China's new loot table requirements.

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: China's new loot table requirements.

Postby Feone » Tue May 02, 2017 6:56 am

I doubt they want to lose the load of chinese players either.

Then again.. webGL is still a mess (So the vast majority of the browser players will be crashing constantly.) and the server has issues every weekend too so losing players doesn't appear to be something they care about much.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue May 02, 2017 7:05 am

Feone wrote:Then again.. webGL is still a mess (So the vast majority of the browser players will be crashing constantly.)

Can't blame them too much for that... Would probably have been hard to predict back in 2015 that Firefox would scrap NPAPI (Unity Webplayer) in 2017 _and_ that Unity still wouldn't have their WebGL export up to scratch by that time...

Hmm, wondering if physical collectable cardgames also fall under such laws and need to publish drop lists for their packs...
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Feone

Postby Feone » Tue May 02, 2017 7:41 am

Shiroe wrote:
Feone wrote:Then again.. webGL is still a mess (So the vast majority of the browser players will be crashing constantly.)

Can't blame them too much for that... Would probably have been hard to predict back in 2015 that Firefox would scrap NPAPI (Unity Webplayer) in 2017 _and_ that Unity still wouldn't have their WebGL export up to scratch by that time...

Hmm, wondering if physical collectable cardgames also fall under such laws and need to publish drop lists for their packs...

A cursory google search suggests there are in fact things they can do to alleviate those issues. None of the patch notes have contained even the smallest clue that they have tried to improve anything. (Nor has the performance)

Not caring about it and/or Having fired/reassigned all the devs is the likely situation.

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:32 am

Most unity games were developed before some of the webGL improvements too however.
So taking advantage of the webGL 2.0 would require them upgrading unity (which if they went to 5.x+) may cause lots of struggles, but webGL 2.0 was introduced in 5.5 (which was early this year). I don't know how old shop heroes is, but I guarantee they aren't using a 5.x version.

EVEN then, webGL still isn't fully implemented/supported. Based on their roadmap https://unity3d.com/unity/roadmap Multi-threading and SIMD efficiency improvements aren't even in. Either Unity doesn't care much about it, or it's been a big hassle for them to implement webGL.

Heck, I just found out that the CharacterControllers were broken in 5.3+, and were never really "supported" by Unity, just a hacky piece of code they were given and thrown in.

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 am

Feone wrote:
Shiroe wrote:

A cursory google search suggests there are in fact things they can do to alleviate those issues. None of the patch notes have contained even the smallest clue that they have tried to improve anything. (Nor has the performance)

Not caring about it and/or Having fired/reassigned all the devs is the likely situation.

Devs are currently working on a new mobile card game with the Shop Heroes IP characters. They are using $$$ generated by Shop Heroes to fund the game and making minimal updates to keep players playing.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue May 02, 2017 9:48 am

Hey guys,

Lets take a step back overall in this stuff until I have a nice sit down for things.

As for the dropping suppprt etc, that is just straight up misinformation and I will give a soft warning now about continuing to slam that bit on the boards.

As for other projects, we do have some in the works but different Team compared the the ones working on getting Shop Heroes back on Track.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Niexist

Postby Niexist » Sun May 07, 2017 1:01 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Hey guys,

Lets take a step back overall in this stuff until I have a nice sit down for things.

As for the dropping suppprt etc, that is just straight up misinformation and I will give a soft warning now about continuing to slam that bit on the boards.

As for other projects, we do have some in the works but different Team compared the the ones working on getting Shop Heroes back on Track.

Cloudcade only has 1 game, and at the moment the playerbase appears pretty upset. Is it really a good idea to be dumping much needed resources into other projects?

inVoh

Postby inVoh » Sun May 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Niexist wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:Hey guys,

Cloudcade only has 1 game, and at the moment the playerbase appears pretty upset. Is it really a good idea to be dumping much needed resources into other projects?

Game is approaching 2 years old. A game development company isn't wise to put all their eggs in 1 basket. Eventually Shop Heroes will no longer net a return for them, so there is incentive to either make sequels/new games to further grow the company. While it may not be in our best interest for cloudcade to divert resources to other projects, it is in their best interest to do so.

To be honest Shop Heroes is a niche product that has no clone/likeness on the app store for mobile games, so it should retain a lot of it's playerbase. It also has a unique art style which should prove the game still looks fresh and new for years to come. I hope CC realizes this and tries to market the game more aggressively especially after the new big patch they are planning this Q2.

aldotengnb2

Postby aldotengnb2 » Mon May 15, 2017 8:25 pm

inVoh wrote:To be honest Shop Heroes is a niche product that has no clone/likeness on the app store for mobile games, so it should retain a lot of it's playerbase. It also has a unique art style which should prove the game still looks fresh and new for years to come. I hope CC realizes this and tries to market the game more aggressively especially after the new big patch they are planning this Q2.

Oh God, thank you for this. I like SH, and got so bored by it eventually I tried to find a similar game to no avail. So I'm back to a certain extent - furtively waiting for anything exciting in future, but resigned to the understanding that it may never come.
I mean, I'm sure there are other similar willing-to-pay players around since there is no direct competition to this niche product, so I hope CC would just pay attention to that.

xilr01

Postby xilr01 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:39 am

As a person with very strong libertarian leanings I oppose almost all government regulations. As a person that has watched gaming go from a cheap hobby (maybe $15 a month for a MMO) to an uber expensive hobby requiring wheelbarrels full of money (read: almost all "free" to play games) I have to support forcing companies to come clean with their odds.

I think most F2P companies would make their odds more favorable if they had to admit just how outrageous the price on things really are.

Return to “General Discussion”