Discord

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Speadie
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Discord

Postby Speadie » Wed May 03, 2017 4:17 am

Ok Im going to upset people, again, but im relaying other peoples views (gets me in trouble a lot but someone gotta say it)...

Many people dont like the fact that game information is being leaked/released on Discord, patch notes, snippets, hints and data etc.

They also think that the new CM is getting influenced by certain players in the game that are on there.

I joined Discord not long ago to check it out and I personally can confirm this.

People understand the need for an official forum like this but for ANOTHER outside game chat app to take preference over in game and forum announcements is really annoying people and they dont see it as fair.

Dont shoot the messenger (although this messenger agrees) :-)

aks47u

Re: Discord

Postby aks47u » Wed May 03, 2017 4:20 am

I right there with you on this. This is the games Official forum, this is where loot roll info, patch notes, etc should be posted.

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sumolix » Wed May 03, 2017 4:51 am

I have been removed from the discord group months ago because the moderator there did not agree with my views, so it is a shame that this platform is getting privileged access to information when I cant even access it.

It is even worse to know that players that excluded me from that part of the community are influencing the GM.

It is fine if the GM wants to wonder there, but he has to remember that that is a place not moderated by CC, it is a player moderated chat, so only people that they like, and that they then go on to use them as cheerleaders whenever they have to say something, are allowed there.

Things might look all good and fine there, but discord community is in my opinion one of the worse in this game.
They will suck all the information from the GM by being "nice" to him, then they will brag about it with people from their towns and then they let the GM go down because of it.

It is funny to note that it is the same place where TAdaah used to spend most of her time.
Another funny thing to note is that the player that has probably leaked the info is the "Player of the Month", who is the one responsible for Discord chat.

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Wed May 03, 2017 5:30 am

Sumolix wrote:I have been removed from the discord group months ago because the moderator there did not agree with my views, so it is a shame that this platform is getting privileged access to information when I cant even access it.

It is even worse to know that players that excluded me from that part of the community are influencing the GM.

It is fine if the GM wants to wonder there, but he has to remember that that is a place not moderated by CC, it is a player moderated chat, so only people that they like, and that they then go on to use them as cheerleaders whenever they have to say something, are allowed there.

Things might look all good and fine there, but discord community is in my opinion one of the worse in this game.
They will suck all the information from the GM by being "nice" to him, then they will brag about it with people from their towns and then they let the GM go down because of it.

It is funny to note that it is the same place where TAdaah used to spend most of her time.
Another funny thing to note is that the player that has probably leaked the info is the "Player of the Month", who is the one responsible for Discord chat.

you got banned for being an asshat, nothing less

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sumolix » Wed May 03, 2017 5:43 am

bloop wrote:
Sumolix wrote:I have been removed from the discord group months ago because the moderator there did not agree with my views, so it is a shame that this platform is getting privileged access to information when I cant even access it.

you got banned for being an asshat, nothing less

The point I am trying to make is, I am an asshat here, and I don't get banned.

zthen

Postby zthen » Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 am

if information is making it to other non-official channels rather then their official forums and Facebook page then it's messed up and the flow of information needs to get fixed. That being said, this really doesn't bother me unless the information could give an unfair advantage to players such as advance notice of special events or changes that affect game play.

Tkshowers
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Tkshowers » Wed May 03, 2017 6:01 am

I don't know about information, but through discord I did get into the SH Farm Expansion. Finally maxed out my wind mill and got the Don Quixote hero! Now I am unstoppable in the Harvest Festival Jousting Tourny. I hope I don't lose my progress when it is release. Worst part of testing.

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Wed May 03, 2017 6:03 am

I'm on both and I don't believe discord is getting preferential access. I believe Darkis is trying his best to reach out to the community as you can see in the various poll threads of Darkis asking for input on various areas. With the previous CM I felt like she didn't care at all, and it didn't look like she was voicing our concerns for the game to the development team.

However I do agree that any information leaked on discord should be posted ASAP to the forums in regards to future updates/patch content.

Speadie

Postby Speadie » Wed May 03, 2017 6:06 am

Pack notes were posted on Discord, followed by a comment saying these will not be posted on forum. This is just a small part. CM should be impartial. That being said, I'm not sure who is using who on there.

Dred0
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Dred0 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:47 am

Pack notes were added in the forum hours ago. While I agree that the forum should be the place everything is said, it hasn't been for ages, Facebook usually being the main villain. You really shouldn't be spreading unsubstantiated rumours about the CM, especially as it they'll be in bed at this time. Discord has a chat log, you have copied no evidence from it, and all I see on there is a community manager interacting with the community. I think it's possible to ask a person to ensure all official information ends up on the forum without slandering them.

Return to “General Discussion”