SH is in serious need of a revamp

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Re: SH is in serious need of a revamp

Postby Feone » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Yea the grips are an interesting print. Horribly difficult to craft but a really good skill, good power and a nice slot at a managable quality level. Not worth the cost of the pack of course, but taken on its own there isn't anything wrong with it imo.

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:17 am

i crafted 50 grips to master it, i don't recall buying any from the TH, maybe 3-5 flawless. i have 3 leg and 5 epic. you guys are absolutely god awful at making fuses it seems. i look forward to any fusion buffs that make the game slightly easier for you and infinitely easier for me. :lol:

Lionstar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:44 am

The normal fusing rules do not apply to you...

Still trying to wrap my head around how you produce all those legs for myth fusions. = ]

Brutal

Postby Brutal » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:19 pm

Hiws wrote:
inVoh wrote:I don't agree with this at all. If there are no skill requirements at mythical then there is simply no reason to get mythical items outside of PvP. There needs to be long term goals in this game or people who have played this game for years will run out of things to do. If I have my perfect teams all legendary gear and 50k gems with nothing to improve upon... do you think I'll keep playing? No. I enjoy that there is still more to do.

Gotta agree here.
Mythical required for skills on high level items is a good thing. They should be difficult to get.
However, I do feel like the skills need to be a bit more rewarding at item level 50+. A lot of them seem so lacking.

Well, this is flawed reasoning if Ive ever seen it. I craft Items to mythical even if the requirement is flawless, epic or Legendary. If I want it to be mythical, I craft it. I dont need CC telling me it needs to be mythical, I do it out of choice. But even so there are some items I want to unlock at a lower level and as time progress craft it to mythical. So the question is why some players want to unlock skills at mythical. Is it because they dont have it in themselves to enjoy the game for what it is, and need someone with a cane to keep them going , or is it a matter of exclusivity? Yep, that must be it, the thing that let the Joneses be the Joneses, exclusivity. I have it and you don't, and for you to get it, grind ,grind,grind. So mythical is just a way to say to other players they still have a way to go to enjoy what you already have achieved. I would like to see my friends in the cities stay because everything is achievable and congratulate and support them as items gets unlocked, not have them leave because of endless grinds. I want new players to enter the game because of positive feedbacks from the current players and not the current and past negativity that plaque the game. Rather no exclusivity for me and being surrounded by happy players than ending up being part of club Joneses.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:03 am

So the question is why some players want to unlock skills at mythical. Is it because they dont have it in themselves to enjoy the game for what it is, and need someone with a cane to keep them going , or is it a matter of exclusivity? Yep, that must be it, the thing that let the Joneses be the Joneses, exclusivity.

I see it as a balance thing. The tradeoff (at least for me) is usually a choice between a low level skilled item (with lower power) or the same skill on harder to craft item (with lots of power). If those higher level items had their skills unlocking at flawless or epic the choice would be easy, my teams would have heaps of power, and the break chances would be okay because those items are closer to our heroes' levels.

Instead the choice is either to lose a lot of power by using much easier items (level 9-25ish items) or put in a lot of work getting high level items up to legendary/mythic. Choices like that add more layers to team planning/gearing. It also limits how quickly you can build crazy teams, like I avoid AA gloves (revive 2/mythic) even though they have an awesome skill because they're so much work, and figuring out how to compensate with other items shapes my teams. No mythic requirements gets rid of the skill vs power vs. work tradeoffs.

I'd rather see fusion get a bit of a buff, maybe make 5 legendaries have 100% chance of mythic or cut down fuse times for level 45+ items a bit or something. But I think dropping all the mythic skills down to legendary would be too big of a change right now because legendaries are so much easier to get. Heck, if someone has gems to upgrade a proc they could easily get a legendary in 1-2 days, as opposed to a couple weeks to get a mythic.

Brutal

Postby Brutal » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:02 am

Kim! wrote:It also limits how quickly you can build crazy teams, like I avoid AA gloves (revive 2/mythic) even though they have an awesome skill because they're so much work, and figuring out how to compensate with other items shapes my teams. No mythic requirements gets rid of the skill vs power vs. work tradeoffs.

Are crazy teams built by skills or by mythicals, if by skills it makes half of all items in the game obsolete as they dont have skills, and that include all but one item in every package as well, making packages worthless.If a crazy team is built by mythical power then there is no need to put the skill unlock at mythical because everyone that wants a crazy team is going to craft the mythical anyway. The skill unlock at a lower level is just having half the use of the item before you get to the mythical stage. But putting the unlock at mythical is to making the item useless for the player who wants the skill now but a crazy team later on.

Kim!
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Kim! » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:16 am

Brutal wrote:
Kim! wrote:It also limits how quickly you can build crazy teams, like I avoid AA gloves (revive 2/mythic) even though they have an awesome skill because they're so much work, and figuring out how to compensate with other items shapes my teams. No mythic requirements gets rid of the skill vs power vs. work tradeoffs.

