lvl 1-20 Trade House tips by a beginner.

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
Carbon

lvl 1-20 Trade House tips by a beginner.

Postby Carbon » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:45 pm

These few tips I am sharing are what I think new players like myself should know about the trade house. I just turned lvl 22 myself and started playing a week ago. So that tells you I am a noob and there are alot of things I don't quit fully understand/ haven't experienced in this game yet. However ive had decent success in the Trade House. By decent success I mean I have been able to buy the Cauldron upgrade for 1k gems, without spending any real money and ive been able to do it within a few days of playing. So there are a couple of things you need to understand to make gems relatively easily. before you begin reading I would like to emphasize that the title reads lvl 1-20 for a reason. I am not experienced enough with the trade house beyond this point, and the way to make gold and gems will probably change drastically the higher lvl you become.

My most important tip:
NEVER sell anything for gold in these early lvls, here is why:

Items can only be put at 10x their base value. This means that low lvl items which have a really low base value sell for relatively low amounts even at 10x their base. Most items beginners can make can only be sold at best for 10-30k at max. This is in no way enough if you realize that just 1 gem = worth 300-500k gold. So selling an item for just 2 gems (minimum) is WAY better than selling anything for gold at this stage. And to change your well earned gems to gold, just buy a leather key for 6 gems or lower if you get lucky and sell that in turn for 2.5m gold. Keep in mind though that you will also need to unlock chest bps at some point. So you don't want to sell keys too often. You will need them yourself aswell. Personally so far ive sold about 8 keys for gold and I am trying to progress without flipping keys anymore. Continue selling keys until you've reached a point where you can make gold easily enough to progress without the need to flip keys.

Now selling items for gems is more easily said than done. You need to figure out what actually does sell for gems and what doesn't. That's where this spreadsheet comes in handy. All credits for this spreadsheet go to a guy called Zesty hamburger on Steam.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... Wx_so/edit

If you click the link it should looks like this:

If you check the section called Precraft Directory you will be able to see all the precrafts each item needs. Item's that are precrafts for other items will often sell better than items that are not precrafts. Especially if they are precrafts to recipes that are sought after or that are in their turn precrafts to even higher lvl items. Ofcourse as a low lvl player like myself it's not easy to know what items at higher lvls are worthwhile or not especially since the Trade House only let's you see items that are 5 lvls above your shopkeer lvl. So the best indicators of low lvl items that might sell for gems are:
- If you see them posted for 10x their base value over the span of a few days, then you can assume they have that selling price for a reason. Though you will not sell them for gold ofcourse.
- Likewise if you see them posted for gems over the span of a few days.
- If you check the spreadsheet and see low lvl item being precrafts for multiple recipes and even better if those recipes are precrafts for even higher lvl recipes.
- Low lvl flawless precrafts that are required for higher lvl recipes.
- Chest blue prints items of high level quality.

So let's look at an example of an item that does sell for gems on the Trade House.

If you look at the recipe called Kunai in the picture, you can see that its a precraft for 2 items. One which is called Shuriken and the other ( the interesting one) called Seeking Kunai which in itself is a precraft for Frostfire Kunai and Heart Piercer. Now I myself am not even high lvl enough to see on the trade house how much seeking kunai/frostfire kunai/heart piercer even are worth. But just the fact that a flawless kunai is a precraft to these tells me it should be worth something. Ofcourse you need to confirm that it sells for gem by looking in the trade house but this way you can check all low lvl items and could predict in advance wether it might be worth checking out or not.

I've purposefully left one final indicator out so that I could explain it in more detail here. This one is probably the best way to make gems for lower lvl players. It's the Bulk Order items. Especially the lowest bulk order quests which require items that you can't make as a new player since you start out with other workers are worth looking into.
But before I tell you which ones are particularly profitable I want to show you the Bulk Order section of the spreadsheet.

It is pretty straightforward, look for low lvl orders and the items requested. Most items in this list sell well and some sell for gems relatively easily. I will name 1 such item which is the sling. I can already hear you laughing and thinking "isnt that a lvl 3 projectile which is easily craftable"? Yes but new players who don't have a worker yet to make projectiles and don't even understand the value of gems often buy these items for gems.

One final feature of the Trade House which I haven't mentioned is the request feature . You may think in the beginning that people wouldn't give you what you requested but you'd be surprised how many actually do. One reason for this is that one of the daily fragment quests requirements is to fulfill a certain amount of requested items. Another reason is probably because people need inventory space and rather sell requested items then throw them away if they need the space. In any case use this feature to get items you might need or you want to resell for gems.

