"This Old Shop" Hero Edition! FB Contest Share!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: "This Old Shop" Hero Edition! FB Contest Share!

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu May 11, 2017 3:41 pm

VeNoM0619 wrote:Grats to both winners.

I personally don't enter contests that involve "show us your wealth" or "create a story", but that's just me. I prefer the light competitions (like the weekly raid challenges, but avoided the kill albert competition), but there should be something for everyone on the bartles test right? :P
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartle_taxonomy_of_player_types

Totally noted and many feel the same. I'm glad I have a pretty open event calendar with a lot of options. I'll talk to pixie and for next weeks raid, maybe we can have some added prizes from Us!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Sure, sounds good.

Might want to start a topic looking for event ideas (and ensure you don't mean "2x xp etc." type of events). I acknowledge the events I enjoy aren't for everyone. Some people enjoy "create a story". Some people enjoy ANY event as long as the reward pays out, just make sure to announce the reward at the start.

I will throw out some (probably failure) ideas:
PvP Victory - Screenshot you having 7/7 win streak (I could see some complaints however, but this is easy and anyone can get it)
Luckiest Fusion - Screenshot before/after fusion and success, getting anything with < 10% chance enters you.
High Hearts - Screenshot your highest heart cost of suggesting an item (I think I did 322).

I suppose one for fiction/story people would be:
Out of Context - Screenshot lines from NPCs in an order that could be taken out of context. Granted, I believe these story events usually have less participants, as they take more effort, so running them month long etc. would help.

And that's my poor 5 minute attempt at some ideas. I wouldn't run with them, but get further feedback. Enjoy.

Wraith

Postby Wraith » Thu May 11, 2017 10:41 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:Not really the Turn Out I expected here but owells! I'll credit you both a classy window and a toast rug! Wraith, shoot me over your code in a pm.

Thanks, I could really use more windows!

PM sent by the way :)

Return to “General Discussion”