Are crazy teams built by skills or by mythicals, if by skills it makes half of all items in the game obsolete as they dont have skills, and that include all but one item in every package as well, making packages worthless.If a crazy team is built by mythical power then there is no need to put the skill unlock at mythical because everyone that wants a crazy team is going to craft the mythical anyway. The skill unlock at a lower level is just having half the use of the item before you get to the mythical stage. But putting the unlock at mythical is to making the item useless for the player who wants the skill now but a crazy team later on.

For me the ideal teams would be full energetic, full revive, and added speed runner and loot skills while maintaining enough power to run any quest. I'm a slowpoke with team building so my favorite team isn't quite there yet power-wise (just shy of 700k total, they need 750k) but it's close. Most of that gear is legendary, some is very low level, and the only mythics are a turning token and moon boots. This is a team that never dies, never rests, never breaks anything, and with a little more power it'll be able to run any quest in the game. Full mythics is overkill power-wise, and skills have a much larger impact than power does.

Where power does come into play is being able to run higher quests. The easiest energetic builds use a lot of wood/leather bps, so when you get into skilled gear you drop a TON of power by undergearing and losing set bonuses. So getting teams back up to T3 quests either requires some larger power items or skills like protector.

As for most blueprints being useless: Yes, yes they are. If you're going for power alone, normal line blueprints are completely useless. Pack/chest BPs get a huge power boost, in addition to having nifty skills on them. To give some perspective, a mythic twilight flute (level 39 common) has 6000 power, while a mythic goddess tear (level 38 chest bp) has 8750.

River
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby River » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:25 am

I'm a semi-f2p. my to-do-list:
-shop/fornitures upgrades: done
-special orders: done
-heroes' skills/abilities unlocking: done
-workers levelling (45+): to do, but... ocarina-ocarina-boost-ocarina-ocarina-boost... so boring
-heroes levelling (45+): to do, but... ocarina-ocarina-boost-ocarina-ocarina-boost... so boring
-free prints unlocking/mastering: a few ones, but it needs 24/24 cauldron... so boring
-(chest's) BP unlocking (iron+): no keys, few gems, a lot of trash... so enervating
-mythical crafting: out of my league.. too much fusion time..
-pvp: I'm not interested.
-raid: fine, but needs a rewards' revolution to involve lazy players to do more sendings (carrot to mvp AND stick to lvp!)

I really need something fun and exciting to do :(

Wraith

Postby Wraith » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:45 am

cc_Darkis wrote:Thanks for sharing this ( and everyone else as well!) as it is very valuable to see. I'm working to get previews coming and getting everyone's feedback pushed on up.

I can say this hands down, you guys know your Shop Heroes inside and out. I've rarely seen a level like this in all my gaming time, and it shows you guys need us to do better. So understood on my part by far.

Thanks Darkis. I hope you can give us concrete proof of Cloudcade's plans about fusion soon. We want to know what the changes will be exactly, and we'd like some evidence that these changes will actually come soon and are not 6+ months away or aren't even real. I hate to subscribe to the theory that the game is dying and Cloudcade are just trying to milk players for as much money as possible before pulling the plug, but Cloudcade keeps releasing paid packages while not releasing much in terms of updates (not even detailed info). After seeing this go on for some time you have to understand that some players are getting concerned.

Anyway, I really want to buy the Easter packages but at $15 each they need to have a use for me. So if you could get us some details about the planned changes to fusion times, something that would tell us what we can expect and that would show us Cloudcade are really working on something, that would go a long way to convince me to invest in the Easter packages. I'd hate to skip the packages, only to regret my decision a few months later when the fusion changes roll out... But I've spent so much already, I have to be reasonable and I can't spend more money on blind faith alone.

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:37 am

Wraith wrote:
cc_Darkis wrote:Thanks for sharing this ( and everyone else as well!) as it is very valuable to see. I'm working to get previews coming and getting everyone's feedback pushed on up.

I can say this hands down, you guys know your Shop Heroes inside and out. I've rarely seen a level like this in all my gaming time, and it shows you guys need us to do better. So understood on my part by far.

Thanks Darkis. I hope you can give us concrete proof of Cloudcade's plans about fusion soon. We want to know what the changes will be exactly, and we'd like some evidence that these changes will actually come soon and are not 6+ months away or aren't even real. I hate to subscribe to the theory that the game is dying and Cloudcade are just trying to milk players for as much money as possible before pulling the plug, but Cloudcade keeps releasing paid packages while not releasing much in terms of updates (not even detailed info). After seeing this go on for some time you have to understand that some players are getting concerned.

Anyway, I really want to buy the Easter packages but at $15 each they need to have a use for me. So if you could get us some details about the planned changes to fusion times, something that would tell us what we can expect and that would show us Cloudcade are really working on something, that would go a long way to convince me to invest in the Easter packages. I'd hate to skip the packages, only to regret my decision a few months later when the fusion changes roll out... But I've spent so much already, I have to be reasonable and I can't spend more money on blind faith alone.

I feel the same way.

Return to “General Discussion”