It's Time to PvP! Or is it? You Decide!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

It's Time to PvP! Or is it? You Decide!

Postby cc_Darkis » Thu May 04, 2017 12:45 pm

Greetings Everyone,

I've read some of the complaints about the current PVP system in place (okay we actually have a fair bit in a lot of threads) and you know what, the Team feels the same way on many of the points.

But.....

We need more of it and we need it in a single dedicated thread so that overall it's easier to digest and even respond to :!:

One of the things I can share to kick start this conversation into overdrive, is that we do have a few things feature wise in regards to PVP in the works.

That being said, a part of this is structuring Event like Tournaments around PvP to add an extra element to the system in place currently, but also provide incentives to compete for the top rankings against your fellow Shop Masters. :o

That while sounds good still doesn't cover the base problems with PvP that I've seen you all complain about, so with that we would be adding more elements into it to help make not only the experience more exciting, but also have the actual set ups/battles be more dynamic overall.

These from what I know, this could be based around adding in random perks or abilities that you have seen tied to gear (maybe tied to fusion/random to have a greater effect on set ups player wide), but also the tournaments themselves would require careful planning of your heroes layout and just what sort of gear they can bring to the table.

It wouldn't be just some simple click n wait, rinse and repeat, in saying that, I already have that information available to me and it will be a pretty robust feature on the tournament side of things.

Okay so lets start! Thanks!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: It's Time to PvP! Or is it? You Decide!

Postby Feone » Thu May 04, 2017 12:57 pm

cc_Darkis wrote:One of the things I can share to kick start this conversation into overdrive, is that we do have a few things feature wise in regards to PVP in the works.

Yay more "things!"

------------------

My main issues with PVP:

Too much time fighting the interface. Allowing us to pre-configure teams (gear & skills) would save a LOT of time. Losing due to bad luck is also a lot less frustrating if it didn't take a few minutes of clicking menus first just to have to change everything again for the next fight.

Paying for extra fights is a pain, it really just makes the ranking completely meaningless. Only the last 30 mins count.

Late edit - Oh and those personal quests to unlock the skills are just awful. Seriously, losing access to heroes for a week just because of some shitty rng roll and being forced to risk that happening just so you can actually use your hero in pvp?

---------

Also I wonder how many people ended up at the first link instead of the second one (gm posted in chat) Not much difference between 0 and O ingame.

Bit.ly/2pdSF0N
Bit.ly/2pdSFON

I bet some algorithm somewhere is wondering why people suddenly like that picture so much :mrgreen:
Last edited by Feone on Thu May 04, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby Abqu » Thu May 04, 2017 12:58 pm

I know it's limited to a subset of players, but the final rush for spots in the last 10 minutes is really frustrating. The time zone preference is a major factor, and by targetting certain players and spending gems, you can make yourself and choose to ruin another. I know it's pvp, but that's a sore spot for quite a few.

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Thu May 04, 2017 1:04 pm

Change it, keep it the same, don't care. I autopilot to 4k+, then autopilot to the end of the season.

Master Builder 007

Postby Master Builder 007 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Anything to break the "rinse and repeat" cycle would be welcome. I love the idea of tournaments, especially if you could balance it so that lower level players can compete against other lower level players and give them something to hope for. That's something I would value. (I know this hasn't been new information feedback, but positive feedback counts for something.)

Is there an idea of the scale of the tournament or the prizes yet?

----------------------------------------------

I will second the feedback from Feone. It would be so much better if we could pre-set a few different teams (heroes in a set position with gear and ability). That would save a considerable amount of time.

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Thu May 04, 2017 1:13 pm

You really hit the nail on the head already. Click start, click skip, click start, click skip. Sort of pointless in my opinion, so adding more to it could really be great.

I like the idea of tournaments but I feel like tournaments need to have some sort of bracketing. I.E. so players other than the top 10 every single season, have a chance at winning. It wouldn't work very well being based around player level, because anyone could make a new account, stop leveling their shopkeeper and steamroll (Twinking).
I would suggest basing it off of total team power. Ex. My team is currently at 41.7k, 26.25k, 35.9k, 32k, and 32.3k approximately. Thats a total of about 168k power. If the brackets were divided in 10k increments (this would be way too many, but just for example) I would be at the high end of the 160k-170k bracket. If they were in 20k increments (I still think that's too many brackets) I would be near the middle in terms of power, of the 160k-180k bracket. If the brackets were 50k increments, I Would be near the bottom of 150k-200k. This would encourage me to find a way to drop 19k power so I could be competitive (similar to a boxer dropping weight so they don't get pummled by someone twice their size).

Adding pvp abilities to items sounds very fun to me, but it would have to be done carefully. Having every single hero with 10 arena abilities would get very difficult in terms of balance.

Outside of that, I really don't know a lot about the pvp system... so... /endpost

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:14 pm

The reasons why I never took pvp serious:

Too much randomness (30% procs etc.) feels like the strategy is not there. For example:Image
1 in 5 matches Minh will be useful. That's 1 character spot wasted for a 1 in 5 chance.

Too many required fights (10 per day), makes me want to just complete them as quick as possible. If we were given 10 attempts per day (none of this 8 hour refill stuff), and only needed 3 per bag. I might take it a little more seriously. Personally, taking more than 10-30 minutes on a subfeature of the game is too much.

That's just on the surface, but as others noted, if I took it serious, I guarantee that "last minute rush" before rankings close would be annoying too. Because then you are forcing people to schedule their life around a very specific timeframe each month

Hiws
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Hiws » Thu May 04, 2017 1:54 pm

I personally gave up on Arena months ago.
Skipping through some menus for some (most likely shitty) reward, just isn't worth bothering with.
So I would actually prefer if you just left Arena as it is.
I feel like it would require too much reworking to be worth changing.

I'd much rather the resources be spent on new features instead,
which could still be some sort of PvP event since some people want that.

Terrorfreak

Postby Terrorfreak » Thu May 04, 2017 2:00 pm

Hi

Please dont Change the arena because i like it just the way it is . Dont destroy the System. The best thing about this game is that you can do all with skills and strategy. You dont need p2w or packages to Win or to play good. The game was always about skills and how you combined that . And arena is the Same my heros for arena Are only 40-50k but i win against 80-100k only with the correct setting against the oppennent. With strategy you can win . Sure there is a lot of Players that only push fight and Skip and with over 50% lose if you do that. But we have the Option to switch the heros and Sets from oppennent to oppennent to win 90% of the fights.

Sry for my english it's a time ago that i wrote in english.

Wraith

Postby Wraith » Thu May 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Feone wrote:Too much time fighting the interface. Allowing us to pre-configure teams (gear & skills) would save a LOT of time. Losing due to bad luck is also a lot less frustrating if it didn't take a few minutes of clicking menus first just to have to change everything again for the next fight.

Paying for extra fights is a pain, it really just makes the ranking completely meaningless. Only the last 30 mins count.

Late edit - Oh and those personal quests to unlock the skills are just awful. Seriously, losing access to heroes for a week just because of some shitty rng roll and being forced to risk that happening just so you can actually use your hero in pvp?

I agree with this.

For the personal quests, I don't want them to be removed because it's fun making your heroes progress like that, but I'd like them to be shorter (3 hours should be the maximum).

Return to “General Discussion”