August 2017 Update Notes!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: August 2017 Update Notes!

Postby cc_Darkis » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Catarina wrote:In biggest Russian fan group I post quote about new Raid.

129 people choose:
Horribly - 47%
Don't like - 19%
Normal - 7%
Good - 2%
No difference (not running in raid) - 5%
No difference (will close immediately) - 9%
Raid? What it is? - 12%

Vk.com/oldheroes

Thanks for sharing that and until everything else planned falls into place...I'd expect many not liking the change. But that's the good things about it as well, getting your guys feedback.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

omgabear
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby omgabear » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Abqu wrote:
Kim! wrote:In case anyone was wondering, endless is 10k now. :(

It's not a nerf, it's a feature! :ugeek:

I'm not going to argue semantics with you, it's a re-balance!

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:38 pm

I understand that this change might make sense in a larger scheme.

What does not make any sense at all is why it was implemented right at this moment with nothing to justify it. :roll:

Not pushing it out and waiting for the incentive would have been much more logical step.

Tkshowers

Postby Tkshowers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 pm

Still the new raid numbers, still no new rewards.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:45 am

Tkshowers wrote:Still the new raid numbers, still no new rewards.

Now you're being silly. There has been no app update and Shop Heroes doesn't have an in-app update feature, so the earliest time we could see new rewards is september update...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Jaxi

Postby Jaxi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:21 am

There was a comment few pages back that raids should be a challenge not a cakewalk. Thing is, 10k more points will continue to be a cakewalk to the biggest cities, but most cities like mine are a mixture of ppl who get lots of points, and loyal players who basically log on to help in raids, even though they have real lives, they work long shifts over weekends etc. We were already taking the whole weekend to complete raids, and last week we failed for the first time in months, 250 pts short.

Instead of making a tedious event more tedious than ever before, how about making the game more interesting, increase incentives to level. If you're going to raise raid levels so much higher, add another 1 - 2 tiers so we can increase our output. I do 5 x tier 3 groups at 250 - 290 pts per run, my power levels way over the requirement. I truly hope those new rewards are going to be damn good.

And lets rethink these current rewards. At level 35, you get a BP on the first time through, subsquent weeks you receive a chest that you can't get keys for. What about more useful stuff like fragments, or temporary boosts. Heaven forbid offering a higher level key than gold ...

Tkshowers

Postby Tkshowers » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:16 am

Shiroe wrote:

Now you're being silly. There has been no app update and Shop Heroes doesn't have an in-app update feature, so the earliest time we could see new rewards is september update...

I apologize to CC on that one, used to games that can do these hot fixes. It is a shame that the good information couldn't be delivered without the insult. Yay forums.

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:24 am

Tkshowers wrote:I apologize to CC on that one, used to games that can do these hot fixes.

Yeah the problem CC seem to face is having to push an update and waiting for approval across multiple platforms (android, ios, steam, facebook, kongregate). Giving away stuff/running events seems to be easier as it's already in the game and just ticking a box to make it live.

Tkshowers

Postby Tkshowers » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 am

That makes sense. When I see things showing up (clothing/gems/ etc) it seems like they should be able to do fixes like add/change a reward. SH is a much bigger/complex game than most app games I have played and I forget they are stuck in the same framework.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 am

Tkshowers wrote:
Shiroe wrote:

I apologize to CC on that one, used to games that can do these hot fixes. It is a shame that the good information couldn't be delivered without the insult. Yay forums.

Ah, sorry, I assumed it to be common knowledge that Shop Heroes only has updates through the stores updates and not through in-app updates. :(
(How I wish that would change, but that's likely a big code rewrite. :( They probably also unfortunatly still have too much hardcoded into the app, since "oh package start and end dates are hardcoded in the app, so need to release now or we lose days from the package sale window" is the only reasoning I can think of for some of the update release dates (just before raid)... )

About hotfixes: those would need to go through a rushed store approval procedure. The stores probably aren't too happy if you pull that too often for things that are not game-crashing, so for something like a new raid rewards update, you'd probably be looking at release up to 2 weeks after it would be coded and tested if they'd try to implement it fast, but not hotfix it. Based on that, it would make more sense to roll it into a "september" update along with other changes and the new packs.
(would be so nice if pack start/end dates would just be fetched from the server and new pack assets could be inserted through in-app updates, so gameplay updates, fixes etc. would no longer need to be coordinated with packs... :| )
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “General Discussion”