New Events means New Feedback!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: New Events means New Feedback!

Postby Abqu » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:03 pm

atsiputes wrote:
Shiroe wrote:Erm, you're basically saying it's not the double surcharge event that you like, but a tradehouse side-effect of the event.
That's kind of like saying "price of gems should be more inflated, since I can get more gold from them that way".

no basically i havnt said whether i like it or not. side effect is one more aspect i wanted to add. i am at my end game so items price in th has almost 0 effect for me. most top players just forget that majority of comunnity is lower lvl and a lot of stuff has a different effect than at the end game.
the game is a disaster of balance (compared with S&P2) and favours hard 24/7 moneymaker crafting playstyle. so im not sure why balance game around those top few hundreds moneymaker crafters who get negative effect from event while everyone else has positive. soz but ive never spotted direct long term price increase in th due to event and i dont believe surcharge event has significant impact on creating more inflation. the solution should be to create ways of lowering inflation but not remove event and stop doing something on inflation problem.

Double surcharge adds 20% more gold that wouldn't otherwise exist. It's the textbook definition of inflation.

To lower inflation, gold would need to have more purchasing power. Increasing the amount of gold in circulation does the exact opposite.

People stockpile and saving hundreds of items for double surcharge. The gold created by these items alone clogs up key request queues, drives up magic chest prices, and all the other popular conversion methods suffer as well.

Your disdain for "end game" players is also misguided. Being anti-double surcharge is an incredibly unpopular opinion to have, especially in end game, where the stockpiling and inflation is most directly contributed to.

Lower level players don't benefit from a double surcharge event nearly as much as those at mid- and end-game. The 25% craft reduction event, in my opinion, should replace double surcharge until gold has a significant sink. It helps everyone, promotes playing during the event, and also increases profit. It's also going to lead to more gold in the system, but it doesn't promote stockpiling or hoarding.

Double surcharge directly leads to the devaluation of the gem:gold ratio. I don't think that's a good thing, but I've been wrong before.

------------------

I've enjoyed the new events. I'm jaded on the fuse one just because the fuses I do take days and it feels meh to save hours. But my better half loved it, and I think she's more representative of the type of players these events target. These events, so far anyway, have been great additions to the stable of those that already exist. Double hearts will probably go away. I've made my opinion known about the other one I think is problematic above.

Even the +50% artifacts one, with its untimely rollout and all, is an awesome one. If that would run post-raid, it would be one of the more interesting ones to me.

Shiroe

Postby Shiroe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:58 am

Abqu wrote:Even the +50% artifacts one, with its untimely rollout and all, is an awesome one. If that would run post-raid, it would be one of the more interesting ones to me.

Yeah, and I guess that one would help early/mid game players decently (more artifacts per item break from questing), while late game it falls off a bit (other than shards and horns, I cap my T3 artifacts way faster than I can spend them and there's not much of a tradehouse market for them because of the lower price cap) and then picks up a bit at end game when all parties can run shards/horns.
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:56 am

The Good
  • Craft Time
    Woohoo faster stuff
  • Fusion Time
    Woohoo faster stuff
  • Customer Visit Rate
    TBA
  • Drop Rate For Chests
    TBA
  • Drop Rate For Special Items From Quests
    Woohoo more stuff
  • Base Power Boost
    TBA

The Bad
  • Craft Time
    Without a corresponding resource refill rate this just leads to having empty crafting slots while waiting for resources.
  • Fusion Time
    Same as Abqu, fusions take so long that a few hours knocked off doesn't really seem like much.
  • Customer Visit Rate
    TBA
  • Drop Rate For Chests
    TBA
    Chests stop dropping once you have a couple in your inventory. The key market. This event will be largely useless unless chests will drop no matter how many you have in stock.
  • Drop Rate For Special Items From Quests
    I assume this was the artifact drop rate? Aren't the special items the gold/gems/gear/etc?
  • Base Power Boost
    TBA

The Ugly
Remember to insert something humorous

Abqu

Postby Abqu » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:52 pm

aks47u wrote:Remember to insert something humorous

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:52 pm

I shake my head at you, Abqu, I shake my head at you...
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet | Super Team Builder Redux
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet design by Richard | Super Team Builder original design by Akerson

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Appreciate everyone's honest thoughts and yes, we still need to make some adjustments but also you guys have clearly noted that we need more events that work in either tandem or hit more of the player base.

Sorry for the afk this week in posting, been under the weather!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Tkshowers

Postby Tkshowers » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Seriously! Get rid of artifacts in chests. I just spent 1250 gems on 8 ancient essences and 12 shards of Gaia. Not even a full quest run. Fragments/epics/leg/mythic.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:11 pm

Tkshowers wrote:Seriously! Get rid of artifacts in chests. I just spent 1250 gems on 8 ancient essences and 12 shards of Gaia. Not even a full quest run. Fragments/epics/leg/mythic.

Not a fan of getting them either.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Tkshowers

Postby Tkshowers » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:02 am

It is the single biggest reason I don't spend more money to open chests.

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:30 am

Tkshowers wrote:Seriously! Get rid of artifacts in chests. I just spent 1250 gems on 8 ancient essences and 12 shards of Gaia. Not even a full quest run. Fragments/epics/leg/mythic.

I turned 750 gems into 20 Aragonite last night, that's pretty spot on with market prices. I guess the Hellfire Ruby and Aragonite are the special cases here though as they're unquestable.

Return to “General Discussion”