Dredstopia was stolen

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Re: Dredstopia was stolen

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 pm

Working on a solution to this folks even if it will take some man hours to resolve so to speak.
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Tkshowers

Postby Tkshowers » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:35 pm

I don't want to seem selfish, but don't get distracted from getting those ducks lined up, I am eagerly awaiting the update on Friday. Outside of that selfish sentiment, I think it is great you are looking into it and hope you can help.

Lionstar
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Lionstar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Hope it gets resolved! Thank you for your involvement Darkis.

cc_Darkis
Cloudcade Staff

Postby cc_Darkis » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Tkshowers wrote:I don't want to seem selfish, but don't get distracted from getting those ducks lined up, I am eagerly awaiting the update on Friday. Outside of that selfish sentiment, I think it is great you are looking into it and hope you can help.

Noted for sure!
"Cauldron is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."~river#44249 :D
"Gems of Shop Heroes are like diamonds of real life."~Prometheus :o

Azbandar
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Azbandar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:08 pm

Phoenix25385 wrote:I would propose the following:
1) That cloudgate implement a process in which the city is OWNED outright by the original creator/founder of the city.
2) that the OWNER selects and appoints the mayor.
3) that the MAYOR is responsible for inviting and kicking.
4) that the OWNER can transfer OWNERSHIP to another player.
5) that the OWNER may only OWN one city at a time.

I mostly like this, but with some alterations (and explanations):

1) I like this idea, I create a city, I should own it
2) Mayor/Owner should be one in the same (if a city is eventually FAIRLY taken over, maybe a note somewhere in the city where it says "Created by <<Insert Player Name Here>>)
3) This would be great, but only if a Mayor could also appoint a Co-Mayor or like position(s)
4) This is the part I like, for example, I "took over" my city when a large group of us decided we were going to leave due to a mostly inactive Mayor, however, the Mayor at the time sent me a message and basically said, hold it, would you like to just take the city with votes, I never wanted to be Mayor anyways, the rest it history.
5) Agree 100% there
6) (Yes, a #6, and it is the most important) A Mayor should only ever be able to be voted out IF they have selected an option to allow themselves to be demoted (this option should be automatically checked if a Mayor is inactive for more than 7 days, and instantly turned back off upon a log in thereafter). There should also be a "vacation mode" to negate this that can be activated and last for no more than 30* days (which come on, if you're a true Shop Heroes player, you have a phone and you have to sit on a toilet at some point, and don't lie and say, "not me, never").

*I personally think 2 weeks, but some people get better vacations than I can afford!
Mayor of Eolythes, overseer of many spreadsheets & maker of many things...MANY things.

Shop Heroes Spreadsheet | Super Team Builder Redux
Shop Heroes Spreadsheet design by Richard | Super Team Builder original design by Akerson

Dizzle
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Dizzle » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:43 pm

Edit: wow this is getting handled quickly! Mad props to darkis and CC

VeNoM0619
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby VeNoM0619 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:48 pm

While the above rules are nice... try explaining them all to every player. The simpler the better:
A mayor can ONLY be voted out if they haven't logged in for more than 7 days - regardless of votes.

This was the intention of the voting system in the first place. Have a bad mayor? Chances are that he is so bad, he already kicked plenty of people anyways. Mob mentality shouldn't be allowed to kick someone out of the city THEY built, until squatters rights applies.

IF you wish to add an additional QOL feature, have a "transfer" ownership button that gives your mayorship to the selected person, as I see that issue pop up frequently as well.

bowloftoast
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby bowloftoast » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Sorry to hear this Kuscka. Hope you are back in your home soon. xo

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Phoenix25385 wrote:There is no mechanism to prevent a city being stolen from the original owner/creator or the incumbent mayor. This is something cloudgate should have dealt with as the city is the mechanism they created for people to raid together and create a sense of community. Without the city creator having a mechanism to protect the city they are at risk of losing everything they have worked for but the simple accident of being a decent human being and inviting someone into the city in order to help them get better at the game.

At the start, there were no crown jewels/building upgrades/fame and no city raids, just the city being a container for the investments of the inhabitants that happened to have a name, so except for the name, there wasn't really anything worth hostile taking over for and the mayor vote system was actually a pretty nice way of assigning the mayor position/chore. Then more things were hooked up to the city itself instead of just to its inhabitants and the "empty" city gained more value than just its name, while the mayor vote system stayed the same.

Not easy covering all the edge cases well for leadership positions...
Based on world chat, mayorless newbie cities because everyone has 1 vote each seem not uncommon.
And in another game, a wiki forum post claimed a guild was lost because a normal guild member apparently social engineered a person from the game's support to let them replace the guild leader that was on vacation. (as far as I know the procedure there should have been for the support person to assign the position to the next in line non-AFK player (probably the Sentinel or Champion and such a normal member would have been way down that line...)

If the mayor vote system is ever tweaked, it would probably be nice to also tackle things like "oh, the mayor has gone AFK for a few weeks and "x" number of dead and live accounts keep their votes on him/her, so attempting to replace the dead mayor is near impossible, so no choice than to bail from the city". Maybe something like stripping the votes from anyone after "y" weeks of AFK and if a "private" city has then been mayorless for more than "z" weeks, switch it to "public". (I'm sure there are hundreds or maybe thousands of zombie private cities with decent names out there that people would like to re-use if they weren't locked into eternal zombie private state... )
(I also still want mayor option for public/private to be switched to a tri-state one of visible - can join/visible - invite only/invisible, so city finder doesn't need to be so useless anymore (it can only find public cities with min level at or below your own level)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Maydae
"Good" Mastery Member

Postby Maydae » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:13 pm

Kim! wrote:
Phoenix25385 wrote:I would propose the following:
1) That cloudgate implement a process in which the city is OWNED outright by the original creator/founder of the city.
2) that the OWNER selects and appoints the mayor.
3) that the MAYOR is responsible for inviting and kicking.
4) that the OWNER can transfer OWNERSHIP to another player.
5) that the OWNER may only OWN one city at a time.

I actually disagree with this... the current situation sucks, but in other cases being able to take mayorship is important. A city belongs to all its members, not just the creator. Everyone helps invest, grow, recruit, earn fame/jewels, etc. and in the case of an inactive or inadequate mayor they shouldn't be stuck with them leading the city... even big cities have run into cases where the mayor suddenly disappears and the group risks crumbling if they don't grab the crown. (And in cases where the mayor is fully inactive it's recommended to kick them, even if they were founder, so new votes don't default to them.)

Of course, preventing a city from inviting a bunch of players at once (ie, merger), only letting the mayor invite, or not letting new members place their vote right away would also get in the way of normal, non-hostile city things so I'm not sure there's any easy solutions around. :\

Shiroe wrote:(talking about high fame cities, did Phoenix Down get 100% disbanded to prevent such a situation? I can't find it on the fame ranking at all anymore)

Last I saw there were 3 remaining, and one was Bloop's account so I assume the city still exists. They poofed off the leaderboard after 2 weeks inactive, and the city is private so a takeover would be unlikely without help. We had been watching to see how long they hung on the rankings. ^^;

I know of another game that has a 2 week inactivity rule when it comes to the leaders/mayors. After 2 weeks AFK a vote is triggered in the city - everyone has several days to cast their ballots for anyone they choose to vote for. After the voting period is over, the new leader/mayor gets the city. If it is a tie a new voting period is started to allow another attempt.

I would also love to see an assistant mayor position created to allow for mayors to go on holidays etc and for the invite feature to be locked down.

I REALLY hope you get your city back... let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Return to “General Discussion”