Does higher power reduce chance of injury?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Does higher power reduce chance of injury?

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:03 pm

Tzache wrote:
cc_Tadaaah wrote:Some items are fun for those playing to figure out. Additionally, it would be impossible to create a tutorial for every single detail in the game. The tutorial is already fairly long in comparison to other games.

Tutorials cover the basics; then, y'all get to have fun and be interactive (both in and out of game) to find the best strategies that work for you. :)

You don't need to create tutorials, just use numbers - those are self-explanatory, unlike the kindergarten-style smiley faces. Most of the players are, in fact, capable of understanding percentage and probabilities. And for the part of discovering some things yourself, basic game mechanics shouldn't be one of those things - and especially things like probabilities in the range of a few percents.

And by the way, the information you provided is incomplete and quite useless without the details that wumbas asked for. I hope you will elaborate.

Hi there,

If the percentage isn't already provided in-game, we won't be providing it at this time. The question asked was, "I've heard from at few different players, that increasing power, reduces chance of injury. Even if the hero has a green face already. Can anyone confirm this?" I confirmed that this is indeed, true. Changes to are not typically made upon a whim, there is often lots of discussion and research that goes into all changes. Some are obvious successes/failures, others need some tweaking or work.

Vilmu
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Vilmu » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:29 am

I accidentally sent party to sewer instead of ring of fire my 170k power hero got injured, so quess its never fool proof only extremely bad luck. Just like 1,7k+ mastery doesnt quarantee 100% no commons. I bet there is always minimal chance to worst case scenario in both cases.

bloop
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby bloop » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:47 pm

that's alicia leading 5 grills into 2 deaths

nerf sewers please they are hugely problematic :lol:

Dred0
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Dred0 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:33 am

I would say that running sewers, you likely overgear enough that all characters are at the minimum chance of injury, whatever that is.

I do know that in the raid this week I was finally able to send a team to the top level. Over the raid, the only character from that group that got injured was the character that just scraped the 40K, and he got injured twice.

anpaperface

Postby anpaperface » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:17 am

I completely agree with some of the other posters - not displaying this entirely unintuitive core mechanic is just entirely baffling.

There is so much other stealth information like this that would just be far more enjoyable for everyone (especially new players) to just be open about.

But hiding this is particularly mind-boggling since knowing your exact injury chance and seeing it go down as your power rises would incentivize players to consume more gems buying better gear and the company and the game would be better for it. Currently there is no reason to push your gear, which is both boring and not good for the monitization model.

TechPocalypse

Postby TechPocalypse » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:03 am

anpaperface wrote:I completely agree with some of the other posters - not displaying this entirely unintuitive core mechanic is just entirely baffling.

There is so much other stealth information like this that would just be far more enjoyable for everyone (especially new players) to just be open about.

But hiding this is particularly mind-boggling since knowing your exact injury chance and seeing it go down as your power rises would incentivize players to consume more gems buying better gear and the company and the game would be better for it. Currently there is no reason to push your gear, which is both boring and not good for the monitization model.

100% agree.

Additionally, based on my own experience with questing as well as what I've heard from others, I have serious doubts that additional power above the required amount reduces chances of injury despite what Tadaaah said to the contrary. Prior to the March patch, which eliminated the only remaining incentive to optimize hero equipment for questing by greatly reducing questing's profitability, I devoted a great deal of my resources including time, gold, and gems (in the 100ks) to optimize my heroes' equipment and, based on Tadaaah's statement, increase my heroes' power but saw no reduction in my heroes' injury rates as a result of their increased power. I then added a number of items with the lucky and revive skills and noticed a significant reduction in my injury rates so for those wishing to reduce injury rates I would suggest substituting items with these skills rather than working to increase hero power.

While I do not mean to be rude, I have lost all confidence in the accuracy and truthfulness of anything I hear tadaaah say as a result of this and a number of other statements I've heard her make when streaming that I know without any doubt to be false. Providing this kind of information here or in-game would be a positive step toward restoring the confidence of players like me in statements made by CC and its representatives.

Vilmu
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Vilmu » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:25 am

Unfortunately i have to agree that. There are way too many times when we get answers what might work for real newbies, but not for 5+ max lvl players who actually knows what they are talking about and who really care about this game and wants bugs etc fixed and then in 1-2 months later only realize bug was fixed even earlier was claimed theres nothing wrong with it.

