Player of the Month Criticism

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm
Location: Scotland

Player of the Month Criticism

Postby Sumolix » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:02 am

I would like to start this post by thanking all of you that nominated me as Player of the Month, but because no one did I will just complain and trash the event.

It is a good event and good Idea to nominate a player of the month here in the forum, however, tread carefully as this forum only considers part of the community that is the English speaking community mainly composed of USA and Canadian players.

Do not forget that the game has 10 other languages with their own ingame chats that translate in 10 other communities.

From those other communities I have seen players that help a lot there, producing their own spreadsheets in their own languages, their own tutorials and videos. If you check steam client you will see many there, in different languages.
A few days ago I went to check if there were any streamings of Shop Heroes and there was only 1 German guy streaming live. I did not understand anything of what he said but I still enjoyed watching him for an hour.

I still think that having a exclusive English forum is a bad idea for the game as it tends to kill the other communities that do not get a chance to participate in events like this one "player of the month"

At least if you are going to make events like that make sure you specify that it's for the English community as players from other communities who also help a lot get no nominations because they are not known to this community.

Never the less I think events like this are good but may become bad if things like these are not taken into consideration. People from this forum tend to think that they are the only ones that play this game.
Last edited by Sumolix on Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby Abqu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:30 am

Sumolix wrote:I would like to start this post by thanking all of you that nominated me as Player of the Month, but because no one did I will just complain and trash the event.

It is a good event and good Idea to nominate a player of the month here in the forum, however, tread carefully as this forum only considers part of the community that is the English speaking community mainly composed of USA and Canadian players.

Do not forget that the game has 10 other languages with their own ingame chats that translate in 10 other communities.

From those other communities I have seen players that help a lot there, producing their own spreadsheets in their own languages, their own tutorials and videos. If you check steam client you will see many there, in different languages.
A few days ago I went to check if there were any streamings of Shop Heroes and there was only 1 German guy streaming live. I did not understand anything of what he said but I still enjoyed watching him for an hour, may feel that they are neglected.

I still think that having a exclusive English forum is a bad idea for the game as it tends to kill the other communities that do not get a chance to participate in events like this one "player of the month"

At least if you are going to make events like that make sure you specify that it's for the English community as players from other communities who also help a lot get no nominations because they are not known to this community.

Never the less I think events like this are good but may become bad if things like these are not taken into consideration. People from this forum tend to think that they are the only ones that play this game.


I think your point would be more well-received if you edited out some of the negativity. Your constructive points are important, but they're overshadowed by the unconstructive elements.

User avatar
akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby akerson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:38 am

Abqu wrote:
Sumolix wrote:Your constructive points are important.


That's a stretch.

#1 Feel free to host your own event for other languages (I'm sure darkis would love the help)
#2 No one is stopping them from joining in
#3 The event caters towards the community it involves, which is not the international community. You can't reach every demographic.
#4 It was a small thing for fun, no reason to be mean about it. No one's forced to participate.
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby Sumolix » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:44 am

What I mean is, it's fine that these kind of events are done here in this forum. There was never a support out of the game for other communities other than that that is done by the communities themselves, so I was not expecting for it to start now.

I was alerting to not make the mistake of advertising the winner of this event ingame and his prizes cause it could backfire for the reasons I mentioned above.

Keeping the event restricted just to the people in this forum would be fine, however it would certainly not be the player of the month, it would be the player of the month of this forum.

Funny how the ones that want to discredit my post are the nominees for the prize :lol:

So said Sumolix, son of Sumolix

Tkshowers
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:53 am

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby Tkshowers » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:26 am

First, the people who responded to your post did so because they are active on the forum in which you posted. Second, part of the reason they were nominated for the contest on this forum was because they are active on the forum.

Reach out to Darkis and offer to help run something where you think it is appropriate, he wants to get people involved.

User avatar
Abqu
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 954
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:39 pm

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby Abqu » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:35 am

Sumolix wrote:Funny how the ones that want to discredit my post are the nominees for the prize :lol:


I wasn't trying to discredit anything; I was trying to help you refine your points so that it doesn't devolve into petty name calling.

User avatar
akerson
"Flawless" Mastery Member
Posts: 383
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby akerson » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:49 am

Abqu wrote:
Sumolix wrote:Funny how the ones that want to discredit my post are the nominees for the prize :lol:


Yeah I'm really hoping it plays into next month's nomination, I think it may give me the boost I need to pass Abqu
"I believe the forum ban was deserved, as he has been out of line, and warned.

