Skills for low level items in other paid packs?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: Skills for low level items in other paid packs?

Postby alanx » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:47 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Noted guys and the skills being added as value was something you've requested and I helped push along into the packs going forward. I too would like to see the perma packs get some sort of skills added but I also know that we are working to find a way to make is feasible that when you craft something amazing, it has a chance of getting a random low tier skill.

That also changes the game up in regards to selling it on the TH and having more value overall. :D

This is good to hear and I look forward to it getting implemented. As for the permanent packs, as a customer I value consistency regardless of whether something is free or paid. Just like the $ I spend on a seasonal pack has the same value in real life as the $ I spend on perma packs, I expect there to be some consistency. I'm sure that just like the sales of the seasonal packs should have increased after the skill update, the same should happen with the perma packs too. Since not all of the available perma packs have the same worth. For me, Wizard pack outclasses the rogue and warrior, giant outclasses jack and Charles outclasses lorelei if I were to decide to pick one among them. But then it is my choice to pick among them based on what I need so the current system isn't inadequate either. Still, new skills on the lower BP could act as a motivator to boost all packs average sales.
Also, this would provide an added opportunity to revise the current BP material requirements for the existing perma packs if you guys decide to take the community feedback into consideration. I'm not saying that the current situation isn't okay, but it could be better and I'll leave it to the devs to decide based on their judgement.

Spodidy

Postby Spodidy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:39 am

Play Store states the following about the last update "Package Improvements: All Package Blueprints Now Unlock Skills at Different Qualities"

This is from your patch notes given to the play store. So when do the rest of the blueprints packages get skills? seems like false advertisement.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:57 am

Spodidy wrote:Play Store states the following about the last update "Package Improvements: All Package Blueprints Now Unlock Skills at Different Qualities"

This is from your patch notes given to the play store. So when do the rest of the blueprints packages get skills? seems like false advertisement.

That's new to me and our marketing partners could have gotten things wrong...on the other they just might be right as well.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Kelana
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kelana » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:37 am

The biggest complaint has always been that the seasonal packs felt very underwhelming for their cost, especially when compared to the permanent packs. Now that the seasonals have been given a slight buff (although still questionable as to being worth it - many players would've loved the 1-skill versions for a slight reduction to $10 or something), the answer here isn't to give the packs that are generally seen as pretty good 4 more skills. If that were to happen then $15 for 3 skills looks like a very bad deal compared to $20 for 6 skills, and players would feel worse about purchasing the seasonals, choosing not to buy them (everyone loses), or asking for them to be buffed (repeating this cycle), or asking for the price to be lowered (not particularly likely to happen).

The permanent packs could receive some quality of life improvements though - valkyrie's grip should absolutely not take 8 flawless precrafts. Loki's mask should not take 3 flawless precrafts. This makes them extremely inaccessible recipes compared to the ease of ocarina.

alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby alanx » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:30 am

Kelana wrote:The biggest complaint has always been that the seasonal packs felt very underwhelming for their cost, especially when compared to the permanent packs. Now that the seasonals have been given a slight buff (although still questionable as to being worth it - many players would've loved the 1-skill versions for a slight reduction to $10 or something), the answer here isn't to give the packs that are generally seen as pretty good 4 more skills. If that were to happen then $15 for 3 skills looks like a very bad deal compared to $20 for 6 skills, and players would feel worse about purchasing the seasonals, choosing not to buy them (everyone loses), or asking for them to be buffed (repeating this cycle), or asking for the price to be lowered (not particularly likely to happen).

The permanent packs could receive some quality of life improvements though - valkyrie's grip should absolutely not take 8 flawless precrafts. Loki's mask should not take 3 flawless precrafts. This makes them extremely inaccessible recipes compared to the ease of ocarina.

Not all permanent pack BP are correctly scaled like Jack pack having a level40 myth requirement skill. It could have been lower-tier and switched to legendary at least. Nevertheless, Permanent packs are always available and if someone *feels worse* they can buy the permanent packs any time they want. If they choose not to then that it their choice. The 6 skills simply give more reasons for players who haven't purchased it to actually purchase it. I cant see how that is a bad thing for anyone? Permanent packs are equally available to all players old or new. If someone prefers permanent packs to seasonal or vice versa then that is their choice....My point is simple: what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Keep it consistent.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:39 am

alanx wrote:Not all permanent pack BP are correctly scaled like Jack pack having a level40 myth requirement skill. It could have been lower-tier and switched to legendary at least. Nevertheless, Permanent packs are always available and if someone *feels worse* they can buy the permanent packs any time they want. If they choose not to then that it their choice. The 6 skills simply give more reasons for players who haven't purchased it to actually purchase it. I cant see how that is a bad thing for anyone? Permanent packs are equally available to all players old or new. If someone prefers permanent packs to seasonal or vice versa then that is their choice....My point is simple: what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Keep it consistent.

6 skills for a permanent pack might be overkill, but I'd say adding one mediocre_skill@epic to also bring up the permanent packs to 3 skills would make sense. (permanent packs having fewer skills than seasonal ones feels a bit odd)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Return to “General Discussion”