August 2017 Update Notes!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Tykus

Re: August 2017 Update Notes!

Postby Tykus » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:13 am

Does anyone know the precraft for the Demon Trackers pls :) :?:

Kim!
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:32 am

Scroll info from a citymate:

Now we can all admire its grossness together. :)

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:03 am

alanx wrote:My two cents; don't try to club QoL updates with season pack updates. Please don't delay bug fixes so that you can club everything into one patch and risk more bugs and delays. I would appreciate timely bug fixes and QoL updates independent of your seasonal pack cycle. This way we know that you guys are constantly working on actual issues were facing and not just trying to make money and testing our patience. Other games are able to patch-fix the game without having customers to hit the appstore for update. Perhaps you guys can use that channel to introduce minor changes every other week?

In-app updates would be nice, though I wouldn't be surprised if that would be a big rewrite when not designed in from the start...
Ironically, the packs would probably be the easiest things to push through in-app updates. (though that would reduce the "oh, we need to delay finishing feature x, since we need a code-freeze in y days, so we can push the update through store approval in-time to launch the next packages at the right time")
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Speadie

Postby Speadie » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:23 am

Has an update happened? or is it due?

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:14 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
Kim! wrote:
The DFP isn't getting nerfed (another misused word fyi) but the requirements to craft it adjusted to fit it's value.

In video gaming, a nerf is a change to a game that reduces the power of a weapon or skill in order to maintain game balance. The term is also used as a verb for the act of making such a change. The opposite of nerf is buff (in one of that term's two usages).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerfing_(gaming)

Wikipedia might not be the most reliable source, but I'm guessing whatever change are coming for DFP will be a nerf...

I really dislike the back and forth that some folks try to drive their own agenda with...I've already stated it would require some more resources to craft and the reasoning behind it. The item itself is not getting nerfed.

I come from a heavy background as a player in mmorpgs, shooters, moba's and then some so something like that, isn't a nerf just a requirement adjustment :lol:

If it was say attack power 5000 changed to 4850 etc, that's a nerf.

You can argue in good faith that the adjustment to the expected profitability of DFP is more "tweak" than "nerf" in magnitude. Limiting the defintiion of "nerf" such that it can only possibly encompass item power ignores both the breadth of game changes that are considered "nerfs" in your aforementioned genres of play and is wildly innappropriate for SH, where GPM rather than item power is the relevent metric.

I get it though, my heavy background as a player in many genres has inculculated me to expect developers to claim (usually in bad faith) that "X isn't a nerf, there's no such thing as a nerf, and oh look a quarter *runs away* ".

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:43 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:
Luke00016 wrote:Really? Months of promises of patch hype and updates and new content and this gets rolled out? I understand that other stuff is in the works but the optics of this patch are terrible. Is this the content that got "pushed back" last month?

The raid change is miserable. My city is full of fun people, but because I'm not in a huge city with highly dedicated people I can't hit the full raid rewards any more? Am I supposed to abandon the friends I made in SH or am I not supposed to be able to get the rewards?

And DFP being reworked, but no specifics? Nerf incoming, guaranteed.

This patch is just a disappointment from every angle.

I've made many a thread clearing things up from the dev side and the issues we have ran into. Threads are still there to read and I should have more in the next few weeks.

Except this doesn't really jibe with your prior (end of june) thread on the topic.

You indicated that content updates would be occuring again on a monthly basis
cc_Darkis wrote:All of this is very time consuming, which is why we haven't had the bandwidth to release a ton of new content.
Now that most of this has been done, moving forward, we will be able to shift our focus back to producing regular content updates on a monthly basis.

and specifically identified that the August patch would include additional content.
cc_Darkis wrote:With each new update, we are aiming to bring more substantial content to the game. This starts with our August (loosely tied to September's patch) update for the Game.

I'd express disappointment with the lack of any content in this update, but if I'm honest I wasn't expecting anything other than paid packs and a tweak or two.

punishersnow

Postby punishersnow » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:03 pm

Ronin wrote:You can argue in good faith that the adjustment to the expected profitability of DFP is more "tweak" than "nerf" in magnitude. Limiting the defintiion of "nerf" such that it can only possibly encompass item power ignores both the breadth of game changes that are considered "nerfs" in your aforementioned genres of play and is wildly innappropriate for SH, where GPM rather than item power is the relevent metric.

I get it though, my heavy background as a player in many genres has inculculated me to expect developers to claim (usually in bad faith) that "X isn't a nerf, there's no such thing as a nerf, and oh look a quarter *runs away* ".

The nerf is to the gold / time if you quest for the horns or profit if you buy the horns off the market. Nerf doesn't always mean straight up power.

Also what is with the "agenda" argument? If we praised a buff, would you then comment that you like our agenda? Seems like such a weird remark lol

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Alrighty guys your grasping a bit here to the point it's derailing with the agenda comments.

Let's not argue semantics on what each of us consider a nerf or rebalance.

It's seriously is a dead end discussion wise to say the least.

I've already made my comments about hoping to provide more insight to things over the next few weeks and we can move forward from there.

I did say loosely tied to August update but was hoping we have more delivered that could be pushed out with this update. :cry:

Releasing half baked stuff isn't going to help and would only add to the frustration, let downs and such you've had for the longest.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Feone

Postby Feone » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:27 pm

Kim! wrote:Scroll info from a citymate:
<image>

Oh wow, is that supposed to be some bad joke or did whoever designed that just never play the game?

Darkis, why does Cloudcade insist on making these items borderline unobtainable? You get complaints that mythics take far too long to create, especially for premium recipes and the response is to up the level a few more times, add an even tougher precraft and switch to almost unavailable artifacts?

Are you trying to reduce pack sales?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:39 pm

Feone wrote:
Kim! wrote:Scroll info from a citymate:
<image>

Oh wow, is that supposed to be some bad joke or did whoever designed that just never play the game?

Darkis, why does Cloudcade insist on making these items borderline unobtainable? You get complaints that mythics take far too long to create, especially for premium recipes and the response is to up the level a few more times, add an even tougher precraft and switch to almost unavailable artifacts?

Are you trying to reduce pack sales?

I wasn't the guy in charge of the numbers and they do go off what is previously set/the bar for folks.

Not a fan and if you remember I've said it in the past, the game has been long overdue for some real balance even if that means rebalancing everything.

That's been a cornerstone I've relayed to the team in every report or project I deliver.

The big take away from this is what you guys have to say.

Some of you could probably do the numbers better than our guys can and I mean that as a massive compliment.

I'll start a dedicated thread or if someone wants to do the honors, feel free.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “General Discussion”