Change one thing in shop heroes?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Dastardlyone

Re: Change one thing in shop heroes?

Postby Dastardlyone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:45 am

Wraith wrote:I'd like fusion times to be divided by 10. This is long overdue. It should be just a simple change to a single variable.

Not so simply as that I don't have issue with fusion times below LVL 40, and it's only around 50+ that it gets silly.

Reducing fusion time would reduce prices on legendaries/ mythic across the board.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:39 am

Thanks folks! Going to sticky this for a bit and I've already noted the thread with the team/pending updates. Moving forward, on the things we can't do that is requested, we will be transparent on the why of it so there is a more open dialogue to changes. 8-)
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Wraith

Postby Wraith » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Dastardlyone wrote:
Wraith wrote:I'd like fusion times to be divided by 10. This is long overdue. It should be just a simple change to a single variable.

Not so simply as that I don't have issue with fusion times below LVL 40, and it's only around 50+ that it gets silly.

Reducing fusion time would reduce prices on legendaries/ mythic across the board.

You know what? Prices dropping wouldn't be a bad thing.

Older players who have been around since 2015 have an unfair monopoly on gems and mythicals. Nobody talks about it but it's true.

Gems are rare these days, drop rates of all kinds have decreased (drop rates for gold have increased)... Younger players still need to equip their heroes with mythicals for full energetic teams and such, meanwhile older players already have their teams set up. Older players are fusing mythicals all day to sell to younger players, and on the forums they often oppose any attempt to change fusion in a way that helps younger players.

The most common excuse is "If we reduce fusion timer we'll have nothing else to do once our heroes all have mythical gear!" That's an absolutely laughable argument when you know it currently takes 7 years to equip all heroes with mythical gear (twice that if you also want full mythical arena sets). It shows how dishonest (some) older players are when it comes to that subject!

A few weeks ago I got a level 47 mythical item that I did not need. I thought I'd sell it for a nice amount of gems so I priced it slightly below the current offer... What do you know, a few hours later an older player had slashed his offer in half, just to show me that I'm not supposed to compete with him. Whoever he is, he doesn't care about taking a 50% loss of profits on a single sale as long as it dissuades me from competing with him, because he has plenty more mythicals to sell. On the other hand I only have one, so selling it for 50% less is a big deal to me.

I really won't feel bad for older players if they make less profits from mythicals. Nobody should fell bad for them. We should all be able to craft our own mythicals fairly quickly for the purpose of equipping our heroes with skills. Younger players shouldn't be held back just so older players can profit from them.

There, now someone has finally spoken about the elephant in the room!

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Honestly? I want a button in the settings menu that disables all furniture movement. Out of everything in the game the glitchiness of items jumping across the shop is what bugs me the most right now. Trying to scroll? Here, take this plant with you. Oh, you hit cancel? Sure, let's just move this over here first. -_-

(fuse stuff)

I'd actually be more concerned about the effects on epics/flawless, rather than high end mythics. Cauldron is a huge bottleneck, that means precrafts sell well and it means they sell for gems. Especially given the state of the key/chest market precrafts are a great way to earn gems, and accidental epics sell well as fuse fodder. I'd expect getting gems (for opening chests/slot upgrades/fuse slots) to get much harder for low-mid level players if fusion gets 10x faster/skippable with gold.

I also like that mythics are a challenge, high level items are hugely powerful with awesome skills, they should be hard to get. I guess i just don't understand the mindset that everyone should be able to deck their heroes out in full mythics easily? Even getting a handful of those items makes a huge difference in gearing because the skills are so strong. (For example, 2-3 AA gloves would let me get another no breaks, no deaths, no rest team running horns. I wouldn't need piles of mythics to do that, just a couple gloves.)

Anyway, I've said a dozen times i don't like the 63% odds for 5 Leg -> Myth and I wouldn't mind seeing 45+ fuse times a little shorter, but I'm still against drastic changes.

(Btw, my heroes are not decked out in full mythics and I don't have piles of high level mythics floating around. It's also pretty arbitrary to say all heroes need a full set of level 45+ mythics when so many fun skills are on level 8-30 items. ;) )

cc_Darkis wrote:Moving forward, on the things we can't do that is requested, we will be transparent on the why of it so there is a more open dialogue to changes.

Any chance we can get that sooner rather than later? I'm sure you're still busy with fallout from yesterday's adventures but I feel like the same couple suggestions come up again and again so it'd be nice to know which ones to lay to rest/how cloudcade views some of these.
Last edited by Kim! on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leggitte2

Postby Leggitte2 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:30 pm

I'd like to see an option to refuse items you get from quests. That's right: refuse.

My inventory clogs up with low level items which none of my customers can buy. All of them are gathered while doing low level quests, which are needed for most precrafts. After 2 or 3 weeks these items can take up several hundred inventory slots, and at 720 max. these slots are valuable. And it is very time consuming to move them all to the bin, as that is what I am doing with all items below 100K, regardless of quality.

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:25 pm

Wraith wrote:
Dastardlyone wrote:

You know what? Prices dropping wouldn't be a bad thing.

Older players who have been around since 2015 have an unfair monopoly on gems and mythicals. Nobody talks about it but it's true.

Gems are rare these days, drop rates of all kinds have decreased (drop rates for gold have increased)... Younger players still need to equip their heroes with mythicals for full energetic teams and such, meanwhile older players already have their teams set up. Older players are fusing mythicals all day to sell to younger players, and on the forums they often oppose any attempt to change fusion in a way that helps younger players.

This post makes me question your knowledge of end-game gem income, lvl 40+ mythic fusion, and gem availability for low level players.

Ronin
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Ronin » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:44 pm

Kim! wrote:Anyway, I've said a dozen times i don't like the 63% odds for 5 Leg -> Myth and I wouldn't mind seeing 45+ fuse times a little shorter, but I'm still against drastic changes.

Between items levels 10 and 49, fusion time increases on average 15.5% per level. For 49 to 50, though, it increases 70%. Not sure why this CC decided to have such a massive jump (or even if they put any thought into it), but I'd definitely support rebalancing fusion times for 50-55 to be in line with per level percentage increases for prior levels.

Tykus

Postby Tykus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 pm

The one thing that would really, really, really make my life easier without actually changing the game dynamics is an inventory search facility.

E.G fusing a level 40 common and looking to see what level 40 flawless I have available in stock instead of trawling through my whole inventory. I'm not interested in keeping spreadsheets and lists, I would rather just have the facility in game.

I'm no programmer but it can't be that hard to do?
:mrgreen:

Dastardlyone

Postby Dastardlyone » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:14 pm

All these abilities in game and yet only about half of them used. There is Archmage boosting spellcaster, but no equivalent for rogue/fighter. You have something similar sounding on rogue but requires leader & buffs the one character. Not missing much however as Archmage is pretty terrible, i've stacked it and it still doesnt do much.

Shadowstep, Strength boost skills, Resilient, lucky...not really worth the time mastering

Please dont even consider any nerfs to the better-than-all-the-other-skills later quests seem balanced around utilizing them.

There are three buffs: Strength, equipment strength and survival rate. Pretty confusing, seems that strength buffs only hero base power. Equipment strength buffs worn items and survival rate being king and buffing all.

Poison Lotus
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Poison Lotus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Leggitte2 wrote:I'd like to see an option to refuse items you get from quests. That's right: refuse.

Give us back the right to choose extra loots fix this problem too /wink!

Return to “General Discussion”