August 2017 Update Notes!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Aelfgeft
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: August 2017 Update Notes!

Postby Aelfgeft » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:03 pm

Catarina wrote:You force hate Shop Heroes.

Force Hate does 49 force damage and inflicts Fear.

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:41 pm

Can I just point out that tedious and difficult are not the same thing?

The only difference will be that we, as players, need to set more of our weekend aside to complete it.

You've made raids more tedious.

The option to play Shop Heroes casually, and still keep up is one of the best qualities of the game, please stop trying to kill it. A large portion of your playerbase doesn't log in all day every day, we have jobs and other commitments that take up the bulk of our time and by only having a quest that brings back few items and lasts a few hours you're forcing us to either accept giving up on some aspects of the game or on those commitments. You won't be winning on that decision.

If you're actually going for more difficult it should come with a (few?) higher power/better reward quests. That way at least we can still complete the raid with similar player effort assuming we're up to the increased requirements. Is this something that's in the works?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:46 pm

Feone wrote:Can I just point out that tedious and difficult are not the same thing?

The only difference will be that we, as players, need to set more of our weekend aside to complete it.

You've made raids more tedious.

The option to play Shop Heroes casually, and still keep up is one of the best qualities of the game, please stop trying to kill it. A large portion of your playerbase doesn't log in all day every day, we have jobs and other commitments that take up the bulk of our time and by only having a quest that brings back few items and lasts a few hours you're forcing us to either accept giving up on some aspects of the game or on those commitments. You won't be winning on that decision.

If you're actually going for more difficult it should come with a (few?) higher power/better reward quests. That way at least we can still complete the raid with similar player effort assuming we're up to the increased requirements. Is this something that's in the works?

For your last bit indeed yes and the feedback is appreciated as it shouldn't be such a time sink that it's a negative aspect of the game players have to trod through to get done.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Simply wow. I thought August was supposed to be IT. Oh well. :roll:

For the actual content of the patch notes Im not gonna even... I seriously don't have the strength anymore. I guess yet another month goes by.

Feone

Postby Feone » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:10 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:For your last bit indeed yes and the feedback is appreciated as it shouldn't be such a time sink that it's a negative aspect of the game players have to trod through to get done.

Nice to hear, hopefully we'll actually see a change for this in the game.

Another unrelated point, are lv51+ recipes going to be the new standard for packs? I'd like to know if Cloudcade has actually checked how much effort it would take to create a mythical at that level.

Also, do these items require the new raid-only artifacts?

Nissaya

Postby Nissaya » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:09 am

DMP potion now requires 2 horns but 95 oil.

Was it that hard to state it like that...

Another lvl 28 shield, useless as i already crafted myths from july package.
Not interested by stoneskin on remedies 34 as it is a healer slot.

Lvl 51+ mythique are a joke. Even with my endgame account i dont bother fusing 47+ myth so 51+ haha.
Stiĺl no fusion time balancing in mind?

Thanks that save me 25$ for this month.

Raid at 40k... whatever...

I will keep crafting twink stuff for friends and maybe try to turn my midas on myth for this month.

Nissaya

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:32 am

It was coming down to the wire on the adjustment and I can say it'll get another one from the discussion but at least this changes it slightly but no where near where it should be.

Also tossing out 200 gems to everyone. Enjoy.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Nash

Postby Nash » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:07 am

Just my two cents

Does not seem that they are much interested in implementing(there is a lot of listening) to player ideas, but here I go.(I have seen some great ideas from really passionate players on the forums)

1. The packages

The packages mostly boost power. If you have been playing the game for a while you already have some great options to boost power- Ice cloak, frozen harp, protector, championshelm, magic shuriken(Those are the ones that helped me, and don't mess with energetic,support or healer). With a combination of blueprint fragments and opening leather chest with ad videos, anyone can get most of these items in 6 weeks, if someone explained the game to you.

I would recommend only having 2 boost items out of the 9 items that were made available this month.

Skills I would like to see.
Lvl 11-20 items

* Goldigger 3 on the lvl 10-20 items- I know most would disagree, but my experience is people struggle to get gold early on
and that really slows them down, if you can get to T3 quests some give a decent amount of gold)
* Energetic I and Leader I- My idea is you are paying for quick access to lion boots, plated tunic and better versions of
colored powder, tiamat and moon boots. Just having six men teams would already give you a lot of power.
* Treasure hunter I and scavenger I- In nice slots that won't hurt energetic or support.

lvl 20 -30

Support I- Every few months
Energetic I- Two times a year

Two level skills from one item- Treasure hunter I and fastidious II, Resourceful I and Wise II, Supplier IV and Gangster II
Half revive- The hero have to rest, but still get the artifacts for the quest, similar to the mechanic Resilient uses.
Bp fragment collector-Double the amount of fragments you get. And improve your odds to catch more bp fragments once they pop up.

Lvl 50 items
Please stop torturing us.

2. Raid

Have to agree with the others it will be more tedious than challenging.
Please bring out a fourth difficulty with better rewards.

3. Qol

Please stop the fusion and craft popups. Just put a 120 second timer on the info page to upgrade on the higher qualities.
I want to be able to sent out default teams for questing.

4. DFP

Don't seem like a great idea making it tougher, but I guess experienced player won't care to much.

alanx

Postby alanx » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:39 am

This patch is very underwhelming.....I appreciate the things in progress but Darkis, you should realize that people aren't pushing any agendas here....they're simply questioning your(CC) agenda.

My two cents; don't try to club QoL updates with season pack updates. Please don't delay bug fixes so that you can club everything into one patch and risk more bugs and delays. I would appreciate timely bug fixes and QoL updates independent of your seasonal pack cycle. This way we know that you guys are constantly working on actual issues were facing and not just trying to make money and testing our patience. Other games are able to patch-fix the game without having customers to hit the appstore for update. Perhaps you guys can use that channel to introduce minor changes every other week? We just want to not have to keep waiting indefinitely and being promised changes only to wait month after month getting frustrated. I know there are many variables involved but other games don't seem to be struggling this much when so much feedback is available....

Please fulfil the promises that were already made before making any new ones...

River
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby River » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:44 am

"Added an option to disable all city notifications from neighbors"

What notifications are you talking about?
I have disabled the option and I can still see these notifications:*
-neighbors' log-in
-city chat "preview"
-achievements
-fulfilment of city-requests
-city investments
-special crafting notifications

*edited
Last edited by River on Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”