Discord

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
VeNoM0619
"Good" Mastery Member

Re: Discord

Postby VeNoM0619 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:22 am

This looks like its about to get heated real quickly.

Lets all calm down.

Darkis realized and admitted his mistake(s). You got your point across.

Give him a break, I'm sure hes dealing with a lot more today as its patch day, but no need to keep this going.

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Wed May 03, 2017 9:30 am

The forums are the most logical place for all official information.

Easily searched, from both search engines and the overview page in general. Plenty of options for images, formatting and otherwise controlling what is shown where.

Facebook isn't very searchable (won't really show up much on google results, and all the other facebook crap will make it hard to find anything really.)
Discord isn't publicly searchable at all.
Nothing ingame is particularly persistent when it comes to info or news.

Forum is just the best place :)

Of course putting it everywhere is even better.
Last edited by Feone on Wed May 03, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed May 03, 2017 9:40 am

aks47u wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:Just about everything I share on an active discord chat that has some very vocal folks, makes it's way around the network sooner or later.

That's no excuse for you posting anything official through unofficial channels. This is the companies official forum, this is where things should be posted first.

I think I can be the guy that decides that right? :P

If I share it here it's official you bet, but if I say something in passing on anther platform that has a audience, I have wiggle room.

I'm going to point this out for everyone, we have more than 1 (ONE) platform to communicate on. You will be very surprised to hear that the forums are not the most popular spot when it comes to discussions or the place folks go to get news.

I'm going to do my best to hit out at every channel I possibly can and sometimes that might not jive with your preferences, but I can do my best to avoid that when possible.

And why is no one giving Steam Forums any love? They've had no communication for the longest and that is an Official Forum.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Feone

Postby Feone » Wed May 03, 2017 9:45 am

cc_Darkis wrote:And why is no one giving Steam Forums any love? They've had no communication for the longest and that is an Official Forum.

Steam community is usually such a toxic cesspool I don't find it surprising everyone tries their best to avoid it :mrgreen:

aks47u
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby aks47u » Wed May 03, 2017 9:46 am

cc_Darkis wrote:If I share it here it's official you bet, but if I say something in passing on anther platform that has a audience, I have wiggle room.

Fair enough, but loot roll mechanics and patch notes belong to an official channel.

cc_Darkis wrote:I'm going to point this out for everyone, we have more than 1 (ONE) platform to communicate on.

And isn't Discord run by Richard and not CloudCade?

cc_Darkis wrote:And why is no one giving Steam Forums any love? They've had no communication for the longest and that is an Official Forum.

Because they were abandoned right from the start, I'm gonna blame the previous CM for that one.

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Wed May 03, 2017 9:49 am

Narky. People on discord love it cos u release info to them. People not on discord won't like it. People shouldn't be expected to join discord for info nor wait to hear it from third parties. Don't attack me for saying what others tell me.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed May 03, 2017 9:58 am

I haven't if I recall, shared anything about loot roll mechanics? That was a discussion but nothing official or even remotely to it. If anything, it was a lot of guess work on everyone's part including my own as I am a player.

@Speadie, totally understand but someone commenting back at you isn't going to be attacking if it isn't what you want to hear.

No one has to join discord, or any other place they don't wish to and it still won't change the part you seem to be picking at.

Next I take it, I'll have to be on at a set time in game to share news in case someone from a time zone that is typically asleep, misses out. :?:

If I had my way, I could post things up via in game and that would be another way to get the word out on stuff as regardless of the channel, in game has all our audience.

But that is not the case atm and anything there, also has to be translated for everyone.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sumolix » Wed May 03, 2017 10:00 am

If I share it here it's official you bet, but if I say something in passing on anther platform that has a audience, I have wiggle room.

I'm going to point this out for everyone, we have more than 1 (ONE) platform to communicate on. You will be very surprised to hear that the forums are not the most popular spot when it comes to discussions or the place folks go to get news.

You are committing the same mistakes as the previous GM. That is obvious to me and to everyone.
You are starting to create bonds with the same elite of players that had those bonds with Tadaah (the previous GM) and are the only ones here that think she was good.
By failing to admit that what you did was wrong and trying to defend it by trying to blame someone else that simply stated what you were doing, you are becoming a bad GM which is a shame because you started very well.

It is obvious for everyone that game information should be posted in official information platforms and not in a player controlled platform that has its own player made rules and where only a few players decide who can or not access it.

My advice to you is start detaching yourself from the elite and stop giving them privileged information that other will only get later on because you are treating this elite group of players like they are the great players of this game with events that are only used to glorify those same players. That is what infuriates the rest of the community that are not part of that elite.

Only by treating everyone equal will you succeed. Having preferences for some players is what got the other GM kicked by CC.

And why is no one giving Steam Forums any love? They've had no communication for the longest and that is an Official Forum.

I thought this was your job?

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Wed May 03, 2017 10:29 am

Sumolix wrote:

You are committing the same mistakes as the previous GM. That is obvious to me and to everyone.
You are starting to create bonds with the same elite of players that had those bonds with Tadaah (the previous GM) and are the only ones here that think she was good.
By failing to admit that what you did was wrong and trying to defend it by trying to blame someone else that simply stated what you were doing, you are becoming a bad GM which is a shame because you started very well.

It is obvious for everyone that game information should be posted in official information platforms and not in a player controlled platform that has its own player made rules and where only a few players decide who can or not access it.

My advice to you is start detaching yourself from the elite and stop giving them privileged information that other will only get later on because you are treating this elite group of players like they are the great players of this game with events that are only used to glorify those same players. That is what infuriates the rest of the community that are not part of that elite.

Only by treating everyone equal will you succeed. Having preferences for some players is what got the other GM kicked by CC.

I thought this was your job?

Alrighty, hopefully I get everything sorted out as this issue is been blown way out of proportion in my honest opinion.

It's part of my job to communicate and engage with you guys period. I will do that in every place I possibly can with as much bandwidth as possible regardless if some folks feel slighted. I can't help that bit.

Please note I am only a guest in Discord and for the most part you can say it's a courtesy overall in that regard.

"You are committing the same mistakes as the previous GM. That is obvious to me and to everyone.
You are starting to create bonds with the same elite of players that had those bonds with Tadaah (the previous GM) and are the only ones here that think she was good."

I'm creating bonds with everyone....to an extent. Break the rules, derail the discussion etc, I can't protect you.

No one is Elite so I can't agree with that as a point at all and I don't think you should be putting that label to folks as you could easily twist things if I started posting anything on 'X' place that made you feel slighted.

"By failing to admit that what you did was wrong and trying to defend it by trying to blame someone else that simply stated what you were doing, you are becoming a bad GM which is a shame because you started very well."

Have you read my postings in the full context of them yet? I don't think so.

Folks are not always going to see eye to eye with me on all sorts of things and vice versa. Not going to be the end of the world!

Your last bit, unfounded, I don't see anyone calling me out for sharing information for things in game that I haven't shared on other places...my point being, folks are trying to make this one sided and more or less, all about me type of issue.

I hope that came across right^^

Hiws

Postby Hiws » Wed May 03, 2017 10:46 am

Return to “General Discussion”