Free Forum Free opinions

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Iwillcraftyou1

Free Forum Free opinions

Postby Iwillcraftyou1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:10 am

I would like to discuss about Darkis our new CM , about what he did since he's in charge . obviously without flaming or baiting .
As for me ( i'm expressing my opinion and i'm free to do that following the rules ) Darkis you are trying to do your best , but you're at the same level as the previous CM Tadaaah . With all of this thread lock u are really annoying the forums . Anyone who expresses an opinion that YOU don't like , the thread gets locked . Personally I don't like it and i think a lot of YOUR CLIENTS ( i'm not even using word PLAYER ) are pissed of . Like before writing my opinion I should think how Darkis will interpretate that or if Darkis will like it , to not get banned . This is just ridiculous . You are just ruining the only place where all the players have the possibility to exchange opinions . Come on ... you locked how much threads ? 30 ? 40 ?
I just wrote my opinion , understand it as u want . If i'll get banned , just every my thoughts will be confirmed hehe . Cy@

IwillCraftYou

and I don't want to share lettuce .

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Free Forum Free opinions

Postby bloop » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:44 am

i see it as a a problem when there's literally 0 place to freely speak about the game.

lessons learned from chinese overlords

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:03 am

"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Decima
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Decima » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:04 am

Nobody told Darkis what he was really getting into when taking the job. :x

Iwillcraftyou1

Postby Iwillcraftyou1 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:16 am

hope to get an answer and not '' thread closed for negative speech '' as always

Speadie
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:27 am

Locking threads, chucking threats around. Seems someone has lost their cool recently. Being the connection between the development and the "clients" you would think they could handle the justified backlash when CC are dropping the ball.

Haze

Postby Haze » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:02 pm

I never blamed Taadah and I don't blame Darkis.

As CM's they are at the mercy of what the dev team or executives allow them to discuss. Unfortunately, the most recent truly big content patch we had was PVP last year (I don't consider things that are extensions of current gameplay to be "big" content, such as higher building levels, more raid rewards, 2 new inn quests, etc). Ever since that release it feels like they scrapped whatever was in the pipeline putting us many months away from anything significant.

What do you do as a CM at that point? With no new news to relate you can only ask for suggestions/feedback and Darkis has done that and now that months have passed since he started, the public pressure is mounting as we all want news of what's next and the timeline for that keeps slipping further away.

I'm not writing this to say that CC gets a pass but to point out that no CM has it easy here because the dev cycle is...I dunno, being rewritten frequently?

Hoping we can keep dialogue open and lighten up on the thread, player, and post bans.

-Haze

Cookie66
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Cookie66 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Iwillcraftyou1 wrote:I would like to discuss about Darkis our new CM , about what he did since he's in charge . obviously without flaming or baiting .
As for me ( i'm expressing my opinion and i'm free to do that following the rules ) Darkis you are trying to do your best , but you're at the same level as the previous CM Tadaaah . With all of this thread lock u are really annoying the forums . Anyone who expresses an opinion that YOU don't like , the thread gets locked . Personally I don't like it and i think a lot of YOUR CLIENTS ( i'm not even using word PLAYER ) are pissed of . Like before writing my opinion I should think how Darkis will interpretate that or if Darkis will like it , to not get banned . This is just ridiculous . You are just ruining the only place where all the players have the possibility to exchange opinions . Come on ... you locked how much threads ? 30 ? 40 ?
I just wrote my opinion , understand it as u want . If i'll get banned , just every my thoughts will be confirmed hehe . Cy@

IwillCraftYou

and I don't want to share lettuce .

+1000000000000000000000000000
Drunken Mayor of Phoenix Down...We troll for you to roll

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:05 pm

Hopefully I can get this cleared up for you and make a few things very clear as a whole as well.

“I would like to discuss about Darkis our new CM , about what he did since he's in charge . obviously without flaming or baiting .
As for me ( i'm expressing my opinion and i'm free to do that following the rules ) Darkis you are trying to do your best , but you're at the same level as the previous CM Tadaaah .”

That is baiting at it’s finest if I do say so myself and not to mention, you clearly do a Staff Call Out added with a bit of flaming as a topping for the discussion cake.

We both know this so I will go into it a bit to be transparent and really expand on everything possible.

It’s not allowed even more so with good intentions behind it.

I understand how frustrated everyone is with lack of updates to the game and even more so the “it’s coming, don’t worry” from our side.
I know this and I’m right there with you hand in hand on the front lines of the fight for change on this.

Let me make that clear again as my narrative hasn’t changed since day 1 with you guys, I’m on the same side and it’s unacceptable that we haven’t delivered on your expectations for the game.

I can not help what has happened in the past and everything with that, is out of my hands.

I’ve spent nearly 3 months listening and engaging with the Community in game, here on the forums, across all our platforms and of course, Discord.

Not to mention going through all the reviews from players over the past year and trying to address them in any way I can.

I’ve put together a lot of the feedback you’ve all taken the time to share and put it into some great documentation for the Team here at Cloudcade to learn from, understand what you guys are driving at and hopefully, implement the changes you want to see.

So much of it was amazing to see and some not so much (we are not adding in a 100% chance of gem packages to the wheel!) but, it was all very valuable to us and yes, you can even say it was long overdue that we did so.