I believe a permanent game ban was out of line."

-Abqu

User avatar
bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member
Posts: 589
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:55 am

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby bloop » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:00 am

why isn't akerson an honorary member? i agree with sumolix. windows is a good operating system but 10 is far too invasive.
Image

User avatar
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff
Posts: 234
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby cc_Darkis » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:04 am

Sumolix wrote:
1)Do not forget that the game has 10 other languages with their own ingame chats that translate in 10 other communities.

2)From those other communities I have seen players that help a lot there, producing their own spreadsheets in their own languages, their own tutorials and videos. If you check steam client you will see many there, in different languages.


3) At least if you are going to make events like that make sure you specify that it's for the English community as players from other communities who also help a lot get no nominations because they are not known to this community.



Not an easy topic for discussion as you already hit the nail on the head, this is an English based forum.....for now.

Let's start with #1:

Doing my homework and getting ready to take on this role here for Shop Heroes, that did STAND out to me. The lack of dedicated forums or even sections for those who are not English sticks out like a very sore thumb.

I've not forgotten them in the least.

In fact, I need them to come alive and be apart of the community here and as such, I am working on getting that taken care of so they can do just that.

And #2

I've seen that myself and I think they should have the spotlight shinned on them for everything they do. I've been a fan of the player since day one and that will always stay true.

You guys have made it really easy to engage with and more so, want to be a big part of your experience with the game.

I'm working to get steam taken care of as they haven't had a real presence from us since, like, the greenlight. Not cool IMHO. Not cool at all.


Lastly #3

Thing is, I don't think it matters what language they are for player of the month. If 20 postings showed up in French nominating players, you bet I'm going to count those and get them translated so I will understand and can relate that back to the community as a whole.

I do need help, by far and as I said before, I'm working to get that taken care of.

My goal is to get a real program together that allows amazing folks (and very brave ones!) to become Jr Game Masters or Forum Shop Masters (we can play with the names when the time comes).

They would be the folks that help me manage say the German threads and Community, the French and the Russian and so on. That's the only solution that makes sense to myself at the moment and it also, gets the community involved.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Sumolix
"Great" Mastery Member
Posts: 198
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm
Location: Scotland

Re: Player of the Month Criticism

Postby Sumolix » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:09 am

cc_Darkis wrote:
Sumolix wrote:
1)Do not forget that the game has 10 other languages with their own ingame chats that translate in 10 other communities.

2)From those other communities I have seen players that help a lot there, producing their own spreadsheets in their own languages, their own tutorials and videos. If you check steam client you will see many there, in different languages.


3) At least if you are going to make events like that make sure you specify that it's for the English community as players from other communities who also help a lot get no nominations because they are not known to this community.



Not an easy topic for discussion as you already hit the nail on the head, this is an English based forum.....for now.

Let's start with #1:

Doing my homework and getting ready to take on this role here for Shop Heroes, that did STAND out to me. The lack of dedicated forums or even sections for those who are not English sticks out like a very sore thumb.

I've not forgotten them in the least.

In fact, I need them to come alive and be apart of the community here and as such, I am working on getting that taken care of so they can do just that.

And #2

I've seen that myself and I think they should have the spotlight shinned on them for everything they do. I've been a fan of the player since day one and that will always stay true.

You guys have made it really easy to engage with and more so, want to be a big part of your experience with the game.

I'm working to get steam taken care of as they haven't had a real presence from us since, like, the greenlight. Not cool IMHO. Not cool at all.


Lastly #3

Thing is, I don't think it matters what language they are for player of the month. If 20 postings showed up in French nominating players, you bet I'm going to count those and get them translated so I will understand and can relate that back to the community as a whole.

I do need help, by far and as I said before, I'm working to get that taken care of.

My goal is to get a real program together that allows amazing folks (and very brave ones!) to become Jr Game Masters or Forum Shop Masters (we can play with the names when the time comes).

They would be the folks that help me manage say the German threads and Community, the French and the Russian and so on. That's the only solution that makes sense to myself at the moment and it also, gets the community involved.


That's all great ideas and I hope you can do it.

PS: I know french votes would count, but many french people can't read English so they wouldn't even know what your event meant.


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Poison Lotus and 2 guests

©2015 Cloudcade, Inc. All Rights Reserved.