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:22 am

I think that people are making assumptions based off of, "higher power reduces chance of injury." There is probably a maximum allowable power, and exceeding that maximum has no additional benefit. No one has officially said anything about that one way or another. I am fairly sure (although I am doubting myself now) that someone has said that "there is no way to achieve 100% avoid injury."

So, it's probably, 10000 power has a reduced chance of injury versus 1000 power. But but 10000 power and 5000 power have an equal injury chance, because the maximum input is 5000 power. For all any of us know, there is only a minimal amount of Power that has any impact beyond the minimum for a Green Face. Using the previous example, say you get a Green Face at 4000, but the maximum injury reduction is at 5000. We don't even know what the injury chance is a Green Face. We don't even know if a Green Face is the same injury chance across all quests / raids.

In any event, I agree that it would be nice if the percentages would be displayed. I've asked for it before. Lots of people have asked for it before. I don't know. Maybe there's a compromise somewhere. If we can't see the exact numbers, maybe we can at least get a Green Face in a Star Shield if we have hit the maximum allowable Power for Injury chance? But we'll use something easily understandable like MAX. Because the Star Shield means unbreakable, and a Star Shield next to the Green Face might make you think you are at 0% injury.
Attachments
Injury.jpg
Injury.jpg (103.32 KiB) Viewed 500 times

omgabear
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby omgabear » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:32 am

WingDingo wrote:In any event, I agree that it would be nice if the percentages would be displayed. I've asked for it before. Lots of people have asked for it before. I don't know. Maybe there's a compromise somewhere. If we can't see the exact numbers, maybe we can at least get a Green Face in a Star Shield if we have hit the maximum allowable Power for Injury chance? But we'll use something easily understandable like MAX. Because the Star Shield means unbreakable, and a Star Shield next to the Green Face might make you think you are at 0% injury.

It should be... a blue face. As we all know, red turtle shells are killer, yellow and green are less so, but blue, man, blue will mess you up.

He is OP until he is blue in the face! Edit: obligatory Arrested Development link: http://giphy.com/gifs/michael-tobias-oVgYGkoQ8W1QQ

I wonder if the mechanic is basically the inverse of the item breakage, in that green has a 3% best case (no favoreds), and there's rounding to the nearest step (0.3%?).

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:12 am

TL:DR I will NEVER lie to you and this company has made a very conscious effort to be transparent and honest.

I apologize if you feel like I'm not being truthful to you. As I stated a long time ago, I will NEVER knowingly lie to you or anyone else in the player-base. The information I have is the information that comes from the data and documents provided by the team. The great part about being on this side of the fence is we have a lot more data to go off of. The downside, you only have your experiences and go off of a very small amount of data and we won't share the mass amounts of data because that isn't something game developers do.

There is truth that end game players are going to play a lot more hardcore and pay a lot more attention to the meta strategies of the game. A lot of end game players have been around a lot longer and play more hours. That does not mean I'm trying to lie to you or give you false information. There will always be players with a lot more expertise in strategy and gameplay. That's true for any game, any company.

I will say this company has made a very conscious effort to be more transparent and honest than any other company I know and/or have worked for. We share a lot more information than any other company I know would not be comfortable with. I brag about our community to all my colleagues at other places all the time. How knowledgeable, eloquent, self-governing, well-worded. Y'all are a CM's dream. I only hope that I can serve you better. That in mind, I won't throw my company under the bus and I will stand by them in the both their decisions and information given to provide.

I realize you would like me to write out a lot more info/opinions/etc. on topics, but I don't as a large portion of my job is to remain neutral. I don't want to discourage people from sharing suggestions/feedback based on my answer to them working here. Some amazing ideas have come from some not-so-great suggestions. Additionally, there are examples of game mechanics that have been changed that the playerbase has referred to as bugs and they weren't. It was a decision to change a mechanic based on feedback and trying to better the enjoyment for the playerbase. An example: The Trade House order. It was not a bug. The Trade House was being fulfilled as by design and random-ish. The change to FIFO was a mechanic change based upon the feedback given by you. Thus, saying it is by design isn't incorrect or false. I'm here for y'all that's my job. The more information we have to reproduce something, the better. It gives me more to work with to signal to the team to change, but data and reproduction do need to verify the complaint.

Return to “General Discussion”