harder precraft, skill needs Mythical instead of Legendary, etc.) Even if the skills and the gold values on items in a pack are not useful to you, they can still be high level power items for that slot, but which slots need to be filled with pure power changes depending on what your team set-up is. It just keeps going, so enjoy!

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:00 am

Kashra wrote:Would both the heroic packs be a better option that the giant pack (even though it is more expensive that way) as you get more BPs? Or does the benefit of the giant outweigh having two more heroes, double quest reduction and more BPs?

So, I'm a little hesitant to comment on giant vs heroic 1 + 2 because the answer really could vary from player to player. As I said, I don't buy packs so I've never made that decision, my only pack is giant and that was a gift from a friend. My initial reaction would be that giant is better all around or for crafting and heroics are better if you're really into questing and gearing, but hopefully others can chime in on that.

I'm also a little fixated on gearing lately so I'm biased towards what works well for team building, if that's not your cup of tea then you might base your decisions on something else. (The rest of this post is mostly me babbling about gearing, btw. Feel free to ignore me if this is too involved right now, the packs are still nice even if your not ready to jump into skills/teams yet... this might be more of a "someday in the future" than current goals. :) )

Well I read over the threads- the opening post that laid out the heroes, teams and equipment was great, I wish there was a similar one around since the two new heroes came out.

For team building in general it gets a lot less cookie cutter as you get into more complicated gearing and higher level blueprints and extra heroes/packs. Early blueprints (wood, leather, iron, maybe gold) are fairly accessible and it makes sense to post an intro explaining how to use those items. For magic and above you're at the mercy of the RNG to get specific blueprints. Anyway, abqu's guide is awesome for learning how to approach skilled gear, even if you don't follow that set up.

After Spice Girls (the team from abqu's guide) I like to use this build (f2p, 4 efficient teams, uses wood through iron bps only) as an example. When you look at that iron and below build, the boy teams are lacking a bit of support - as I said before the f2p options are pretty limited on that front. However, either midas gloves or balmung would make that easy to fix.

If you get giant: Add balmungs to Clovis, Theor, Gauvin, and/or Darthos and maybe switch one of the balmung boys to the other team, so that each group has 7+ supports.

If you get heroic 1: All the glove slots are free in this build so you can add midas to your heart's content.

From there the iron and below build is a nice, simple layout and pretty easy to throw on new gear or tweak as you get new blueprints. :) If you have Lorelei or Charles you just need to slap some energetics on and switch them with another hero, or maybe put together a little 3 hero team.

I won't go into end game builds since that gets pretty messy, but at some point you'll probably want to completely restructure and build your own groups. For example, this is my next plan (old picture so has some mistakes) but you can see how tight gearing can get (120ish pieces of gear) and how all the teams have been scrambled. But it would be silly for me that give that build to another player and tell them that they should find X, Y, Z from magic chests to make it work.

heroic pack 1 gives the same upgrade as the giant pack but in a better slot

I had something long typed up but I don't want to overload you with information... the short answer is that some item types have a lot of skill options and some are pretty barren. Balmung is competing with a lot of other weapons and skills, but midas is really only competing with AA gloves (revive 2/mythic) or starry gloves (magic find/mythic, expired seasonal pack), so glove slots are pretty free unless you're a glutton for punishment. ;) However, balmung also gives plenty of flexibility if you're not doing crazy things, so it's not really something to fuss over if you're not deep into team building/skills yet.

My next step with the equipment lists that were in that post is to find out which of the other items are in game items and which are purchased outside of the big three packs.

The ones from the start of abqu's team guide are all low level f2p chest blueprints, but here's some helpful resources anyways:

Spreadsheet! Great for pretty much everything, the "fragment path" and "chest/premium" tabs make it easy to look up blueprints, skills, and where things come from.

Sols9 has the same info but it looks pretty. It's also got some nifty interactive charts for things like craft time and mastery.

Appgoons (holy cow, it finally got an update) has a "best in slot" calculator that I love, great for seeing gear options. Select the hero/level you want, scroll down to the slot you need, and there's lists of unbreakables and skilled options for that hero.

- - - - - - -

Anyway, back to the original question, you really can't go wrong with any of those packs. I'd definitely recommend something with support 2 if you're interested in the skill stuff but the rest of the details are kinda nitty-gritty. I'd focus more on whether you'd prefer extra heroes or a better worker, but those 3 packs all have nice things. :) And they're all premium packs so you could always pick up another if you change your mind someday.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:53 am

Kim! wrote:Spreadsheet! Great for pretty much everything, the "fragment path" and "chest/premium" tabs make it easy to look up blueprints, skills, and where things come from.

Often refered to under its short URL: http://bit.ly/shopheroes ;)

There's also the Super Team Builder spreadsheet started by Akerson and taken over by Azbandar.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8628
Checkmarking the blueprints you have/expect to have and then when selecting from the hero's gear slot pulldowns seeing such a difference in number of useful options from slot to slot is always interesting.

(ugh, I really should find time to work on the wiki a bit; my info at http://shop-heroes.wikia.com/wiki/Skill ... ms#Support doesn't include the Heroic packs and the december 2016 batch of chest blueprints yet. :( )
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “General Discussion”