That's it from me so far. If I can help just 1 person with this I would already feel accomplished. Most of these tips are probably explained somewhere on the forum but I don't think they are that obvious or explained thoroughly enough.

Take care on your journey to become a shop hero veteran!

Shiroe
"Legendary" Mastery Member

Re: lvl 1-20 Trade House tips by a beginner.

Postby Shiroe » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:00 am

So the best indicators of low lvl items that might sell for gems are:
- If you see them posted for 10x their base value over the span of a few days, then you can assume they have that selling price for a reason. Though you will not sell them for gold ofcourse.

If you refer to the request side, then yes. On the offer side there would be lots of "noise" in that.
New player sees items offered for gems, so thinks everything sells for gems, so also offers something for gems, which causes the next new player seeing 1 more item offered for gems, continuing the cycle...
And like in any free game, probably plenty of new players quit before the point where they realize their gem-priced offer isn't worth a trade slot and those offers linger on until a tradehouse cleanup that only happens once every few months. (after such a cleanup only offers/requests of people who logged in after the cleanup show on the tradehouse)

About bulk orders: that you can make gems off of those is largely the fault of Claudcade not explaining them well. :(

The fact you lose nothing by not rush-completing/that its not a daily task and that
"no, you won't get your request for common long muskets filled, since because of the tradehouse being first in first out someone would likely need to fill 600 of them before getting to your request, so request the unrequested good long muskets instead"
are probably some of my most typed things in world chat. :|

Useful tip: there's a tax at the tradehouse - 10% for gold transactions, 25% for gem transactions.
Because of the tax, you end up seeing different numbers on the offer and request side for the exact same value.
Let's take leather key cap gold price as example:
- on offer side you will see it priced for 2.5M gold. If someone buys it, the tradehouse takes 250K and the seller gets 2.25M
- on request side, the requester entered 2.5M, the tradehouse sets aside 250K for itself and shows it as a 2.25M request

Tax rounding is done up, so gets a bit quirky at low numbers.
(gems: 2-1=1, 3-1=2, 4-1=3, 5-2=3, 6-2=4, 7-2=5, 8-2=6, 9-3=6, 10-3=7)
as of 2016-09-11: Player level: 44, City: Eolythes, Blueprints: 517, Mastered: 419, Crafted: 78.61K
(except for tier 1 and some tier 2 artifacts mostly running my shop/gearing self sufficient)

Carbon

Re: lvl 1-20 Trade House tips by a beginner.

Postby Carbon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:22 am

Carbon wrote:So the best indicators of low lvl items that might sell for gems are:

Shiroe wrote: If you refer to the request side, then yes. On the offer side there would be lots of "noise" in that.
New player sees items offered for gems, so thinks everything sells for gems, so also offers something for gems, which causes the next new player seeing 1 more item offered for gems, continuing the cycle...
And like in any free game, probably plenty of new players quit before the point where they realize their gem-priced offer isn't worth a trade slot and those offers linger on until a tradehouse cleanup that only happens once every few months. (after such a cleanup only offers/requests of people who logged in after the cleanup show on the tradehouse)

As I said they are indicators among many others, and i've further explained in detail how they can make a more informed judgement on what might be gem worthy to sell.

About bulk orders: that you can make gems off of those is largely the fault of Claudcade not explaining them well. :(

The fact you lose nothing by not rush-completing/that its not a daily task and that
"no, you won't get your request for common long muskets filled, since because of the tradehouse being first in first out someone would likely need to fill 600 of them before getting to your request, so request the unrequested good long muskets instead"
are probably some of my most typed things in world chat. :|

Yeh thats definitely one of the reason why you can make gems off of bulk orders. I dont think i've mentioned the long muskets request being filled anywhere but yeh requesting something of higher quality if common is too expensive is a good advice I didn't include.

Useful tip: there's a tax at the tradehouse - 10% for gold transactions, 25% for gem transactions.
Because of the tax, you end up seeing different numbers on the offer and request side for the exact same value.
Let's take leather key cap gold price as example:
- on offer side you will see it priced for 2.5M gold. If someone buys it, the tradehouse takes 250K and the seller gets 2.25M
- on request side, the requester entered 2.5M, the tradehouse sets aside 250K for itself and shows it as a 2.25M request

Tax rounding is done up, so gets a bit quirky at low numbers.
(gems: 2-1=1, 3-1=2, 4-1=3, 5-2=3, 6-2=4, 7-2=5, 8-2=6, 9-3=6, 10-3=7)

On offer side you actually do see what you would when you are putting up the items right here:

Thanks for your commenting I will try to include your advice about the requesting higher quality when I got more time on my hands!

Return to “Beginner Strategy”