August 2017 Update Notes!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Niryet

Re: August 2017 Update Notes!

Postby Niryet » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:54 am

I certainly hope they're paying you well, Darkis. I'd have a hard time sleeping while lying for a living.

Stop beating around the bush and show us some content already.

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:17 am

I have to say... the tedious vs. Challenging debate is absolutely hilarious. You people do realize for something to be challenging it has to require skill, right? It is literally impossible to make shop heroes challenging. It's a spread sheet simulator. You have an unlimited amount of time to calculate and submit user inputs. There are no real penalties for suboptimal inputs. It literally CAN'T be challenging. Anyway back to the topic at hand. I definitely look forward to a restructuring of raid rewards if that's planned. I haven't had nearly as much time to keep up with things as I used to, having started a new job, but I think that I saw that mentioned. Increasing raid requirements is really not too big of a deal for active cities that require active raiders. It may hurt the casuals a bit, but only those who were borderline to begin with. Those that weren't probably weren't getting the final reward anyway. The dfp changes should have come a long time ago. It was literally midas' touch for every single player. Even if you bought horns you were guaranteed profit. You are still guaranteed profit if you only buy horns, unless the price goes up significantly. Even still it's an item with magic find and no precraft. It could very well be considered the most accessible, incredibly high use item in the game. Either way, despite being very busy, I like the changes and look forward to next month's update as well!

P.s. can someone post an image of the boots with precraft, or if it's already been posted and I missed it, just link or mention it to me? Much appreciated. Love you all!

aks47u
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:23 am

Dizzle wrote:P.s. can someone post an image of the boots with precraft, or if it's already been posted and I missed it, just link or mention it to me? Much appreciated. Love you all!

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=498&start=562

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:54 am

In case anyone was wondering, endless is 10k now. :(

Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Kim! wrote:In case anyone was wondering, endless is 10k now. :(

It's not a nerf, it's a feature! :ugeek:

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:24 pm

Try to keep to the topic folks and not just come in with a baited posting etc. I've removed the postings for now but next time, short vacation from the forums.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

thepiratesheep

Postby thepiratesheep » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:19 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:Releasing half baked stuff isn't going to help and would only add to the frustration, let downs and such you've had for the longest.

The issue and the frustration is readily apparent in your own comment. The increase in raid difficulty without the accompanying "rest of the update" is a textbook definition of a half baked idea. It's like building half a bridge, saying the rest of the bridge will be there "shortly" (at least a month away), then promoting the fact that everyone should still use the bridge, because crossing the bridge was getting a little too easy.

CC doing things like this just perpetuates the cycle of frustrations and let downs. Combine this with the months of "here's a roadmap" (which hasn't been followed or spoken of) and having what should be basic fundamentals like saving raid parties and turning off special craft notifications seemingly get lumped into the "world peace" category (great in theory but just not gonna happen), what are we as players supposed to expect? I expected nothing in this patch and I STILL got let down, because the non-paid packs are literally less than nothing.

And yeah Darkis, you get more Unicorns than you probably deserve. You're literally the Cloudcade version of Shouty Spice (Sean Spicer). But it's the only outlet for the frustration...

River
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby River » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:52 am

River wrote:"Added an option to disable all city notifications from neighbors"

What notifications are you talking about?
I have disabled the option and I can still see these notifications:*
-neighbors' log-in
-city chat "preview"
-achievements
-fulfilment of city-requests
-city investments
-special crafting notifications

*edited

sorry for the auto-quote, but.. any answers?

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:17 pm

River wrote:
River wrote:"Added an option to disable all city notifications from neighbors"

What notifications are you talking about?
I have disabled the option and I can still see these notifications:*
-neighbors' log-in
-city chat "preview"
-achievements
-fulfilment of city-requests
-city investments
-special crafting notifications

*edited

sorry for the auto-quote, but.. any answers?

You can see the notifications, but it no longer makes noise every time they happen. At least that's what I've noticed.

Catarina
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Catarina » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:01 pm

In biggest Russian fan group I post quote about new Raid.

129 people choose:
Horribly - 47%
Don't like - 19%
Normal - 7%
Good - 2%
No difference (not running in raid) - 5%
No difference (will close immediately) - 9%
Raid? What it is? - 12%

Vk.com/oldheroes

Return to “General Discussion”