Am I a cheater?

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
jeroti

Am I a cheater?

Postby jeroti » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:28 pm

After the issue with the gem lady I got to thinking about anything I might do that could at some point be considered cheating, and I thought of something that may be intended but maybe it's not so I thought I'd ask.

When I'm selling a lot of things to my heros I'll often go to the inn then back to my shop as the heros are walking out. What this does is automatically make the batch that was in the shop leave and put in the next group. This way I'm not waiting for them to slowly walk away and the next 1-3 to walk into the store. As far as I can tell it's not shortening their timers or making them comeback sooner than they're supposed to. After I sell something to all the heros there's always a time when I have no one in the store as they're all on their cool down timers.

Anyways long story short is it ok to skip the walking out/coming in animations of the heros by going to the inn and back to the store?

Tethys
"Great" Mastery Member

Re: Am I a cheater?

Postby Tethys » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Hi there,

From my understanding of what you're describing, it's not cheating. In fact I do the same thing more times than not. I'll check with Darkis to get a better clarification/confirmation and report back (unless he replies) as soon as I can :)

Tethys.
Need to contact the support team? Follow this link to do so: https://cloudcade.helpshift.com/a/shop-heroes/

Arty
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Arty » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:50 pm

As I see it, all this trip to the tavern and back does is getting the animation back on track.
Whenever you are in the inventory, hero/shopkeeper dialogue, hero/worker/inventory menu, trade house, etc. your shop in the background gets blurry and the animation is on hold. (You can easily check that by selling something to a hero, then stay in the trade house or so for a minute, then coming back and seeing the hero still there just leaving after the sell.) So basically at this point your client is kinda behind with the animation, but after a short trip to the tavern or city and back this is "fixed".

Irgy

Postby Irgy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:55 pm

On a similar note... you can offer impatient customers a discount, then not get around to selling to them before they walk out, and keep the energy. Am I going to get permabanned for doing this?

sideways

Postby sideways » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 pm

Tethys got trolled

This place is great for the regular laugh

Irgy, you do not disappoint

8-) 8-) 8-)

zarusjamer

Postby zarusjamer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:28 am

Irgy wrote:On a similar note... you can offer impatient customers a discount, then not get around to selling to them before they walk out, and keep the energy. Am I going to get permabanned for doing this?

AFAIK it was discussed in chats over a year ago, some considered it an "evil" action. Have you been given cookies after your downfall? :lol:

Speadie
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Speadie » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:52 am

jeroti

Postby jeroti » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:57 pm

It wasn't really a troll post I was semi serious with my question. Like the hearts from impatient's it's a grey area that should get a response on if it's ok to do or not. I sort of got a response that wasn't really an answer I guess it's better than nothing.

Return to “General Discussion”