Skills for low level items in other paid packs?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
alanx
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Skills for low level items in other paid packs?

Postby alanx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:19 am

Hi guys. Since we now have seasonal packs with skills for all three items in paid packs, and I understand that with every new seasonal pack, the previous years' packs will be retroactively updated as well; I wanted to enquire if we will also get skills for all blueprints in the permanent paid packs like warrior, rogue, wizard, giant, jack, heroic 1 and 2 packs too :?:
What do you guys feel? Personally I would like for all paid blueprints to have skills...

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Skills for low level items in other paid packs?

Postby Kim! » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:50 am

As an f2p I'd be nervous about seeing that many skills added at once, I feel like it could give the game a very p2w vibe.

Each premium pack contains 6 BPs, and 2 of those already have skills on them. So that'd be an extra 4 per pack (compared to the extra 2 added to seasonal packs). I feel like premium packs are also generally more usable already. The big issue with seasonal packs was that nearly all the skills were at mythic, in the current premium packs only 5 of the 14 skilled items require mythic (ocarina - resourceful 3, adventurer's shield - scav 2, Magic beans - BIA 2, mystic vest - magic find, primal dagger - scav 3). Apart from Jack each of the packs has at least one non-mythic skill already, and 3 of the expensive packs already have amazing skills on level 40ish legendaries (balmung - support 2, glovemung - support 2, mystic ring - healer 2).

Unless the new skills were primarily power boosters (archwiz, gangster, cone of cold, riposte, fireball, etc) I think it could throw off balance in a bad way.

alanx

Postby alanx » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 am

Its not like were asking them for tier3 or even tier2 skills. all those low level items would mostly have tier1 skills. maybe 1 of them might get a tier2 skill. We can be safe if the skills are power boosters or even stuff like lucky1, fastidious 1 or wise 1.
As long as it isn't support, revive, healer, resourceful or item boosters I don't think its any threat to f2p. It doesn't give a reason why they shouldn't be having ANY skill.

Feone

Postby Feone » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:24 am

It'd be interesting if they released a chest print or two as well along with these pack upgrades.

Or maybe add a skill to a notable item from the main blueprint line, say the final item in the line, or the exact middle one for something a bit less high end.

Or even just a "free unlock of the month" kind of thing.

Abqu
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:22 am

I'd like to see the permanent packs get skills, but that's probably purely self interest.

There have been some questions and requests for discounts on these; maybe adding more to them would be a way of adding value without decreasing price.

Pixie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Pixie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:48 am

New skills for the permanent packs sounds like a good idea. These could help newer players with team building early on. They don’t need to be OP, just T1 skills like power, wise etc. Even if they were just added onto the 3rd and 4th BP in the line rather than all 4 it would make a difference but not be OP.
Discord Pixie#5181

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:19 pm

Noted guys and the skills being added as value was something you've requested and I helped push along into the packs going forward. I too would like to see the perma packs get some sort of skills added but I also know that we are working to find a way to make is feasible that when you craft something amazing, it has a chance of getting a random low tier skill.

That also changes the game up in regards to selling it on the TH and having more value overall. :D
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:44 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:but I also know that we are working to find a way to make is feasible that when you craft something amazing, it has a chance of getting a random low tier skill.

That also changes the game up in regards to selling it on the TH and having more value overall.

:shock:
You mean skills tied to an item instead of to the [owned and mastered] blueprint?
If both would be in effect at the same time and both would be tradable that would be hard to clearly communicate to players...
"if you buy this item of at least quality X on the tradehouse, then you need to have its blueprint mastered to trigger the skill, but if you buy that item there's a skill stuck to it even if you don't have the blueprint"... @_@
(just the first part of that already needs to be explained in world chat plenty of times.)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Shiroe wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:but I also know that we are working to find a way to make is feasible that when you craft something amazing, it has a chance of getting a random low tier skill.

That also changes the game up in regards to selling it on the TH and having more value overall.

:shock:
You mean skills tied to an item instead of to the [owned and mastered] blueprint?
If both would be in effect at the same time and both would be tradable that would be hard to clearly communicate to players...
"if you buy this item of at least quality X on the tradehouse, then you need to have its blueprint mastered to trigger the skill, but if you buy that item there's a skill stuck to it even if you don't have the blueprint"... @_@
(just the first part of that already needs to be explained in world chat plenty of times.)

The system I've seen and put input on, looks very doable with out the confusion that would go with it aka your post sums up. But, it also takes some tweaks to the TH and a few other things.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Dave1029

Postby Dave1029 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:05 pm

I think the permanent packs are more or less fine. Usually have amazing utility beyond recipes. Seasonal packs absolutely needed a buff and I hope future packs take note of this one. I'm sure your sales reflected that. Good skills.

Return to “General Discussion”