SH is in serious need of a revamp

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
AcidBasilisk

Re: SH is in serious need of a revamp

Postby AcidBasilisk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:29 pm

What this game needs is some kind of content. Weekly raids are the same, offer nothing different. PvP is the most varied thing out there - and that's saying something about the rest of the game. It is a grindfest. No doubts there. Players need something else to grind towards, though. Not just grinding for the sake of grinding.

You have your poll/roadmap thread, number 2 and 3 voted are to do with additional content - city vs city and city boss fights. You should try to get these out. I would say that the game lacking in pvp/pve content is what helps people get bored and leave.

Catarina
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Catarina » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Can you make different items with good benefit?

Today is it TWO items for all game! We can make 700+ receipts, but we can not - it is not give us money.

Only ocarina (for donate) and boots (non-donate). Why not to do same poison or spear? Today craft boots, tomorrow spear etc

It is unnormal:
20777 north lute
4700 ocarina

(Just for 9 month!)

No another analogue item from another packs!

And heroes medal (from Olympic pack), 45 lvl - I make 737 items, and no one mythical yet - my cauldron twice says "I choose 37%". It is so annoyed...

Feone
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Feone » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:29 pm

WingDingo wrote:<Detailled suggestion>

I like the idea, probably needs some balancing on the specifics but more things to work on sounds great.

AcidBasilisk wrote:What this game needs is some kind of content. Weekly raids are the same, offer nothing different. PvP is the most varied thing out there - and that's saying something about the rest of the game. It is a grindfest. No doubts there. Players need something else to grind towards, though. Not just grinding for the sake of grinding.

You have your poll/roadmap thread, number 2 and 3 voted are to do with additional content - city vs city and city boss fights. You should try to get these out. I would say that the game lacking in pvp/pve content is what helps people get bored and leave.

I don't really agree with this, PVP content is not someting I particularly want. One of the nicer things about Shop Heroes IMO is that you can play it casually and still do well. PVP tends to only favor those who are around all the time. Of course if they can come up with a meaningful PVP system that doesn't force you to be online 24/7 to compete then my opinion would change.

PiecEMakeR_ZA

Postby PiecEMakeR_ZA » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Brutal wrote:If my goal is to equip every hero with a level 40+ mythical item on every slot, and giving myself 2 weeks to craft a mythical be sure this goal is going to take more than 7 years to achieve...

Lets do the math here and make it even easier for the non-believers to believe:

There are 25 non-package heroes in the game each with 7 inventory slots.
If it takes you ONE WEEK to craft a lvl40+ Mythical it will take you 7 weeks for one hero.
Multiply that by 25 heroes and you have 175 weeks. That's 3 and a half years if everthing goes perfect and you're ONLY crafting these items. No money makers, no ocarinas, nothing inbetween. Brutal isn't lying or exaggerating here.

Now the new Easter Package has the same freakin abilities at Mythical. Wow.
Last edited by PiecEMakeR_ZA on Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wraith

Postby Wraith » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 pm

PiecEMakeR_ZA wrote:
Brutal wrote:If my goal is to equip every hero with a level 40+ mythical item on every slot, and giving myself 2 weeks to craft a mythical be sure this goal is going to take more than 7 years to achieve...

If it takes you ONE WEEK to craft a lvl40+ Mythical it will take you 7 weeks for one hero.
Multiply that by 25 heroes and you have 175 weeks. That's 3 and a half years if everyone goes perfect and you're ONLY crafting these items. No money makers, no ocarinas, nothing inbetween. Brutal isn't lying or exaggerating here.

Wow that's really bad.

I was on the fence because the game just isn't fun anymore. So if I buy the Easter pack and the game doesn't get the new features they promised then I'm wasting money, but if I don't buy the pack and the game does improve then I'll have to wait a whole year to get the pack...

But if it will take me years to craft those mythical items anyway, then I will basically never use them. Why waste money on something I won't have the chance to enjoy? This solves my dilemma, I should just stop buying packs because they're worthless.

They better explain their plans in details for fusion rebalancing otherwise I'm done buying packages, and they need to implement a solution very soon. Make all skills available at legendary if they have do, but at least let us use the items we bought!

I'd go so far as to say they should make seasonal packages available all year, at least that way players won't feel pressured to buy packs before the game actually improves and these problems get fixed. It's not right to expect us to spend $45 a month on nothing but promises. Considering how bad they let the game get, and all the nerfs they added "to prepare for future content" (which is still months away), it's the least they could do as a gesture.

There are no words to say how much I regret buying these packs right now. If I had realized how long fusing for mythical would take I would have never done it. I just wasn't far enough in the game to start fusing for anything other than precrafts, and now I'm only starting to equip my lvl 25 and lvl 30 heroes. I truly hope they give me a reason to keep playing and to buy the easter package this year. Really disappointed :(

Hiws

Postby Hiws » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:42 pm

PiecEMakeR_ZA wrote:How long did it take you to master Valkyrie Grips?
It's been a month since I bought the warriors package and so far I've crafted 21 grips. I'm lvl 44 and to give you an idea of my worker levels I can craft an ocarina in 2h30m. So what am I doing wrong?

So, since I actually had the warrior pack and haven't unlocked Valkyrie Grips yet. (Had a few crafts left on the helmet to unlock it).
I decided to try and see how difficult it actually was to craft.

