New Events means New Feedback!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

New Events means New Feedback!

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Hey there Folks!

Hope every is having a great week and enjoying the events but I'd like to know a bit more on that front.

So feel free to hit me up here with what you like on each event (the events themselves not length or start of them), what you would like to see down the road or improved!

My thoughts, need a key event.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

jeroti

Re: New Events means New Feedback!

Postby jeroti » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:04 pm

I liked the three new events. Personally I found the fusion time reduction the most useful, and I have a feeling that many people will share the same thought on that. I'm not saying that the other events weren't good I liked them and they were both very helpful, but faster fusions are hard to beat.

I'm not sure if it's possible, but implementing a counter of some kind with additional rewards based on how much you used the event bonus, and when you get to certain thresholds you get a reward. The rewards wouldn't have to be anything super crazy, just things like gold, a handful of gems, maybe a low-mid level key, and at the end BP fragments. The reward thresholds could be set so new people would only get the first couple while veteran players could probably get them all.

I'll use the near worthless extra hearts event as an example.

50 hearts - some gold
100 hearts - 10-15 gems
1,000 hearts - Iron Key
10,000 hearts - BP fragments

I'm not basing the number of items or rewards on anything I'm just making an example, even the number of levels isn't that important. The rewards could just be an increasing number of free spins on the wheel this way it's the same usefulness for everyone.

Now that i think of it there should be an extra spin event too so every 8 hours you get two spins instead of 1, and if you roll more spins on the wheel you get an extra 1 on top of it.

cynthrocks

Postby cynthrocks » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Um. These events have all been awesome so far. Reduced crafting time?? Amazing. Increased artifact drop?? Excellent. Fuse time reduction? Literally all we have ever wanted. I hope to see events occur with more regularity. I had casual players on more this week than in the passed two months.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:25 pm

I really wish the extra artifacts one would affect raid artifacts as well as normal quest mats, especially since events tend to happen on weekends. Otherwise we kinda need to choose between raiding or taking advantage of the event.

Initially you had said this about the quest loot one:
Today we will start it off with the double loot (This might be a triple loot increase still confirming this) in regards to Special Loot earned at the end of a quest.

I was really looking forward to this and disappointed that it turned out to be artifacts instead, but I would be really excited to see us get double special loot from quests/raid, assuming the initial comment on it was a misunderstanding of the artifacts event.

Double BP frags from dailies/quests would be cool too but I'm not sure how others would feel about that one.

And the craft/fuse time events were nice, think everyone benefited from those. :)

atsiputes

Postby atsiputes » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:32 am

i think surcharge event should be back. top players lobbied too hard to take down this event. too bad they care only about high lvls and their gold. surcharge event is briliant for low lvls especially who sell items on th. i dont think its fair to balance events around top players and their unwillingness to pay extra in th during event

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:45 pm

atsiputes wrote:i think surcharge event should be back. top players lobbied too hard to take down this event. too bad they care only about high lvls and their gold. surcharge event is briliant for low lvls especially who sell items on th. i dont think its fair to balance events around top players and their unwillingness to pay extra in th during event

Erm, you're basically saying it's not the double surcharge event that you like, but a tradehouse side-effect of the event.
That's kind of like saying "price of gems should be more inflated, since I can get more gold from them that way".

If you want an event to make more gold, it would make more sense to have an event that directly makes you more gold than an event you don't use, but makes you more gold because others use it... :roll:
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

CuteCrafter
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby CuteCrafter » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:08 pm

Love the new events- just wish you guys would consider adding another fusion slot or letting us buy another fusion cauldron. Even with the reduction of fusion time event, it still takes ages to fuse just about everything after a certain level. And I haven't even started working on mythical sets for my heroes yet. I'm just trying to master blueprints :s

I know I would gladly pay gems or real money for more fusion slots or a second fusion pot... or a building we could feed to speed up fusion times when we need to.

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:55 pm

The events are great. Keep them coming. The only thing that can make it more transparent for EVERYONE is countdown before they start and countdown before they finish. The dates are super confusing. Adjust that and we are golden.

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Lionstar wrote:The events are great. Keep them coming. The only thing that can make it more transparent for EVERYONE is countdown before they start and countdown before they finish. The dates are super confusing. Adjust that and we are golden.

I can fully agree with this! Another option, see first bullet point.
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet | Super Team Builder Redux
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet design by Richard | Super Team Builder original design by Akerson

atsiputes

Postby atsiputes » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:21 am

Shiroe wrote:Erm, you're basically saying it's not the double surcharge event that you like, but a tradehouse side-effect of the event.
That's kind of like saying "price of gems should be more inflated, since I can get more gold from them that way".

no basically i havnt said whether i like it or not. side effect is one more aspect i wanted to add. i am at my end game so items price in th has almost 0 effect for me. most top players just forget that majority of comunnity is lower lvl and a lot of stuff has a different effect than at the end game.
the game is a disaster of balance (compared with S&P2) and favours hard 24/7 moneymaker crafting playstyle. so im not sure why balance game around those top few hundreds moneymaker crafters who get negative effect from event while everyone else has positive. soz but ive never spotted direct long term price increase in th due to event and i dont believe surcharge event has significant impact on creating more inflation. the solution should be to create ways of lowering inflation but not remove event and stop doing something on inflation problem.

Return to “General Discussion”