Darkis's "Around the Water Cooler'' Thread!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Master Builder 007

Re: Darkis's "Around the Water Cooler'' Thread!

Postby Master Builder 007 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:00 pm

Any news updates from around the water cooler, Darkis? I can be a patient man, but I would like to know if I'm waiting 1 month or 3 months.
It's already been a month since this was posted, which is fine. But can we get an update on the general progress? Have there been serious delays pushing the major game changes back for awhile? Communicate with us please :)

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:06 pm

Master Builder 007 wrote:Any news updates from around the water cooler, Darkis? I can be a patient man, but I would like to know if I'm waiting 1 month or 3 months.
It's already been a month since this was posted, which is fine. But can we get an update on the general progress? Have there been serious delays pushing the major game changes back for awhile? Communicate with us please :)

Good point! I've tossed a few comments here and there in other threads but so far.....no real update just yet. I've been sitting on what is planned for July's and Augusts update for about 3-4 weeks.

I'd share them out but have held off due to if something doesn't make the cut, it would just be disappointing for everyone.

I'm still aiming for pushing something out by this Friday, but I have a few other task to handle before then.

So, there might be a delay or I'll have to post pone until closer to time of the update. :(
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Cookie66
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Cookie66 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Funny how the delays keep happening every week. Just the same old CC bull. I'm sure there are things that have made the cut for July already. I have absolutely zero faith in how things are going.

We dont need images and all the cookie cutter bs. I'd be happy with a quick text wheel of gold fixed, this made it, this did not. But that is not the CC way. Keep the hope alive as long as possible to get more $$$.
Drunken Mayor of Phoenix Down...We troll for you to roll

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:05 pm

Cookie66 wrote:Funny how the delays keep happening every week. Just the same old CC bull. I'm sure there are things that have made the cut for July already. I have absolutely zero faith in how things are going.

We dont need images and all the cookie cutter bs. I'd be happy with a quick text wheel of gold fixed, this made it, this did not. But that is not the CC way. Keep the hope alive as long as possible to get more $$$.

Delays every week? Please clarify if you would as I've stated the Team is working on a JULY update followed by a August update. It's still June fyi.

Typically a game releases the update notes when the update rolls out. I'd rather not do that but... :roll:

I agree you don't need all the jazz when it comes to images and what not, but that other guy over there blasted staff last time when there wasn't and that person on Facebook was disappointed it was a wall of text which can mean anything...again.

That happens every time be it here on the forums, in game, or in Discord and then some. When text get's posted it get's claimed we have no proof it being worked on since we have nothing to show.

I understand being upset in a lot of your postings, as I'm sure you really do enjoy the game and I know it's frustrating as a player to not see the things you want coming in a timely manner.

I'll meet in the middle with you (and others) on this, if I can have some solid stuff set in stone by this Friday, I'll post things up even if they do not make it into the game, with or with out any images to go along with it.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D

Cookie66
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Cookie66 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Last week you said you would have something for us last friday. Then nothing.
Now after I post complaining after delay you change your tune.
While I appreciate it I have put over 2000 hours into this game since steam release and spent a decent amount of real money $$$and more than that since I used to play on facebook. I am sick of being told sorry we had a delay. If I did that in my job I would have been insta-fired!
Drunken Mayor of Phoenix Down...We troll for you to roll

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Cookie66 wrote:Last week you said you would have something for us last friday. Then nothing.

same story regarding notes for 3 weeks in a row.

don't worry there will be no content in the notes, just 2 packs and a roadmap full of more empty promises

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Cookie66 wrote:Last week you said you would have something for us last friday. Then nothing.
While I appreciate it I have put over 2000 hours into this game since steam release and spent a decent amount of real money $$$and more than that since I used to play on facebook. I am sick of being told sorry we had a delay. If I did that in my job I would have been insta-fired!

I made plenty of updates about that regardless if you wish to dismiss them or not. Your other option is just to wait until an update makes it into the game if that's what your wanting to push at? :?:

Delays happen and sorry, not going to post things if they weren't ready to be posted (though I'm going out on a limb already about this). Next time, I'll make sure not to mention stuff until everything is 100% and start talking about it if you like.

Let me know that way we can avoid further issues like this.

akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby akerson » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:36 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:

I made plenty of updates about that regardless if you wish to dismiss them or not. Your other option is just to wait until an update makes it into the game if that's what your wanting to push at? :?:

Delays happen and sorry, not going to post things if they weren't ready to be posted (though I'm going out on a limb already about this). Next time, I'll make sure not to mention stuff until everything is 100% and start talking about it if you like.

Let me know that way we can avoid further issues like this.

In an effort to be constructive --

This game, for months before you came, has always had a big "guys this is coming soon!!" associated with it. The last REAL content update (I'm not including the December two quests and a few new items as thats trivial) was PVP, which was a year and a half ago. You joined three months ago, on the back of Di posting about this new "golden age" of Shop heroes coming.

The growing perception is that's not happening, and montreal is working on something else entirely and the team you're hiring for SF is working on the next "______ Heroes" game. Every single thing from PVP release until now has pointed to cashing out on shop heroes. We don't want "previews" or "promises" or "roadmaps". We want content. And until that happens, there's literally no amount of hype you can generate to change that.
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 pm

While I certainly understand and share everyone's feelings on this.

My personal viewpoint has been: we've waited this long (1.5 years you say?), why not wait some more(<2 months?)? Stop falling for the cash grabs if you feel that's how they are acting. I have plenty of city mates telling me they won't buy packages due to this uncertainty and feeling of being taken advantage of.

To me, this is CC's last shot at redemption, they got a new CM, one who is asking for a LOT of feedback, pushing lots of events, etc.. This shows a small sign of good faith, he's marking July (no promise though) as the proof that they care. So in July we know if they truly care, or if they disappoint their entire community.

You don't have to keep spending money and feeling like you're being taken advantage of (which I think is where most of the hate is coming from). Only be patient.

Not sure why people are acting like he said something in June, when he clearly said July. You missed your chance to be outraged when he announced July.
Last edited by VeNoM0619 on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Niexist

Postby Niexist » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:01 pm

How sad, I took a month break playing other games and came to the forums expecting some new content, just more empty promises Dakris.

Return to “General Discussion”