CC, please impliment a mercy rule when opening boxes.

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: CC, please impliment a mercy rule when opening boxes.

Postby Shiroe » Sun May 07, 2017 5:16 am

VeNoM0619 wrote:I will also explain what I have read about their chest system here. There are 3 pools, each pool has its own odds
(NOT ACTUAL CHANCES: 20% Bp, 40% artifact, 40% item) These odds supposedly never change, you will always have those odds at pulling that category, regardless of how many bps you already have (because it does another roll to see which bp/quality item you have afterwards). So those odds are "set in stone".

Well, there's an exception to that rule. It shouldn't apply when you both have all blueprints of a chest and mastered all those blueprints of that chest. In that case you can neither get a new blueprint nor blueprint progress, so then that pool/bucket should switch to zero percent...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

inVoh
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby inVoh » Sun May 07, 2017 6:40 am

Some people open 3 in a row, some don't open one in 40. A mercy rule is simply to hedge against the extreme of not opening one in awhile. I feel 1/10 is too good considering some chests are 10-20% in bp rate. Maybe 1/25 would be more apt, but the whole point is to hedge against people having extremely poor luck and quitting. We don't even have concrete proof of how the algorithm works so it's hard to really examine and discuss what is appropriate. It would be nice if they would share this information like most other games operating in China have done.

I really don't know how lucky I am. I've opened 3bp's and a mythic from primals in my last 10 attempts since patch. Should I feel lucky (probably) or was I unlucky. I don't know! I don't use any superstitious methods but I did open 2 in a row.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Sun May 07, 2017 8:35 am

Shiroe wrote:
VeNoM0619 wrote:I will also explain what I have read about their chest system here. There are 3 pools, each pool has its own odds
(NOT ACTUAL CHANCES: 20% Bp, 40% artifact, 40% item) These odds supposedly never change, you will always have those odds at pulling that category, regardless of how many bps you already have (because it does another roll to see which bp/quality item you have afterwards). So those odds are "set in stone".

Well, there's an exception to that rule. It shouldn't apply when you both have all blueprints of a chest and mastered all those blueprints of that chest. In that case you can neither get a new blueprint nor blueprint progress, so then that pool/bucket should switch to zero percent...

True true, good catch. :D Know anyone who's at that point?

And, the only reason I adopted the "back to back" methodology, was after seeing a citymate get: 7 (I kid not) 7 in a row. The only thing I saw different was that she was using gems + having to stop and buy another chest on the market in between each. Ever since I adopted that technique, I've gotten 3 times of; 3 back to back... So, given that (anecdotal of course) evidence... I have to have some faith, right? :P

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Sun May 07, 2017 9:45 am

The pity rule would have to be tied always to a specific chest type but if it was based on what is the percentage chance of getting a bp Im pretty sure we would be able to figure out the drop rates eventually based on that. ;) If not that at least the aprox ratios between chests.

Im very much in favor of this being implemented since I was once very very close to quitting with 45 golden keys in and no bp to show for it.

The next one was Goddess Tear so yeah...

Return to “General Discussion”