Does higher power reduce chance of injury?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
wumbas
"Good" Mastery Member

Does higher power reduce chance of injury?

Postby wumbas » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:25 am

I've heard from at few different players, that increasing power, reduces chance of injury. Even if the hero has a green face allready. Can anyone confirm this?

Example: Required power is 50K, and all 6 heroes are at 50K. If I boost them with items, or hero Buildings - say up to 60K, will that reduce the chance of injuries?

Ember
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Does higher power reduce chance of injury?

Postby Ember » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:45 am

Dun think so... it seems that having "just the right power" reduces chance of injury. I dunno why but half the time when i decide to put one of my super star heroes to accomplish a low level quest far beneath him/her, he/she will break a leg.

Or maybe im just unlucky :roll:

HiredGoons
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby HiredGoons » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:14 am

I've noticed that if my heros are very close to the recommended power they seem to die more. I've also noticed that the formula for determining if the hero has enough power sometimes gives a value over what is displayed in the UI by several hundreds (the UI rounds it). So it may be that you want to go a few hundred over a green face to get the lowest chance of death.

There is always a small chance your hero will have a heart attack though.
Shop Heroes tools and game data - http://appgoons.tk/shopheroes

cc_Tadaaah
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:16 am

This is true. Increasing the power will help reduce chance of injury. Reasons to equip your Heroes to make them strong #173! :)

iVenoM
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby iVenoM » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:25 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:This is true. Increasing the power will help reduce chance of injury. Reasons to equip your Heroes to make them strong #173! :)

The holy grail of information, Praise the gods
City: Redemption | First to complete city raid when it was hard! | The Devil's + 1 | #retired

wumbas
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby wumbas » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:25 am

cc_Tadaaah wrote:This is true. Increasing the power will help reduce chance of injury. Reasons to equip your Heroes to make them strong #173! :)

This is huge, vital information everyone should know. Reducing or eliminating breaking items is fairly straightforward, and by reading skills ect, we can each lay plans how to achive this.

Reducing or eliminating injuries is much harder, especcially since we didn't know this. It's not intuitive that raising skill further above what's required would reduce injuries, and as far as I know, there is no way for us to have this information. Alot of people don't read forum, so this should be explained in game somehow. Can we get some explaination about how this works? Are there diminishing returns on power? Is there any difference between "pure" power on heroes, and power gained by boosted Buildings? Etc?

cc_Tadaaah
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:56 am

Some items are fun for those playing to figure out. Additionally, it would be impossible to create a tutorial for every single detail in the game. The tutorial is already fairly long in comparison to other games.

Tutorials cover the basics; then, y'all get to have fun and be interactive (both in and out of game) to find the best strategies that work for you. :)

Vortastic

Postby Vortastic » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:09 pm

Well this is very nice to know

Just to confirm Tadaah -- increasing power above "green face" will still reduce chance of injury?
In-game: Vortex#88619

iVenoM
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby iVenoM » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:34 pm

Vortastic wrote:Well this is very nice to know

Just to confirm Tadaah -- increasing power above "green face" will still reduce chance of injury?

... O.o YES
City: Redemption | First to complete city raid when it was hard! | The Devil's + 1 | #retired

Tzache

Postby Tzache » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:43 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:Some items are fun for those playing to figure out. Additionally, it would be impossible to create a tutorial for every single detail in the game. The tutorial is already fairly long in comparison to other games.

Tutorials cover the basics; then, y'all get to have fun and be interactive (both in and out of game) to find the best strategies that work for you. :)

You don't need to create tutorials, just use numbers - those are self-explanatory, unlike the kindergarten-style smiley faces. Most of the players are, in fact, capable of understanding percentage and probabilities. And for the part of discovering some things yourself, basic game mechanics shouldn't be one of those things - and especially things like probabilities in the range of a few percents.

And by the way, the information you provided is incomplete and quite useless without the details that wumbas asked for. I hope you will elaborate.

Return to “General Discussion”