Benefits of a city

Discussion of lower level gameplay and strategy.
aban57

Benefits of a city

Postby aban57 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:09 am

Hi everyone,
I don't quite understand the purpose of joining a city, except for being able to access things I can't by myself.
If I invest money into a building, it benefits the city I'm in, not mine, so how do I progress ? Why would I invest money into someone else's city, instead of mine ?
Also, I went to the "create city" screen, and clicked on "create", thinking I had to create one to allow people to join my city. Now It's like I'm in a new city, with the old buildings, but some things are lost, like crown jewels. How come I'm in 2 cities now ? Can I go back to the first one ?
Last (unrelated) question, I'd like to xhange the "mayor's choice", but I can't. The button is just gryed out, and it's been more thant 24h since the last change. Why can't I change it ?
Sorry if my questions seem reverent to you :(

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Re: Benefits of a city

Postby WingDingo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:56 am

These are not reverent questions at all. Many of the good qualities of Shop Heroes is that it doesn't follow some of the rules of other games.

1.) Your investments follow you.

2.) You can't not be in a city. This is why there is no "leave button" and it is instead Create or Join.

3.) Buildings function for everyone in the same city at the combined amount of the total investments to that building. For example, if 2 players each have 10000 invested into the Town Hall, the Town Hall would be whatever level a 20000 invested Town Hall would be, for both players. In a Town of 25 players with 10000 invested into the Town Hall, the building would be whatever level a 250000 invested Town Hall would be, for all 25 players.

4.) Crown Jewels are the only thing that is actually tied to a City. They do not follow players.

5.) The Mayor can be voted upon. The player with the most votes is the Mayor. If there is a tie, I don't know what happens. Votes happen instantaneously, and the change of the Mayor happens instantaneously, and votes can be changed with no cooldown.

6.) The Mayor's Choice timer seems to be bugged out for many players. It should be changeable after 24 hours. Based on the frequency of players mentioning it, and their subsequent resolutions, I think that the first or second time you do Mayor's choice, it is locked in for longer than 24 hours. After you have been playing Shop Heroes in an established city for a week, I don't think I've ever heard of anybody having that issue.

7.) There is a tax for moving cities if you leave your city under 10 days of it's creation. The exception is if you are the only member of your city, or if you are kicked from a city. The tax is 10% of your total investments. The amount is reduced by 1% each 24 hours you have been in that city, to an eventual 0% after 10 days. The tax is insignificant at low levels. It is a feature meant to deter high level players abusing game mechanics. Unless you have invested near a Billion Gold into a city, ignore the tax, no matter what it is. Just go to a new city if you need to go to a new city.

Hiws
"Flawless" Mastery Member

Postby Hiws » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:14 pm

WingDingo wrote:5.) The Mayor can be voted upon. The player with the most votes is the Mayor. If there is a tie, I don't know what happens. Votes happen instantaneously, and the change of the Mayor happens instantaneously, and votes can be changed with no cooldown.

A tie simply makes it so there's no Mayor.
Happened when my city was switching from an inactive player to a new one.

aban57

Postby aban57 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:46 pm

WingDingo wrote:
2.) You can't not be in a city. This is why there is no "leave button" and it is instead Create or Join.

So what happens when, after starting the game and playing my city, I click "create" ? Where is the first city, and what exactly is the second one, since it has a different name but the same buildings ? I'm alone in both cities.

WingDingo wrote:6.) The Mayor's Choice timer seems to be bugged out for many players. It should be changeable after 24 hours. Based on the frequency of players mentioning it, and their subsequent resolutions, I think that the first or second time you do Mayor's choice, it is locked in for longer than 24 hours. After you have been playing Shop Heroes in an established city for a week, I don't think I've ever heard of anybody having that issue.

Good to know, thanks :)

I understood all you said about investment, I knew all that, but it doesn't explain what's the benefit of investing in someone else's city instead of mine, and by that I mean the city that was created when I started the game. Except for accessing other buildings/heroes/ workers. But on the long term, all my money spent on another city benefits mine, right ?

WingDingo
"Epic" Mastery Member

Postby WingDingo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:48 pm

aban57 wrote:
WingDingo wrote:

So what happens when, after starting the game and playing my city, I click "create" ? Where is the first city, and what exactly is the second one, since it has a different name but the same buildings ? I'm alone in both cities.

The first city I guess technically disappears. I'm not sure what you want to know. If you had X Invest in Building A and Y Invest in Building B, the second city you make will also have exactly X Invest in Building A and Y Invest in Building B. There's no technical difference. All that happens is the name changes and you don't carry over Crown Jewels. I don't even know if you can make a new city if you already solo.

aban57 wrote:I understood all you said about investment, I knew all that, but it doesn't explain what's the benefit of investing in someone else's city instead of mine, and by that I mean the city that was created when I started the game. Except for accessing other buildings/heroes/ workers. But on the long term, all my money spent on another city benefits mine, right ?
I think you're still not quite getting what happens.

There isn't "your city" and "the other city you invest in." When you make a city investment, that's a full end thought, end of statement. It's a "City Investment," full stop.

When you make a city investment, it combines with other players. If you leave, you take all of your city investments with you. In the picture, I am adding in 1.92G investment to the Town Hall. This is my amount that I have spent on the Town Hall from any time I have ever been in any city, ever. That is the investment I contribute to this city. If I move to another city, the city I was in removes 1.92G from their Town Hall and the building level could be reduced. If I go solo, my Town Hall will have exactly 1.92G. If I join another city, I could potentially level up their building if it wasn't already level 50.

aban57

Postby aban57 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:01 am

WingDingo wrote:
aban57 wrote:
WingDingo wrote:

The first city I guess technically disappears. I'm not sure what you want to know. If you had X Invest in Building A and Y Invest in Building B, the second city you make will also have exactly X Invest in Building A and Y Invest in Building B. There's no technical difference. All that happens is the name changes and you don't carry over Crown Jewels. I don't even know if you can make a new city if you already solo.

Yet, that's what happened :) And what's weird is that when I go to the rankings, I see both cities.

WingDingo wrote:
aban57 wrote:I understood all you said about investment, I knew all that, but it doesn't explain what's the benefit of investing in someone else's city instead of mine, and by that I mean the city that was created when I started the game. Except for accessing other buildings/heroes/ workers. But on the long term, all my money spent on another city benefits mine, right ?
I think you're still not quite getting what happens.

There isn't "your city" and "the other city you invest in." When you make a city investment, that's a full end thought, end of statement. It's a "City Investment," full stop.

When you make a city investment, it combines with other players. If you leave, you take all of your city investments with you. In the picture, I am adding in 1.92G investment to the Town Hall. This is my amount that I have spent on the Town Hall from any time I have ever been in any city, ever. That is the investment I contribute to this city. If I move to another city, the city I was in removes 1.92G from their Town Hall and the building level could be reduced. If I go solo, my Town Hall will have exactly 1.92G. If I join another city, I could potentially level up their building if it wasn't already level 50.

Ok I get it now, thanks.

Return to “Beginner Strategy”