Discord

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Discord

Postby Abqu » Wed May 03, 2017 12:39 pm

bloop wrote:i have made 0 decisions based on things darkis has said in discord, that says a lot, just ask abqu how much i speculate

yeah, that's what he charges me for

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed May 03, 2017 12:41 pm

Yeah Kim, I can get a thread up like that for stuff like that if that helps folks.

Event Time I said should be midnight as that's when the day is over, I it didn't really get extended as I just left it on as I was unable to set a 'turn off at this time' switch lol.

And noted on your last bit, nothing so far has really come out that way but yeah. I understand.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Wed May 03, 2017 12:48 pm

RE Events. HelloMeowKitty from world chat asked me to send a suggestion that they should have timers like packs do.

internetz
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby internetz » Wed May 03, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't see where the problem is with discord. There's no app to install (unless you want to); the server can be visited from any browser. I'm not sure what level of verification the server needs, but it's likely only email verification, so make an account with a burner email if you're worried about spam; although in my experience, discord doesn't send out any spam.
If you got banned from the server, then you could just make a new account (but please don't use this for trolling/flaming/etc)
Unlike facebook/twitter, discord doesn't ask you for your phone number or other personally identifying information, and it's a more intimate setting than a forum, which makes it ideal for actual personal-level interaction with the CM/other players. And unlike the line chat rooms that people use, the discord server is publicly available to all players, so, like the forums, it is an ideal place to release new info about the game. Anything "set in stone" should be released on the forums/ other platforms, of course, but for "teasing ideas" / speculation, discord seems to be an ideal, all inclusive environment.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:40 pm

You might see it that way, but not everyone does.

Also: "Know your audience" is a mantra I like to give when it comes to any form of communication. In this case, its more like "know your medium".

Forums are for slower/organized responses, with permanence (think newspaper)
Discord is more like a chat room, with a lot less permanence (think phone call)

Add in the fact, that discord isn't official (not advertised in game). This is essentially the reason this is getting blown out of proportion... or.. maybe wednesday is drama day.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri May 05, 2017 11:30 am

"Folks are not always going to see eye to eye with me on all sorts of things and vice versa. Not going to be the end of the world!"

So in light of that, looking the thread and I implore folks to read my comments. Best!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Return to “General Discussion”