After 10 hours and 03min I've crafted 6 and have 3 more queued with 1 hour 30 left on those.
So at that rate it would probably take a week to master.

That's using all level 40 workers. 6x Tier 3 and 2x Tier 2, no anvil, 4x fusion slots and a maxed + boosted city.
Last edited by Hiws on Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Speadie
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Dont buy temp (seasonal) packs. Waste of money.

Feone

Postby Feone » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:40 pm

PiecEMakeR_ZA wrote:Multiply that by 25 heroes and you have 175 weeks. That's 3 and a half years if everthing goes perfect and you're ONLY crafting these items. No money makers, no ocarinas, nothing inbetween. Brutal isn't lying or exaggerating here.

Multiply that by 4 to 8 ish for a more realistic estimate, 1 mythical a week is very optimistic. A decade or two to double your quest loot and not suffer from KOed heroes.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:46 pm

Wraith wrote:
PiecEMakeR_ZA wrote:

Multiply that by 25 heroes and you have 175 weeks. That's 3 and a half years if everyone goes perfect and you're ONLY crafting these items. No money makers, no ocarinas, nothing inbetween. Brutal isn't lying or exaggerating here.

Wow that's really bad.

I was on the fence because the game just isn't fun anymore. So if I buy the Easter pack and the game doesn't get the new features they promised then I'm wasting money, but if I don't buy the pack and the game does improve then I'll have to wait a whole year to get the pack...

But if it will take me years to craft those mythical items anyway, then I will basically never use them. Why waste money on something I won't have the chance to enjoy? This solves my dilemma, I should just stop buying packs because they're worthless.

They better explain their plans in details for fusion rebalancing otherwise I'm done buying packages, and they need to implement a solution very soon. Make all skills available at legendary if they have do, but at least let us use the items we bought!

I'd go so far as to say they should make seasonal packages available all year, at least that way players won't feel pressured to buy packs before the game actually improves and these problems get fixed. It's not right to expect us to spend $45 a month on nothing but promises. Considering how bad they let the game get, and all the nerfs they added "to prepare for future content" (which is still months away), it's the least they could do as a gesture.

There are no words to say how much I regret buying these packs right now. If I had realized how long fusing for mythical would take I would have never done it. I just wasn't far enough in the game to start fusing for anything other than precrafts, and now I'm only starting to equip my lvl 25 and lvl 30 heroes. I truly hope they give me a reason to keep playing and to buy the easter package this year. Really disappointed :(

Thanks for sharing this ( and everyone else as well!) as it is very valuable to see. I'm working to get previews coming and getting everyone's feedback pushed on up.

I can say this hands down, you guys know your Shop Heroes inside and out. I've rarely seen a level like this in all my gaming time, and it shows you guys need us to do better. So understood on my part by far.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

PiecEMakeR_ZA

Postby PiecEMakeR_ZA » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:58 pm

Hiws wrote:
PiecEMakeR_ZA wrote:How long did it take you to master Valkyrie Grips?
It's been a month since I bought the warriors package and so far I've crafted 21 grips. I'm lvl 44 and to give you an idea of my worker levels I can craft an ocarina in 2h30m. So what am I doing wrong?

So, since I actually had the warrior pack and haven't unlocked Valkyrie Grips yet. (Had a few crafts left on the helmet to unlock it).
I decided to try and see how difficult it actually was to craft.

After 10 hours and 03min I've crafted 6 and have 3 more queued with 1 hour 30 left on those.
So at that rate it would probably take a week to master.

That's using all level 40 workers. 6x Tier 3 and 2x Tier 2, no anvil, 4x fusion slots and a maxed + boosted city.

I have now crafted 27 grips since buying the package. I'm in a maxed + boosted city myself. My workers are between lvl35-40, all tier 3's, jack and giant. You're either very lucky so far or doing extremely well. Keep hacking at it mate, you'll soon start to feel it slow down. For me, the precraft is what's slowing me down. I obviously have enough worker points to craft the boots at max speed, its just the amount of precrafts it takes that's killing me. Having to constantly be ready every few seconds for a boot, deleting all the greens and only keeping greats and up. And then I run into Iron and Shiny Gem problems, as have the other players in my city that have the Warriors Pack. I only have 3x fusion slots too. I will be honest and say I've balanced the grips with other crafts too such as ocarinas and staff of ages' (the precraft for affection staff), but its mainly been 70% valk crafting.

With your luck and incredible determination you can probably craft and fuse a Mythical in a week without doing anything else. It will still take you 3.5 years to fill 25 heroes with Mythicals.

Though, just to get back on-topic; The Valk Grips are one of my personal projects, but this thread is about all of the late game items, especially the ones at mythical, that takes forever to craft/fuse. I created this thread as everyone in my city felt the same way, and is the only reason why we have had 4 high level end-game players quit the game in March. Also, just to keep the f2p commentators happy, two of these players were entirely f2p and both felt the same way. I've been playing and paying since December and have yet to craft and fuse to a mythical. I'm trying to reach out in the hopes that CC will fix this issue before more people quit the game. There have been tons of great suggestions for months but nothing has been done. The numbers have been crunched, the truth is in this thread.

EDIT: I'm glad you're realizing the issue Darkis. I really don't want to see more hardcore fans leave this game. I've been enjoy it and the friendships I've made and would like to continue doing so.
Last edited by PiecEMakeR_ZA on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General Discussion”