I’ll apologize about that for the entire Team involved.

While doing the direct communication route with everyone, I’ve had to take an onslaught of negative criticism directed at the Company, Staff, Myself and our Game.

Thing is, that's completely acceptable when it is constructive and has a point. I would be freaking out if everything was sunshine and roses.

But, that’s not always the case and even more so over the last few months.

Insulting Staff isn’t going to be allowed any more. I came here and made a lot of exceptions due to how visible the frustration was from the community overall.

Insulting the Company outside of the normal, “Money Grabbers/P2W’’ has to stop as it serves absolutely no point in any discussions and only derails things.

The Tadaaah insults have to stop. It’s childish and using it every time someone is upset/venting to prove their perspective and agenda is just ridiculous.

“Anyone who expresses an opinion that YOU don't like , the thread gets locked . Personally I don't like it and i think a lot of YOUR CLIENTS ( i'm not even using word PLAYER ) are pissed of . Like before writing my opinion I should think how Darkis will interpretate that or if Darkis will like it , to not get banned . This is just ridiculous . You are just ruining the only place where all the players have the possibility to exchange opinions . Come on ... you locked how much threads ? 30 ? 40 ?”

I’m sorry you feel that way but that is not the case in the least. I locked two threads that had pretty much ran their course after being filled with things like this example:

“Money grab game , playing since september 2015 . CY@ folks .
bunch of liers and not competent people ^^ .”

That’s your own posting from the April patch notes which I allowed due to clearly seeing how unhappy you were with the game.

Not going to allow threads to be filled up with that stuff as I’ve made it clear already that it serves no point outside of letting us know you're upset...which you’ve already done.

My only other option is to enforce the rules that I’ve let everyone get away with following (except in extreme cases) for the longest grace period I’ve ever seen a Forum do.

I hate playing the Bad guy on that bit but, it happens.

Moving onto the next bit as it needs to be made clear in conjunction with everything I’ve already posted…

Requesting us to provide an in depth detailing of the inner workings at the Company is a BIG No-No.
Requesting Headcount and Personal information of who works where and what they are doing is a BIG No-No.

There is absolutely no reason to share this information and even more so, it has nothing to do with you playing the game, sharing your feedback and participating in various community events.

I shouldn’t have to step in to stop Witch Hunts against staff regardless if they Work in our Montreal Office or at the San Francisco Office.

That was a big part of the issues presented to me when I met with folks in Discord regarding the clear misunderstanding regarding fan creations.

viewtopic.php?f=10&p=42629&sid=72ba4474c3915285d0f4b8f527c29319#p42629

“******** - Yesterday at 2:47 PM
hi - you don't know me but i just want to say that i admire you so much for coming back to this chat despite how they talk to you and treat you in general.  they might be "smart" but they don't seem to understand that just because they have dropped some cash on this game, it doesn't give them the right to demand access to personal details about your office  or other staff menbers.  this is a business and no other business would disclose every single thing like they seem to want.
anyway just remember that these might be the most vocal, but there are plenty of other players (like me) who just enjoy the game and are having fun even tho we might not do a lot of posting at the forum or bragging/bullying in this chat.  stay strong!”

This is from a Player. Think about what they are saying for a second if you would humor me.

If the Company as a whole has something to share regarding Staffing, Projects and other important news, we will.

Until then, just enjoy the game and let us know what you think.

Now I’m going to address the other postings in this as well.

Bloops, you’ve been given countless warning officially and then some.

You have a constant flood of player complaints submitted to us here and to our Support Team about your behavior, your insults to the community members who don’t share your view and more so, to myself.

You’ve taken them to extreme levels from threats to other players to racist slurs tossed at Staff/Company.

It’s not being tolerated any more and sadly, I will have to enforce our ToS/Rules effective immediately in your matter.

I thank you for everything you’ve done with player information/guides and all the behind the scenes stats for folks spreadsheets.

Akerson,

Thanks as well and hopefully you continue being a positive aspect to our community and I can prove you wrong when it comes to updates to the game.

I appreciate you relinking that thread but it’s been 3 months give or take and that doesn’t allow folks to do the things they’ve done.

Being a frustrated players is not an excuse when it comes to insulting staff, threats and general disregard of the Forum Rules.

I would like to move on from this so I can push out our Update notes and also finish up the Company Message regarding what we have been doing behind the scenes regarding Shop Heroes and it’s Future.

Best,
Darkis

P.S With my posting on some Shop Heroes news, I'll make clear the Teebik theories that folks keep having.

P.P.S I appreciate those that are giving me a chance to deliver on their expectations and for the rest of the week I'll be working on getting some long delayed news out.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

KraJee

Postby KraJee » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:25 pm

Darkis, people have been lied to for a long time. The reason folks are asking about how many people are working on the game is because they can't reconcile that there have been virtually no content updates for so long with you telling us you have a massive team of developers. You come into discord and do things like this:

From 06/12/17:

From 06/21/17:

You sell things to people that are already disgruntled and then renege. People are trying to reconcile the double talk. That's all. I don't admire your for your petulance in discord either. I guess good on you for coming back, but you made such a big stink when you left basically saying you were going to keep all CC staff out of discord. Oddly enough some of the Canadian group was still there.

Regards,
-KraJee

Return to “General Discussion”