Everything breaks, and I can't stop playing this game!

Discuss anything related to Shop Heroes gameplay.
Opywang

Everything breaks, and I can't stop playing this game!

Postby Opywang » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:22 pm

This game is so damn addictive, and I can't stop playing!

This game is awesome, but horrible at the same time!

I'm always having to find equimpent for my heores it's getting so damn annoying reverent coudloand is so damn greedy forcing us to repair armor using gems when it have 1,000,000% break chance!

I don't trust buying Legenary item, or any awesome item cause it cost Gem to repair.

What the deal with this game I've already spend over 2 million in gold on buying new equipment, and it's getting so dang annoying having to click the hero to find the item that is broken, and having to go to shop look for them it's getting repetitive.

I've got 15 heroes or something, and that is a lot of work, and tendency having to scroll through all of them every time it finish a quest.

Can we fix this, and stop forcing players to spend gem to fix the item, and stop ruining the games?

cc_Tadaaah
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: Everything breaks, and I can't stop playing this game!

Postby cc_Tadaaah » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:33 pm

There may be some changes to the repair system in the future.

Decima

Postby Decima » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:39 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:There may be some changes to the repair system in the future.

:o

Retep
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Retep » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:56 pm

cc_Tadaaah wrote:There may be some changes to the repair system in the future.

Ooooh, this is cool to hear. Would be nice if support wasn't so mandatory.

Iceknave

Postby Iceknave » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:19 pm

You'll want to be pretty picky about the gear you give your heroes until you pick up Support/Resourceful, especially if you're playing as part of a city with other players (I'm playing as a one man city, so my strategies will be different for managing gear breaking).

Directly Copied and Pasted from Six Tips for Beginners (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=6278)

Gear Affinity and Unbreakable Gear

Gear affinity is something many new players are almost always confused about. What is it, what does it do, and how does it work?
Gear affinity is different for every hero and there are 4 different kinds of affinity. Favorite (yellow/gold), Good (white), Ok (gray), Bad (dark gray). You can find the affinity types for your hero by clicking/tapping and holding on the hero in the equipment menu.
Gear affinity, along with hero and item level, is important for determining if certain quality gear will be unbreakable. Here's the rundown on when gear will be unbreakable:

Epic quality gear will be unbreakable -/+ 2 levels when Favorite Affinity
Epic quality gear will be unbreakable -/+ 1 level when Good Affinity
Epic quality gear will be unbreakable at same level when Ok/Bad Affinity
Legendary gear will be unbreakable at -/+ 4 levels when Favorite Affinity
Legendary gear will be unbreakable at -/+ 3 levels when Good/Ok/Bad Affinity
Mythical gear will be unbreakable at -/+ 5 levels when Favorite Affinity
Mythical gear will be unbreakable at -/+ 4 levels when Good/Ok/Bad Affinity
To clarify, "-/+ 2 levels" would mean the gear meets the unbreakable requirement when the gear's level is within 2 levels of the hero's level.

How does the above help you? As long as you make sure your heroes are geared with quality gear that is within a certain range of a hero, it's unbreakable, making sure to replace gear as soon as the heroes outlevels the gear.

I'm a one man city, so my approach is to use building levels to "lock" hero levels, so I don't have to worry about as much about gear breaking until I pick up enough support pieces before I start leveling hero buildings again.

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Postby Shiroe » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:03 am

affinity colors: favorite == yellow, good == white, OK/bad == light/dark grey.
If you long-tap a hero to bring up their fullscreen profile, it shows the affinities of all item types they can equip.

And hundreds or even 1000+ gear breaking is something we all went through. ;)

Strategies:
- just let it break and craft/buy cheap common/good replacements (if there were no breaks, I wouldn't be surprised if people would leave over half their craftlines as low as lvl 10 until they had nothing else to do in the game...)
- as listed, herolevel-appropriate ("0% break chance) epics/legendaries/mythicals (you'd have to carefully watch for hero levelups which could push them out of "0%" range, after which you'd have to replace the item with a new one and hand it down to a lower level hero or sell it on the tradehouse)
- run a hero "naked" (no gear == no breaks, though of course not as high quest you can run, so mostly useful for farming lower quest artifacts)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:32 am

If you're looking for suggestions to repairing items, changing the item break system, or anything of the sort, I'd welcome the change. Support isn't necessarily literally mandatory, but it saves so much time and is so efficient that the alternatives are barely worth mentioning.

There used to be a system in place in Shop Heroes where heroes could flat out keep wearing broken gear. Then there was some middle point I can't remember where you just couldn't use heroes with broken gear. Now you can't leave the quest result with any broken gear.

A "repair" system implies it can be fixed, and doesn't necessarily need to be "trashed" or (gem) "replaced" immediately. When something in real life breaks, you are not forced to on-the-spot replace or trash it. You get to examine your options, then you can fix, trash, or replace it.

I'd propose the ability to hold onto a broken item and be able to re-forge it in something like the Cauldron, using similar timers. Insert a Broken Flawless and an Un-Broken Great of the exact same item, use a double Flawless timer, and repair the item.

Or instead of a new furniture or feature, repairing an item can occupy a Crafting slot. The item can require resources and components as normal.

I'd also propose an alternative that instead of an item breaking completely, you are still given the option to pay gems, but if you don't, it rolls to a degraded quality. For example, if you break a Flawless, it has a 10% to be degraded to Common, 25% to be degraded to a Good, and 65% to be degraded to Great.

Or instead of repairing, there can be an up-front feature to reduce item break chances. There are already skill optimizations and hero-to-item-level optimizations for this, but it clearly isn't enough, especially at low levels. You can manually put on break-prevention effects onto items. Put an item onto the Enchantment Table, and it gains an effect that states, "if this item would break, instead remove this effect and prevent that break." You could add different types of enchantment effects to items. To make this not be out of control powerful, you can make only non-skill items allowed to be enchanted.

Or send items to the rest and injury timers. Legendary break? It needs 3 weeks to rest.

Or re-adjust the repair cost to 1/10 to 1/50 of the current gem cost to make it an option players would even consider.

There are many more options too.

Sillvestra
"Great" Mastery Member

Postby Sillvestra » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:00 am

Or a simple choice of being able to choose gold or gems to repair rather than only being able to use gems.

My last item to break (2 months ago) was a 0.8% epic rather than the 5+% good quality item. Got the Mrs to check the trade house for me and I purchased a 30 gem identical replacement rather than pay over 200 gems to repair it...
Mayor of Elysìum (rank 191 Nw)
Lvl 51, 122.1G Nw, 451/559 BPs mastered.
All wood/leather/iron BPs.
17/36 Gold. 3/44 Primal.
0 Magic/Dwarven.

09-05-2017

Return to “General Discussion”